Sign in to follow this  
Kandly

Wargaming.net Game Center - Open Beta - Feedback

24 comments in this topic

Players
357 posts
13,788 battles

Seems nice and all, but doesn't offer anything new imo.,  so it is just another game service to drain the system and internet bandwidth. Why not just put WoWs on Steam?

I wanted to use it, but i want to have my Steam UI enabled with the game so i can chat with friends etc while playing WoWs. 

So I wanted to roll back, to the old launcher, but when i removed the new launcher it deleted the whole game, so now i have to reinstall/redownload WoWs which is always FUN...  But may give it another shot, and see if it can find the right game file that makes the Steam UI work in the background.

Wanted to play now, but atleast i get a fresh unmodded game install out of it.

[KOBK]
Alpha Tester
120 posts
4,042 battles

I quite like the launcher, updated and imported all the games installed on my pc. I line the layout, and the look, and it works.

[TORPZ]
Alpha Tester
433 posts
9,797 battles
Spoiler

Ich nutze seit langem den WoT ProMod, welcher ein komplet konfigurierbares Set an Mods verwendet. Der Mod hat auch einen eigenen Updater, und erstellt eine eigene .exe Datei, welche jedes Mal beim Start erst nach Updates für das Mod Packet sucht und erst dann, wenn alle Mods aktuell sind, den Launcher startet.
Daher wäre es sehr praktisch, wenn man im Launcher diese exe statt der normalen WoT exe starten könnte, aber trotzdem via Launcher das Spiel immer aktuell hält.

Auch wäre ein kleiner Checker praktisch, welcher News, die man im launcher gelesen hat, im Spiel auch als gelesen markiert.

Ansonsten ist der Launcher ein echt praktisches Ding, und gefällt mir sehr. 
Wäre aber angenehm, wenn der launcher sich öffnen würde, wenn man die Destop Verknüpfung ausführt, denn aktuell startet dies nur den Launcher nur in der Statusleiste unten rechts, und es ist lässtig, ihn jedes mal dort manuell aufzurufen.

Sonst aber wie gesgt hübsch nett und praktisch.

Did the whole thing as german ticket first, so if i already have it...german feedback in the spoiler, translated to english here.

i'm using the WoT ProMod for a longer time now, which includes a lot of mods which you can switchon and off and configure them as you see fit. The mod has an own small updater, which creates an own custom .exe file, which always checks for updates for your mods before actually starting the game launcher. 

It would be really handy, if you could include such custom .exe files into the launcher instead of the normal WoT .exe, so that I still can keep my mods up to date while the new launcher keeps the game up to date.

Also a small kind of interaction between game and launcher would be cool, so that news which you have already read inside the launcher wont pop up as new inside the game aswell.

Aside from that, i really like the launcher. Just the fact that the launcher does not open on your screen when you execute the desktop file, it then only opens the launcher in the small status bar in the bottom right corner of windows, so you always have to go there and open the launcher from there. Thats a bit annoying to use.

But rest is fine until now, and a good improvement to the game and all.

Players
6 posts
5,839 battles

I think it's a benefit if you play on more than one server, also tidies up WOT and WOS.

Imported EU no problem after using it for NA already.

I like the background updates, saves time for me personally to get in game after an update.

:cap_happy:

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles

Clicking the close button minimises the launcher to the system tray. I'd be grateful for an option to simply close the launcher as I'd rather download things when I want to and don't need half-a-dozen bloody game launchers eating my bandwidth when I'm trying to stream pr0n. Steam does the same thing and it's a pain in the hole. Close program means close the bloody program, not hide where you think I can't see it any more. :Smile_sceptic:

The "LEAVE FEEDBACK" button in the launcher takes you to Support and if you raise a ticket to leave your feedback, which is the only option available, they reply telling you it's nothing to do with them and ask that you post about it on the Tanks forum instead. :Smile_facepalm:

Other than that, looks good and seems functional. Some of the content is a little out of date ("Yamamoto Campaign Coming Soon!") but that's obviously a minor niggle.

Players
66 posts
7,819 battles

I think the idea is close to being ok and i do know it's "Beta" ...

BUT .. i do want a program that STAYS closed, and NOT randomly opens up by itself and force itself to front, even after the program has been exited .. that is really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also ... I did set the bandwidth usage to 0 ... but still, alot of traffic is out and ingoing :etc_swear: ... as stated above this, if the program is opted to be closed .. IT STAYS CLOSED AND DO NOT WORK IN BACKGROUND IN ANY WAY SUCKING UP BANDWIDTH !!!!!!!!!

Uninstalled and back to old launcher who works perfectly !!!!

You can do better wargaming !

Beta Tester
45 posts
9,060 battles

Just wanted to say that I often participate in the common tests and wish to keep doing so. So I hope, if not now then later, besides the live version of the game, there is also an option to install and play the common test version so it is even more unified.

[PNAVY]
Weekend Tester
160 posts
23,712 battles

This game center is fancy and all, unifying all titles. I am still waiting for resources unification, as promised 2 years ago.

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
1 hour ago, worlok said:

This game center is fancy and all, unifying all titles. I am still waiting for resources unification, as promised 2 years ago.

now uninstall that launcher and u will see how good is............................................

