You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SteveTheSquid

Report a player?

6 comments in this topic

Question

Players
22 posts

Just played a game in a stock Shiratsuyu (with a 1 point Captain...) and was fired on almost from the get-go by another player on my team in a Scharnhorst - because he said I was 'being a coward'(?).

Eventually, this moron torpedoed and then rammed me, sinking my ship.

I know there is supposed to be an auto-leveling system for this kind of behaviour but I really think this @hole needs to be banned?

Is there any mechanism to have WoW check out his behaviour? And if not, why not, because this was totally outrageous.

Edit - before he sank me I managed to get off a torp salvo which hit but did not sink him. Now I'm pink (with a SEVEN game penalty) and he's got off free. Where's the justice?

Been playing this game for neraly two years but now thinking twice about binning it.

Edited by SteveTheSquid
add more info

5 answers to this question

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,363 battles

The system does not care who started it, the system ends it.  So even if someone allied fires at you, the proper course is NOT to fire back. Just report and let the system take care of him. Note that we plan improvements in the sanction system, but the basic rule will still be that if you cause team damage, you bear the responsibility.

System also does not show punishments meted to other players - you may think he got of free, but he did not.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
18,960 battles
58 minutes ago, SteveTheSquid said:

So, how do I report him please?

Right click his nickname in the team panel or the post battle result screen. Click reports, and left click on a report of your choice. Note that you can only report (or compliment) people after a battle for about 5 minutes.

Players
22 posts

Thanks for the advice folks.

Less than 3 minutes into the battle and this jackass had shelled, torpedoed and rammed me...I knew when I set the torps off that it was the wrong thing to do, but at the time it really made me feel better! :)

Weekend Tester
1,261 posts
33,018 battles

Noone will help you. Unless you are a community contributor and well-known member of a top clan who has a direct line to WG staff.

The system ends nothing. 2 tk in ranked by the same player in one round.

Edit: And as it seems, said cc is also informed about actions taken against his bully. Unlike us normal plebs. Good to see we are all treated equally.

Edited by Caljostro