Kandly

Do you want to wake the dragon?

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

61 posts in this topic

Captains,

As time flies, so do our ship projects. The British battleships are just around the corner - and we have another line in the works already! This time, after two European branches, we switch our attention to the Asian countries - and since neither of the navies had enough ships to compile a branch on their own, let's mix things up a bit - get ready for ship designs from all over the world!

As some of the ships had previous owners, you can see that the line will be extremely varied. So without further ado, let's explore them!

Action Stations!

1 person likes this

I Cheng An - 成安

Built as Kaibōkan (coastal defense ship type D №40) which was transferred to China after WWII. In 1949 warships with a crew escaped to Taiwan. In game she will be armed by twin 127mm Type 89 dual purpose guns.

8df473f8-7c15-11e7-9b20-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

II Long Jiang - 龍江

Designed as part of Chinese order for German manufacturers, this design served as the basis for the German V-25 class. While the original design carrier 88mm guns, we have decided to use the same upgrade V-25's used in German service - upgunning to 105mm guns. In game the ship will fly the Kuomintang flag.

90442da6-7c15-11e7-9efe-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

III Phra Ruang - เรือหลวง พระร่วง

Built as part of the R-Class for the Royal Navy, the HMS Radiant was later sold to the Royal Thai Navy.

8c0c2fcc-7c15-11e7-9efe-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 90ed3edc-7c15-11e7-8788-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 

IV Shen Yang - 瀋陽

Japanese destroyer Namikaze later transferred to Republic of China as prize of war. In game she will be carrying one of the weapon upgrades proposed after she was transferred to China - four American 127 mm guns and triple 533 mm torpedo tubes.

910c93cc-7c15-11e7-a9ec-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

V Jian Wei - 建威

Paper project by Thornycroft for sale China in 1929 as Т.306, 'Flotilla leader for China' - as such, she flies the Kuomintang flag in game.

924e90dc-7c15-11e7-9efe-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

2 people like this

VI Fu Shun - 抚顺

This Project 7 destroyer was built as Rezkiy and, after service int he Soviet Navy, she was sold to the People's Republic of China in 1954.

8d15590c-7c15-11e7-a9ec-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 92affca0-7c15-11e7-8a6c-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

VII Gadjah Madah

Built as part of the British N-class of destroyers, the HMS Nonpareil was transferred to the Royal Dutch Navy as HNLMS Tjerk Hiddes before the construction was completed. After WWII she was sold to Indonesia and renamed as KRI Gadjah Mada.

8cc047e6-7c15-11e7-93b7-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 93d03d5c-7c15-11e7-9b20-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

VIII Hsien Yang - 咸陽

During her lively career the Gleaves class USS Rodman (DD-456) saw conversion to a Destroyer Minesweeper (DMS-21), back to destroyer and finally a sale to Taiwan as Hsien Yang (DD-16).

Question: Do you know which movie she starred in?

946208ae-7c15-11e7-bf45-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

IX Chung Mu - 충무함

Commissioned as USS Erben (DD-631), this Fletcher class destroyer served actively both in WWII and int he Korean war. In 1963 she was sold to the South Korea to become the first destroyer of the South Korean navy.

8d115d20-7c15-11e7-bd4b-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 9499b358-7c15-11e7-8079-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

X Hsiang Yang - 襄陽

USS Brush (DD-745) belonged to the Allen M. Summer class of destroyers. Taking part in WWII and subsequently in Korea and Vietnam, she was sold to Taiwan in 1969 and renamed Hsiang Yang

8db76f6c-7c15-11e7-9aae-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 94c439de-7c15-11e7-9b20-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Kandly said:

since neither of the navies had enough ships to compile a branch on their own

You mean: 

Since none of the countries even existed during WWII we give them ship they used during the 60s and still pretend this is a game about WWII? Will not break immersion one bit....

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, von_Boeg said:

You mean: 

Since none of the countries even existed during WWII we give them ship they used during the 60s and still pretend this is a game about WWII? Will not break immersion one bit....

Is a WWII ship being used in 1960s still any less WWII? :cap_hmm:

The game covers ships from the beginning of Dreadnought era to, generally, end of gun era. While most of them were active during WWII (and actually the top tiers here are safely WII ships), the game never was ONLY about WWII.

2 people like this

Gameplay and captain skill consistency is for sissies anyway ...

3 people like this

An interesting branch. Will give it a try. Especially like the V-25 lookalike :-)

RE: WW2 - I think the focus is even far to much on WW2 - other eras deserve some love too.

Question: will an Anshan Captain work on these ships?

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Is a WWII ship being used in 1960s still any less WWII? :cap_hmm:

The game covers ships from the beginning of Dreadnought era to, generally, end of gun era. While most of them were active during WWII (and actually the top tiers here are safely WII ships), the game never was ONLY about WWII.

13 minutes ago, von_Boeg said:

You mean: 

+1 What tuccy said

Just be grateful that Submarines are not in the game.
the former USS Phoenix was still considered a threat and therefore a target in 1982 and the Iowa class were still a priority target for the soviet's during the cold war. 

In reality there are ships in this game that date from before the Dreadnought era and took part in the Russo-Japanese war. 

6 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

As this is an Pan Asia branche it should work as every branch. So your Anshan commander will not work. However every commander of this branch you can put in your Anshan. (or you have to retrain your anshan commander to one of these ships.)

35 minutes ago, Kandly said:

Captains,

.... - and since neither of the navies had enough ships to compile a branch on their own, let's mix things up a bit - get ready for ship designs from all over the world!