Players
1 post
8,434 battles

Launcher is great.I can see in 1 second if there is anything interesting in shop,or read the news for any game.I can close it and hide in taskbar so updates install when i don't play and is ready when i want to play,instead to download when i want to play and then waste my time as it was happen before.But what is missing and i can not see is my friends.I would like to see which of my friends are online and which game they play at the time,so i can joy them,instead to open the game for example the wows and then to check if friends are online and then to open and check in wot if friends are online.Noone does that, so i would like in launcher to have a friend list so i can check them before i even open any of the WG games.Exactly as is on Steam.Or as someone else suggest it put the game into Steam.

Beta Tester
115 posts
8,739 battles
  1. I'd rather have to option to terminate the process when I close the launcher rather than just minimizing it in the tray
  2. if I move the launcher window, the launcher will eventually reset its position to top left corner every god damn time

Players
2 posts
13,048 battles

WG, please make available in the game center the following options, which for some of us are very important:

1. When I work, I don't want to be disturbed by annoying popups or things like that. Gaming is gaming and work is work, and I don't want interference. So it is important to have the option to DISABLE all notifications, popups, etc.

2. Sometimes I run intensive applications, which require all of my CPU, disk and network bandwidth. I don't want in these periods of time to have waiting times because suddenly a new update appeared and it is downloaded and installed...especially if I play only in weekends or on few other days. In fact I want my computer CLEAN, without background processes or Windows services.

3. I don't want anyone to know my gaming habits and to ask me questions like "what is that icon?", so it is important to be able to fully CLOSE all the gaming related things when I don't need them.

Thank you

[-BIA-]
[-BIA-]
Players
16 posts
1,854 battles

Hello,

please include the possibility to update the client BETA too. actually i can update WOWS WOT and WOA, but i can't include WOWS Beta, (tat i use for see in preview the new version).

infact on my pc i have two different foldere WOWS one official and the other one for the beta.

the game center have detect and include the officila WOWS, mean the BEta folder not. actually i have two client start.... the new game center and the old , where that last still to update the version beta.....

thanks.

[CS-N]
Players
18 posts
284 battles

I would like to suggest probably the same thing, as Iollo08 above - it would be really nice to add a WoWS Public Test to the "list of games available/administrated" in the Game Centre? It will help me a lot to keep it updated and under my controll.

Thank You.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
19,021 battles

I was forced to install this thing to play Total War Arena. Just because of this mandatory installation I already dislike WGC, but it got worse.

When installed, it DEMANDED to get supervision over my WoWs installation, too. There is no way to get around it. WGC will apparently anschluss any and all WG products on your PC. Another point why I dislike WGC.

When I paused the installation of TWA, WGC all of a sudden went defcon one, gets stuck in a loop and floods my webservice related network ports with ceaseless requests, blocking out all other services. This lead to the rather curious situation where I could play WoWs without problems and even chat via Discord, but couldn't surf to any website at all. Had to restart the PC to make the WGC loop stop.

Weekend Tester
816 posts
9,270 battles

This time around, does it work with multiple clients?

I have WoWS RU, NA, EU and PTS, and WoT RU, NA, EU, SEA and PTS/Sandbox (oh, and poor old WoWP EU....). Last version of Wargaming Centre couldn't detect more than three clients, and appeared to prevent updates for the others. I had to re-install everything to get rid of it.

[THREE]
Players
7 posts
12,296 battles

I have been running it for a month or so and installed the latest version now hoping that it would now support HiDPI, but it doesn't.  It's still a tiny window in a corner of the 4k screen that is hardly readable.  I know it has supported it briefly, like the first time I started it, but since then it's been tiny.  So the method of supporting it seems flawed and not the support itself. 

[DUBO]
Players
69 posts

Could we have an option, so we can read the news in our regular browser? I mean, so that when you click on a link in the Game Center, it opens in my browser, and not in the Game Centers built-in browser? Something I can select in settings?

Same thing in the game, actually, the news takes forever to load, so i tend to skip it and just read it in my browser.

[SH33P]
Players
203 posts
13,832 battles

I just play 90% one game. I don t need WG game center. I hope that the actual «shortcut» option will still be available, as I ve already been annoyed by WoT in-game «updates», hum... Thank you. Oh could u just give the option to disable those in-game updates. (of course no). U re welcome. :)

[ROUT]
Beta Tester
4 posts
10,089 battles

Really bad product.

Decided to try World of Warplanes, had to install Game Center. Don't want to play warplanes anymore so uninstalled game center and now i cant play warships anymore because suddenly you must have Game Center to play. The logic behind forcing a customer to use a beta product like Game Center is to me mind boggling.

So now instead of double clicking the WoWs launcher and press play, i have to double click WoWs icon, wait for game center to start (no way i am putting that on auto start with windows) go down to the system tray and maximize it, select WoWs, press update then i can press play......

[SW]
Players
3 posts
9,395 battles

Forced to download this POS in order to try WoWP 2.0. Wasted hours as it failed to find the previously installed (and working correctly) WoT and WoWS. It also failed to find the server for WoWP. Raised aticket and jumped through many hoops and submitted counless log files etc as requested. Result, problems remained exactly as described, Support ran out of suggestions, and now have a huge ping for WoT EU1.

Please WG dont ever do this to us again!

Sign in to follow this