Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iJoby

Salute to the 40s - Chatham Historic Dockyard

9 comments in this topic

Question

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,975 battles

Will Wargaming and MGT-20 be attending Salute to the 40's at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent on September 16/17 this year 2017?

• Cool 1

8 answers to this question

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,389 battles

Unfortunately it does not look like we will be able to visit Chatham Dockyard this year - closest to that we will be on the International Army Show in the Netherlands (01-03/09).

However if anyone is close enough to visit the Chatham Dockyard, the Salute to 40's is a great event - been there last year and had a blast! Especially visit to HMS Cavalier is rather telling...

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,975 battles

Such a shame, I will post some images of the event in the Off-Topic sub-forum, and hopefully other attendees from WOWS will contribute their special time at this years salute the 40's.

Thanks for the prompt reply @Tuccy

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

I am still waiting on pictures from forumites who attended the 400 year anniversary of Battle/Raid off the Medway :(

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,975 battles
53 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I am still waiting on pictures from forumites who attended the 400 year anniversary of Battle/Raid off the Medway :(

Sadly I couldn't attend that, even though it was only a mile from my home, I was in Northumberland at the time.

Medway tourist board are so poor, they have towns and a city that are drenched in historic background that other towns and cities would crave, but, alas hardly anything is promoted well enough, not only for locals but tourists too.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

And there I was just blaming the stiff lipped Brits that they just didn't want to celebrate their loss with us Dutchies :Smile_hiding:

I would have loved some pictures of the tall ships and replica's sailing up the Medway, like with Sail Amsterdam I like that part the most. Especially if they are able to do so under sails. 

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,975 battles
1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

And there I was just blaming the stiff lipped Brits that they just didn't want to celebrate their loss with us Dutchies :Smile_hiding:

I would have loved some pictures of the tall ships and replica's sailing up the Medway, like with Sail Amsterdam I like that part the most. Especially if they are able to do so under sails. 

Just for you @mtm78

EDIT:- Curious to know how you Dutch people celebrated this Victory?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
40 minutes ago, iJoby said:

EDIT:- Curious to know how you Dutch people celebrated this Victory?

Nothing afaik, well not here. We had Dutch ships participating in the reenactment there though ( and Dutch navy was present :Smile_trollface: ). 

[THESO]
Players
51 posts
15,018 battles

Might just see you there if I'm not away working, I keep meaning on going out more and doing sociabubble things, oh and isn't there that American style desserts place in Chatham........