Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Azakeit

Gameplay more "arcade" oriented than historical

5 comments in this topic

Question

Azakeit   

Hello,

Right now, the gameplay is a mix of historical and realistic feature and pure fantasy settings to induce a good and interesting gameplay.

But we can see that new ships lines don't offer new varieties of gameplay (french cruisers, possible RN BB line and Pan Asia DD line...), that's fine in a historical pov but not in a gameplay focused on "team deathmatch".

Do you consider adding more "fantasy" features to the game to improve teamplay or individual play ?

4 answers to this question

Tuccy   

The British battleships will offer plenty of new flavour - esp. for players willing to tank (the repair consumable). While we try to make each branch somehow interesting, often it is subtle (cue in French cruisers - speed consumable and biggest guns on cruiser (well on real cruiser, not on Panzerschiffe), in other lines it is more visible (UK cruisers).

On the other hand we do not want to go completely off the board here - so we are trying to keep craziness in check.

On 8.8.2017 at 5:03 PM, Azakeit said:

Hello,

Right now, the gameplay is a mix of historical and realistic feature and pure fantasy settings to induce a good and interesting gameplay.

But we can see that new ships lines don't offer new varieties of gameplay (french cruisers, possible RN BB line and Pan Asia DD line...), that's fine in a historical pov but not in a gameplay focused on "team deathmatch".

Do you consider adding more "fantasy" features to the game to improve teamplay or individual play ?

I hate this fantasy crap, already too much punkships in the game right now

Azakeit   

You understood me wrong here, i'm not talking about laser ships or manga ships.

I'm talking about fantasy stats of ships, for exemple :

- Did the japanese HE shells were so powerful with good fire chance ? probably not, but we don't care it helps balance the game

- Did the german HE shells were so weak ? don't care but it helps balance because it has good AP

- Did the captain are able to magically sense that they are spotted and that X ppl are aiming at them ? certainly not but we don't care...

- Did we can see shells tracers in real life and distinguish He from AP due to color ? certainly not but we don't care...

We can think of a lot of game feature (commander skills, upgrades, consumables) that can improve the gameplay but are pure fantasy. (stunning shells, better tracer shells so the accuracy is increased when firing multiple time at the same target, stealth ships that can evade RPF...).

Sign in to follow this