My head is exploding! I cannot possibly comprehend such a vast change in ships between tiers. Please fix. 

fu-shun is really nice looking ship...

however, i dont think that this tree is a good idea because with introducing these ships you will just diminished the possibility to introduce these ships in tree branches of their original country...and it looks really messy

I feel that such a line would be very difficult to handle; having ships from so many different nations means there is no one form of style to the line; such as how USSR DDs are clearly gunboats as opposed to IJN DDs  which are very clearly more suited to torpedo use. This massive difference which would be at every single tier as you go up this line would be both difficult to implement and difficult to adjust to from a player's point of view.

1 person likes this

Not exactly what I was expecting after the RN battleships... I'm a bit perplexed about the different nationalities and how the commanders will work.

24 minutes ago, __Poi__ said:

I feel that such a line would be very difficult to handle; having ships from so many different nations means there is no one form of style to the line; such as how USSR DDs are clearly gunboats as opposed to IJN DDs  which are very clearly more suited to torpedo use. This massive difference which would be at every single tier as you go up this line would be both difficult to implement and difficult to adjust to from a player's point of view.

I think this is fine. All this "ships need to be the same in one branch" is BS anyway. I for one like some diversity in playstyle within a branch - like the IJN BBs with their mix of BBs and BCs.

Id love Ning Hai to be in the cruiser branch, be a faster Katori with 6 x 140mm guns and 2 twin torpedo tubes. 

Any news on Chungking (Former HMS Aurora) as she was leaked quite a while ago.

In terms of actual ships the thing that interests me most are the destroyers from the other navies but considering the amount of reusable assets here I dont think there's much of an issue with what's being added aside from the ships potentially changing playstyles as the line goes up.

I only hope they are simply fun ships to play rather than having some gimmick forced on them, plus there's no Tan Yang so there's still hope for a Yukikaze premium sometime.

Looks beautiful. If anyone is surprised with the fact that US and Japanese and Russian ships including German are there,  it's rather understandable. They had at times sold they're stuff to  China because at the time, China couldn't gather they're own vehicles or something like that so US sold their stuff for extra cash, Russia helped them as Neighbors, etc, etc. But the fact that the tree contains many playstyles is what is really nice. It provides diversity in my opinion.

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

100% Yes.

1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

fu-shun is really nice looking ship...

however, i dont think that this tree is a good idea because with introducing these ships you will just diminished the possibility to introduce these ships in tree branches of their original country...and it looks really messy

While it looks messy in places, I do not think much is diminished. After all you have for example Benson in both incarnations (Benson and Lo Yang) and for the rest I don't think any of them was a lead ship in their class. You even get a British paper project in the deal ;)

1 hour ago, __Poi__ said:

Note that there is only one IJN DD, on Tier IV - and we have included one of the rebuilds proposed for it (as at the time it was ceded to China, she was a Kaiten carrier with just one gun) - switching to US 5"/51 guns and US torpedoes should bring her a bit more into the "gunboat" tone leading up to the US Tier X's. Before them though the N class is pretty gun-heavy, Fu Shun is Project 7 so a gunboat too...

47 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I think this is fine. All this "ships need to be the same in one branch" is BS anyway. I for one like some diversity in playstyle within a branch - like the IJN BBs with their mix of BBs and BCs.

Statistics show that it is a very real concern. I know that forumites in general scoff at issues concerning average players, but... They are there. And contrary to popular forum perception "Avergae" != "Bad" ;) 

26 minutes ago, ScienceWoona said:

In terms of actual ships the thing that interests me most are the destroyers from the other navies but considering the amount of reusable assets here I dont think there's much of an issue with what's being added aside from the ships potentially changing playstyles as the line goes up.

I only hope they are simply fun ships to play rather than having some gimmick forced on them, plus there's no Tan Yang so there's still hope for a Yukikaze premium sometime.

Re. gimmick: currently we are preparing to test deep-set torpedoes, passing under lighter ships, but with reduced detectability and quite nasty to them battlewagons - we will see how the tests go but that could perhaps be a special trait here :)

2 people like this

Would still have preferred a CV line but yhey still need their rework.

But this looks interesting,  slightly concerned about Captain skills with the differing play style between tiers though

Can someone explain me the aim of this navy? Outside to milk the average chinese guy that still thinks his country had a navy in ww2. (SPOILER ALERT; THEY DIDN'T, it took them until 1949 to start buying ships to other nations, and until the 70s to build some of their own.) 

Just a copycat branch that will be "flavored" by adding a consumable. Radar maybe... 

Come on, if they wanted to add an interesting DD line, they had Italian, French, Royal Navy or even a Pan European tree for that. A pan european tree can be filled up to tier VIII (or more by some tweaking) by completely unique ships from minor navies, and absolutely no soviet nor murican boat. 

I'm so disappointed. I said once that I would stop the game if the chinese counterfeits plastic ships would come ingame before the italian or french navy trees... Well... Close to do it. 

As a PS: even the Brazilian navy deserved to be here BEFORE this excuse of a branch. 

3 people like this

Still not a single italian line. CA, DD, BB.

Still no RN DD or CV (this I can understand however).

Still no French BB nor DD.

Just a copy-pasta line of RN/RU/USN DD, probably with stupid broken statistics (radar I bet). 

Also, with that mix of gameplay, you're still gonna say "Nelson as regular ship would be too strange for the average player" ? Double standard, I see. Yeah, I don't forget.

Btw, that will be the fourth Fletcher, the fourth Gnevny and the third Benson ingame.

You're doing things the wrong way. This new branch is only there to sell ships to SEA server.

1 person likes this

No, I want the other lines from the main navies.

4 people like this

No, i want to eat pasta on my own Italian BB

3 people like this