MrConway

Calendar for August

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

30 posts in this topic

4b4cf508-73a4-11e7-8026-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Captains,

August's main event in World of Warships will be gamescom - but there is of course much more in store for you! Based on your feedback we are continuing to post all the details on our portal!

Like the new wallpaper!? You can download it here:

Action Stations!

I expect RN BBs at Gamescom, will be very surprised and disappointed otherwise

Why can it be so hard?

The way RN BBs are worded on the news site implies they may not arrive in August at all and are still being tested.

I imagine WG are having nightmares balancing them as they can't be too weak or too strong plus their release will completely obliterate the MM for weeks or months...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

I expect RN BBs at Gamescom, will be very surprised and disappointed otherwise

Why can it be so hard?

Because WG needs to accomodate paper ships in a line that don't need them, so they can sell the real ships as premiums and get moneyzzz...
Bruhhhhhh....:etc_red_button:

1 person likes this

This reminds me of last year when they dropped the British cruisers. One day's notice. Prior to which all we heard was how hard testing was going.

So the same free French flag as the july mission?

19-22 August: Weekend Special: Operation Dragoon 

Earn your very own Free French Naval Forces flag while enjoying discounts on Premium Allied ships, nation-specific missions, and the chance to train your commander.

Yes, this time slightly more accessible :cap_like:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Tuccy said:

And what about several flags other servers got in the meantime? Like the Haifuri flag or Speak Like the Pirate one? Not even mentioning the dreaded +5% NA flag...

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Tuccy said:

So how much base XP with french ships will it be this time?:fish_book:

Will there be any compensation for those, who already have it ?

Just to pre-empt questions and comparisons: 

While this weekend we have WG anniversary (and a special going with it), there are differences (notable) to other regions. This is because in august we traditionally focus on the gamescom - so if you wonder where the x3 and some other goodies went, you may check again later in the month :fish_book:

Discounts on Commander Skill Resets
60% Off the Credit/Doubloon cost!

Since you cannot reset commander skills for credits... does this mean 60% off Elite Commander XP cost as well?

50 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Just to pre-empt questions and comparisons:

How about finally making the comparisons showing the events be comparable among all four servers?

51 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

there are differences (notable) to other regions

It will look like always i presume? Or maybe worse since you come here and tell us to prepare for (it seems) more time spent with our families :Smile_sceptic:

So... Russian, American and Asian servers are going to have two amazing specials in August (WG Anniversary + Gamescom), and EU gets only the latter? Or did I misunderstand? :cap_popcorn:

21 hours ago, marq said:

So... Russian, American and Asian servers are going to have two amazing specials in August (WG Anniversary + Gamescom), and EU gets only the latter? Or did I misunderstand? :cap_popcorn:

How exactly was this conclusion reached? Given that gamescom does not happen in either of the regions...:cap_tea:

1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

How exactly was this conclusion reached? Given that gamescom does not happen in either of the regions...:cap_tea:

October Revolution event then. Russians had it because Navy Day, we could get it for Gamescom, and i'm sure NA and Asia will have some holidays too.

1 person likes this

On 5.08.2017 at 0:28 PM, Tuccy said:

You are right, other servers don't have gamescom. I actually misunderstood.

However, these are missions on RU server during EU-exclusive gamescom (23.08 - 26.08):

Way of the admiral (21-25.08, it's not even weekend special :cap_wander:)

1. Tier IV-X ships, deal 40 000 dmg; reward: +100% free XP (repeatable mission)

2. Tier VI-X ships, deal 55 000 dmg; reward: +50% commander XP (repeatable mission)

3. Tier VIII-X ships, deal 70 000 dmg; reward: +25% credits (repeatable mission)

4. Tier X ships, deal 100 000 dmg; reward: 5x Zulu (one per day mission)

5. Tier X ships, win 5 battles; reward: 5x Zulu Hotel (one per day mission)

US battleships weekend special (25-28.08):

1. x2 XP for the first win

2. 50% discount on tier III-V US Battleships

3. 30% discount on tier VI-VII US Battleships

4. 15% discount on tier VIII-X US Battleships

5. Play US battleship and be in TOP 5; +50% XP (repeatable mission)

6. Destroy US battleship in battle; +50% commander XP + 100 000 credits (repeatable mission)

Typical week on RU, really good missions tbh. Im curious, what WG EU is going to offer, but at the moment, I'm "35k base XP" skeptical. :cap_old:

2 hours ago, ShortySunderland said:

Where are our weekly missions? Where is our monthly mission? :Smile-angry:

NJvWHFp.png

Inb4 we are told the RN BB missions are "it".

You get 3 containers for stage 1 - one of each cash, signal, consumable containers with standard rewards. And at the end you also get 3 containers. WooHoo container bonanza. /s

Whenever WG hypes something I always assume they are lying and most of the time I'm proven right.

18 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Inb4 we are told the RN BB missions are "it".

You get 3 containers for stage 1 - one of each cash, signal, consumable containers with standard rewards. And at the end you also get 3 containers. WooHoo container bonanza. /s

Whenever WG hypes something I always assume they are lying and most of the time I'm proven right.

I don't really like the reward for doing the RN BB missions, I want the flags, but I don't want to skip a third of the line I actually want to play through it and if there is no incentive like unlocking the next ship why would I play the tiers 3 and 4?

Means I will have to play less just so I don't accidentally complete the missions.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I don't really like the reward for doing the RN BB missions, I want the flags, but I don't want to skip a third of the line I actually want to play through it and if there is no incentive like unlocking the next ship why would I play the tiers 3 and 4?

Means I will have to play less just so I don't accidentally complete the missions.

nobody is forcing you to skip them, you can still play them if you want to, hell, pretend you're gathering xp to the required ammount before you play the next one...

13 minutes ago, Salentine said:

nobody is forcing you to skip them, you can still play them if you want to, hell, pretend you're gathering xp to the required ammount before you play the next one...

But having the target is half the fun, as it is I would just sell them so I can afford upgrades on my tier 8+ ships...

Luckily I am away for week 3 so at least I won't accidentally complete the last mission.

Weekend Special: japanese fleet. 

I was expecting the japanese premium carrier to be back in the premium shop as I missed it when it was out, and it is not. I don't understand why she's not permanently there like the american premium carrier.