You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
vuurkillertje

Ships of 'minor' nations

20 comments in this topic

Question

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
15 posts
4,574 battles

What are the plans for 'minor' nations navy's like the Royal Netherlands Navy or Swedish Navy, if there are any? Those nations could fill (sometimes incomplete) lines and there are some quite famous/historically important ships from these kind of nations.

• Cool 1

19 answers to this question

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,389 battles

It's a bit too early for this, however maybe a similar approach to the Pan-Asian line could be taken - then again that is still a thing of far future. Some European designs are rather interesting and often they offer more than one variant (De Zeven Provincien, looking at you! :D).

So: In the future, maybe. In the short term, not likely - we have other fish to fry first :cap_haloween:

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

Seconded. I could very much like to see ships like Yavuz, De Ruyter or Szent Istvan.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Isaac Sweers ( jezus I must have typed the name of that ship at least 5 times today already, it seems to be getting a habit :D ) is what I am waiting for, with like Harekaze multiple hull options giving us either originally intended armament or the RN weapons mounted when she couldn't be finished in The Netherlands. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNLMS_Isaac_Sweers

Though some mid tier Dutch cruisers would fit nicely into the game, seeing how Dutch ships had the best AAA at the time ( first triple axis stabilized with own fire control bofors iirc ). A Tromp class cruiser would probably fit nicely in tier 5 with as 'gimmick' the first tier 5 with defensive AAA consumable? 

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles
4 hours ago, Tuccy said:

It's a bit too early for this, however maybe a similar approach to the Pan-Asian line could be taken - then again that is still a thing of far future. Some European designs are rather interesting and often they offer more than one variant (De Zeven Provincien, looking at you! :D).

So: In the future, maybe. In the short term, not likely - we have other fish to fry first :cap_haloween:

Does that mean you are considering not making the odd ships premiums only but assembling some regular lines like the Pan-Asian DD's? That would be nice to see.

• Cool 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,389 battles
19 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

But you are happy to take Dutch / RN / US DD's and bring them in as pan asian BEFORE you can be bothered to introduce the parent ship? 

I'm not dutch, but do you actually know how many dutch players you have in game who are waiting for a dutch ship?

I know the reason will be commerical, but it just feels wrong. 

Going country by country is pretty difficult, as you end up with ships like Blyskawica that are there just for the one commander. It is always better to go full hog for a tech tree line (even if preceded by Premiums by quite some time). I fully expect the same reaction the moment we release first Dutch/Swedish/whichever smaller European antion ship and have questions why the others ;)

This year was so far pretty good for Europe - we got German Destroyers before the end of last year, then French cruisers, British battleships are just around the corner, in the meantime we also got several European Premiums including the first Italian ship. However we cover four regions (a fact many here seem to forget ;)) and while there may be a lot of Dutch players waiting for a Dutch ship, do you know how many Chinese, Korean, Indonesian... players are there awaiting their nation's ships?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
2 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Going country by country is pretty difficult, as you end up with ships like Blyskawica that are there just for the one commander. It is always better to go full hog for a tech tree line (even if preceded by Premiums by quite some time). I fully expect the same reaction the moment we release first Dutch/Swedish/whichever smaller European antion ship and have questions why the others ;)

This year was so far pretty good for Europe - we got German Destroyers before the end of last year, then French cruisers, British battleships are just around the corner, in the meantime we also got several European Premiums including the first Italian ship. However we cover four regions (a fact many here seem to forget ;)) and while there may be a lot of Dutch players waiting for a Dutch ship, do you know how many Chinese, Korean, Indonesian... players are there awaiting their nation's ships?

How big is their player base?

Are there more of them playing and paying the bills, since that is why we have Blys, active community size. I seriously doubt there are as many people playing from Korea as compared with The Netherlands ( I might be 100% wrong though.. man I keep forgetting what a small country we are :Smile_hiding: ). 

Actually considering that, you're probably going to say their player base is bigger :( 

I just want a real Dutch ship, and not a mention of a Dutch ship being disguised as Pan Asian when it's just a RN DD which never served at the RN but did in the KM ( Koninklijke Marine, NOT Kriegsmarine ) :)

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
On 8-8-2017 at 6:06 PM, Tuccy said:

De Zeven Provincien, looking at you!

*sacrificing 2 rabbits, 1 goat, 5 sheep, mix their blood, boil it and performing a very dark ritual* You hold that thought.... In fact: get possessed by that thought. Never ever, ever let that go. Have nightmares until you've introduced a Dutch ship ingame!!

On a serious note: I think you have a great idea. I fully admit a complete Dutch line would be too much for wows. But a "Pan -European line?" That's awesome. WWI era ships dominated by Scandinavian/ Italian ships. Throw in Blys in the DD line. Spanish, Greek and Turkish ships "scattered" around the tree line. But I know I'm speaking on behalf of an important part of your playerbase here: I'll throw in a party if there's 1 (ONE, the number between 0 and 2, the first and lowest prime number, which even square(s) (roots) and quotients to itself (and THIS coming from the calculation idiot of the entire playerbase!!!))  Dutch ship present.....

[AMOK]
Players
1,961 posts
8,601 battles

Actually theres a lot of stuff in minor european navys or Commonwealth Nations ...even own designs.

So yeah please:Smile_great: ...just start with the netherlandish stuff.

