Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bellegar

Pan Asia tech tree

3 comments in this topic

Question

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts

I just saw the announcement for the Pan Asia tech tree and I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong, I like every addition of ships, simply because there's more content to play with.

But I'm confused because apparently Nelson is gunwise too weird to fit into the UK BB tech tree (exact words used by Sub Octavian), but apparently it's not too weird to mix DDs from around the world from different nations with different playstyles fit into one line? Can somebody explain this to me? I really don't understand why Nelson's misfit is a gamebreaker but the misfit of an entire line is not.

2 answers to this question

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,389 battles

How do you know all the DDs have different playstyle? :fish_book:

From looking at them (actually they will just be joining ST so cannot even comment on their ingame behavior, but this is rather extrapolating from what can be found about ships historically and ferom the description we provided)

Tier II: German boat, so rather gunboat.

Tier III: Brits so far seem to be kinda balanced gun/torp boats, then again only examples are Anthony and Gallant and Anthony cannot be really counted. Blyskawica is however a British design - and an excellent gunboat. Tier III is Brit.

Tier IV: While originally Japanese torpedo boat, she was captured armed with only one gun and no torpedo launchers, as she was used as Kaiten carrier. Among proposals (not fulfilled) for her modification was using US 5"/51 guns and torpedoes - which we have here. So... Kinda like the 5"/51 conversion of some late Clemsons. Ergo... More likely to be a gunboat.

Tier V: Destroyer flotilla leader project. While never built, these ships were overall supposed to lend a hand to normal destroyers with heavier gun armament.

Tier VI: Project 7. Need to add more?

Tier VII: This is the big unknown. However... N class were large destroyers banking on gun armament. Again, history draws parallel to Blyskawica.

Tiers VIII - X: US destroyers. 'nuff said.

So... While the ships are from a host of backgrounds, it does not seem to be too outlandish to me to think that they will have similar enough playstyles and increasing gun / torpedo power and survivability along the tiers :)

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts

Well yes of course it's still too early to say anything useful about game performance. But seeing the differing backgrounds of all those ships, I just find it hard to believe the line will be clean and weirdness-free.

But alright, I suppose I can be fair enough to give you the benefit of the doubt for now ;) 

You do know that this will eventually bite you in the behind if that line turns out to be a mix and match of different playstyles right? :Smile_izmena:

(and now the claim that 2-1-2 Graf Zeppelin is boring, but apparently a 4th Gnevny in the game isn't, isn't really helping you in the double standards argument.... still, thanks for the reply though)

Sign in to follow this