You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TomBombardil

Epic Commanders VS "famous" commanders

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
16,098 battles

Hello forummites and Wargaming

Whats up wiht the introduction of "Epic commaders" in 0.6.9 with "Unique" skill.

While there are allready "Famous" carracters as commanders out there. with Unique buffs.

Are these "Famous" once ganne get the same Status as these "Epic" once, or the same/different visuals diffrences. Or are they ganne stay in some kind of LIMBO?

Or is this an Other start of a P2W mechanic where these "famous" Commanders get the "Rare" status. and soon you can by "legendary" CHAMPIONS, i mean commanders?

I have 2 requests

1. Clean up the "famous" commanders that there recognisable as Special, with reconisable visual for buffed skill

2. No NEW inplementation of a Pay2Win, (or Play2Win) mechanic.

Lets bring it more to the skilled gamplay than to the hirewired advantage.

those "famous" commanders where allready a hardwire advantage, now these?

What is this game a Battle-Arena where skill determance or a Grinding-Arena where hardwire (aka money) determance the outcome of battle.

for a quick reminder of hardwire p2w gameplay. Ranked season "Belfast"

Thx for your CONSIDERATION!

TomBombardil

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
16 minutes ago, TomBombardil said:

I have 2 requests

1. Clean up the "famous" commanders that there recognisable as Special, with reconisable visual for buffed skill

2. No NEW inplementation of a Pay2Win, (or Play2Win) mechanic.

Lets bring it more to the skilled gamplay than to the hirewired advantage.

What is this game a Battle-Arena where skill determance or a Grinding-Arena where hardwire (aka money) determance the outcome of battle.

for a quick reminder of hardwire p2w gameplay. Ranked season "Belfast"

Not sure what exactely you are on.

1. Steven Seagal (according to you a "famous" commander?) has his own name, portrait, voice and gets bonuses on certain skills. Not sure about Dunkirk but I guess he also has a unique portrait and name plus bonuses on certain skills. Both of them don't have unique passive skills like Yamamoto but that's why he is epic and it takes a lot more effort to get him.

2. Which of the three commanders above is P2W? You could get famous commanders only via missions so far and there was no possibility for a shortcut in form of spending money for Steven Seagal. I also don't consider any of the two P2W because for this the bonuses are too small. Yamamoto is also NOT P2W because you have to solve the campaign to get him. No shortcuts with money, no bribes to WG, no possibility to buy him. So what exactely is P2W about them? And even if you also could buy Yamamoto in the premium shop it would still be NOT P2W because you'd also have the option to get him by solving the campaign. P2W means that you get significant advantages with money only.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
16,098 battles

@Tungstonid

The point is that there are alleady "special" comanders, but WG inplements a new kind of special, no consistency? just random NEW content!

and that this "epic" status awfully looks like the start of a pay2win, with a rare-epic-legendary loop.

with it allready being it a play2win hardwire mechenich, instead of skill/knowlige based.

Above that,i dont see any difference in visuals fo these "famous"/"special" commanders than the reagular.

WG just makes its own game more messy. instead of inproving.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Yes, there are special commanders with small bonuses and some gimmicks like own portraits.

And now they introduce special/unique commanders with bigger bonuses and for which you have to work your rear off.

This is consistent in the same why that in other games items with better stats have a different label than normal ones, for example in terms of rarity or something like common (weak/normal --> normal captain), uncommon (stronger --> famous captains like Steven Seagal) and legendary (very strong --> special commander like Yamamoto).

And why does it look like P2W? As I explained above, there is no P2W so far (edit: in regards to commanders). I'd agree if they take the next unique captain and make him available via premium shop only but I doubt it because that would be inconsistent.

What kind of visuals do you want for famous commanders? As I also explained, they have their own portraits and names and Steven even got his own voice over and you can see him practicing his kicks if you put him on the Missouri. What more do you want? Extra special effects, fairy lights, ...?

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,763 posts
8,898 battles

I like P2W elements. I love it, when I can compensate my lack of skill with my wallet!

So, WG, please introduce some buyable super-commanders in the premium shop!

[EXNOM]
Players
557 posts
5,422 battles

Look. I've said this multiple times already. The only and I mean ONLY special commander anyone should be talking about getting WG to create is Dasha Perova 

Why is anybody interested in any other person to be an legendary commander?

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
260 posts
5,405 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

I like P2W elements. I love it, when I can compensate my lack of skill with my wallet!

Or just have something like "#number of wins for 30£" or any bundle like that.

It will help me buy my stat 

:cap_money:

Players
2,385 posts
15,466 battles
11 hours ago, principat121 said:

Extra captain levels would sell much better.