(or just copy/paste and bring a pan asian line:Smile_facepalm:)

[HOO]
Players
1,901 posts
3,742 battles
10 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

But you are happy to take Dutch / RN / US DD's and bring them in as pan asian BEFORE you can be bothered to introduce the parent ship? 

I'm not dutch, but do you actually know how many dutch players you have in game who are waiting for a dutch ship?

I know the reason will be commerical, but it just feels wrong. 

[HOO]
Players
1,901 posts
3,742 battles
43 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

However we cover four regions (a fact many here seem to forget ;)) and while there may be a lot of Dutch players waiting for a Dutch ship, do you know how many Chinese, Korean, Indonesian... players are there awaiting their nation's ships?

I fully understand this, however you are introducing ships from the 1960's, twenty years after most of the existing lines have been stopped.

The game primarily covers the 1900 to 1945-50 eras, i.e upto and including WWII. You market the game as World of warships a game about battleships. The battleship era ended with WWII 

I'm sorry but from a historical point of view the Chinese. Indoesian and Koreans did very little in those conflicts Everything came from Europe inc RU, Japan, USA , the commonwealth, and some South American ships. Not including those minor navies that actually provided men that fought and died in those conflicts before introducing their scrap or redundant ships sold on at much later date to post WW2 emerging nations seems like an injustice

However if you are now telling me and the player base by introducing ships from eras up to the 1960's I look forward to the introduction of the RN County class destroyer with missile armament as an RN T10 DD, and a rewording of your online game marketing to say World of Warships - a game about warships.:Smile_playing:

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
15 posts
4,574 battles
13 hours ago, Tuccy said:

12 hours ago, Tuccy said:

The Pan-Asia line had Lo Yang long before the Pan-Asia line will appear in game; maybe this will be the same with the Dutch :P (Thank you for answering :)

9 hours ago, mtm78 said:

Actually considering that, you're probably going to say their player base is bigger :( 

I could also be wrong, but i think avarage wealth of that player base has to be a factor, which is way higher in eg the Netherlands compared to Indonesia. Also dont forget it won't be just Dutch and Swedish people buying ships from their own nation :D

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
15 posts
4,574 battles
10 hours ago, Namolis said:

I believe Sweden at least has enough ships for a full line of DDs.

Same could be said about a Dutch line of DDs and cruisers. Not mine: vNs72i3.jpg

[-RDE-]
Players
19 posts
16,631 battles

I'd be more than happy with a mixed-nation lineup instead of specific runs of fantasy ships. It would be nice to have something with a lot of variety, although it would be good if there were free captain retrains within it perhaps, to offset the variety of skills needed along the line.

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
78 posts
5,346 battles

Is there a possibility for smaller navies to get ships even if a full tree is impossible? Austria-Hungary has some very nice low tier DD's, CL's and BB's, with the Tagetthoff class and the finished but never laid down Ersatz Monarch project fitting in nicely at tiers IV and V, but her own tree could obviously never be completed (even taking into account the 18 inch gunned project ships of late 1917 and 18), and I'm unsure how even a combined "rest-of-EU-fleet" could reach tier X without some powerful imagination involved for the higher tiers.

For example, is it possible to add a ship of the Tagetthoff class to the German tree as a premium? Or some similar arrangement with, god-forbid, Italy as some ships were ceeded to it following the war? 

The same question would apply for other smaller navies as well ofc, but I'm by far the most interested in some A-H ships like the Viribus Unitis, Novara and the Ersatz Monarch.

Players
454 posts
On 8/8/2017 at 7:06 PM, Tuccy said:

Yes but WG/WoWs created PANASIA with two clone ships but ignores historical or unique ships that played a role in WW2!

For example: WG continues to IGNORE Greece's contribution to WW2 and I already made an easy sugestion ussing Galland DD as basis with german guns and long (8km) range british torpedos for Greece's entrance in WW2 that SAVED SOVIET UNION by delaying Barbarossa invasion by 6 months!

This is the Greek Destroyer that WG has the materials to build in no time:

A Galland's modified hull.

4 torpedo tubes with 8 kms range from British cruisers

4 single german 37mm AA guns

4 German guns INSIDE the british turrets!

That way WG creates something historical, honors Soviet Union's message "You saved us", honor Churchil's quote "We used to say that Greeks fight like heros. Now we must say Heros fight like Greeks!

2 months is big enough time to make that honor. HONOR THOSE THAT ALLOWED YOU WITH THEIR SUCRIFISE to defend your selves!

This ship could be a mini campaign reward ship like WG made such before and allow people LEARN some real history!

Players
5 posts
1,592 battles
On 08.08.2017 at 5:34 PM, Donar79 said:

Actually theres a lot of stuff in minor european navys or Commonwealth Nations ...even own designs.

So yeah please:Smile_great: ...just start with the netherlandish stuff.

(or just copy/paste and bring a pan asian line:Smile_facepalm:)

I THINK WE CAN START FROM TURKISH NAVY

Players
7 posts
8,938 battles

But china korea and inodnesia dindt have navies in ww2, also if we with HOW MUCH X HAS WAITED then how much have italian players waited for their tanks and ships? Also very much thanks for bannning me from facebook beacose i simply mentioned you, sorry but its not really a professional way to work. I dont know how a 300 word sentence is considered spam, or its just ebacose i was right? (you know very well who i am)