You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
H3llcaster

Aircraft carrier improvement suggestions

70 comments in this topic

Hello , I want to suggest for some impovements. We have to make cv's a little bit more comlex so players can have multiple options in the way inflicting dmg. That will improve the rpg experience . Ofcourse restrictions will ballance the gameplay. 

1st .
There is an option in controls , Select next squadron but in the other hand there is no option to select previous squadron.

2nd. 
A carrier is a floating airfield and that means great armory. You have to add more than 2 type of weapons . As example light torpedos , heavy torpedos , ap bombs , incendiary bombs , standar bombs , rockets etc. 
(the choise of weapponary will taking place ingame from inactive buttons ) 

3rd. 
a special consumable to be add. Long range air radar that will be somthing like an rpf for airplanes.

4th.
kamikaze attacks for ijn cv to be available when the team is close to lose.  

5th.
Add to Fighters 3 alter role. 1st Air superiority (heavy ammo ), 2nd reconnaissance ( light ammo , greater speed , 3rd multirole ( rockets for soft targets(dd's) and low hp enemys will added )

6th. 
Evolve map to a tactical level so we can make active planing to avvoid enemy aa bubbles.

• Cool 1

tw53   

I wish they could just have a plane limit but you can choose what type tb,db etc at will, in other words you can choose to have all of one type or not pending how the game is going.

Christ no we need CVs to be LESS complex not more. Why do you think people get to tier 5 and then sack them? Unless you are blessed with the speed and dexterity of a 14 on red bull it can be too much.

• Cool 1

35 minutes ago, peoplescavalry said:

Christ no we need CVs to be LESS complex not more. Why do you think people get to tier 5 and then sack them? Unless you are blessed with the speed and dexterity of a 14 on red bull it can be too much.

Lol what, have you ever played a RTS?

• Cool 3

Lord_WC   

The problem with CVs is that a good player will absolutely mop the floor with bad players than win the match alone.

What CVs need is being more accessible and closing the skill gap meanwhile introducing counters for them for regular ships not that huge RNG fest current AA is.

19 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

The problem with CVs is that a good player will absolutely mop the floor with bad players than win the match alone.

What CVs need is being more accessible and closing the skill gap meanwhile introducing counters for them for regular ships not that huge RNG fest current AA is.

Sorry, but that is a pretty messed up interpretation, you cant stop the bad players from being bad. That is true for all classes. The only reason for the gap being this wide is CVs achieving heights that no other class can reach, in other words, CVs are ridiculously OP.

1 hour ago, peoplescavalry said:

Why do you think people get to tier 5 and then sack them

Becaaause CVs of tier 4 and 5 are utterly boring now that it's just "click on a ship and wait as you don't hit it" ?

Lord_WC   
1 hour ago, avenger121 said:

Sorry, but that is a pretty messed up interpretation, you cant stop the bad players from being bad. That is true for all classes. The only reason for the gap being this wide is CVs achieving heights that no other class can reach, in other words, CVs are ridiculously OP.

If you need (just pulling numbers out of my arse) to be 10% more skilled than the enemy DD/BB/CA to win a match, but only 3% in CVs that's a problem. And currently this is the problem.

The other problem is what I mentioned and you described it as 'ridiculously OP' is that currently there's zero counterplay against a CV. You either have enough AA to be completely untouchable by the CV (rare case) or not. And if not, there's nothing you can do. No amount of skill will compensate for it and it's a horrible game design.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:15 PM, avenger121 said:

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory content 

SBS   
4 hours ago, H3llcaster said:

4th.
kamikaze attacks for ijn cv to be available when the team is close to lose.  

No. Heck no. NEVER EVER!

Seriously, first of all, remember this game is also sold in japan, no idea what the reaction will be, but eventually WG will have to deal with it, and that can either be good or bad for us players. Not a risk I want to take.

Second of all, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! It will screw up the balance way too much. Seriously, do we just want a CV to be able to click on a ship and then that ship dies? or at the least take massive damage. After all, what good is AA going to be if the CV does not care if it's planes die anyway?

And how the hell will you then balance US/RN CV with japanese CV? The balance between IJN and USN is allready screwed enough.

Seriously, what the hell is it with Kamikaze that soo many people just want them in the game?

They were a fucked up strategy, that will add nothing to the game other than break balance.

Also, WG have said TIME AND TIME AGAIN that there will NEVER be any Kamikaze plane attacks.

El2aZeR   
1 hour ago, Lord_WC said:

currently there's zero counterplay against a CV.

Sticking together so a CV cannot attack you isn't counterplay?

1 hour ago, Lord_WC said:

And currently this is the problem.

Imo you cannot really compare the skill levels in CVs and other classes because CV play relies on a different skill set entirely with little overlap. Accurate assessment of the current balancing situation (besides in-class balance as we all know that tech tree wise IJN is superior to USN) is also straight up impossible because of the current BB meta. The most rare ship type after CVs are currently AA cruisers, of course CVs are going to overperform when their dedicated counter is among the most rare ships in a match. It's the same way why IJN DDs were suddenly found to be overpowered (and subsequently nerfed to death) because their primary counter (aka CVs) were suddenly almost entirely gone from the game. It's the same way stealth firing suddenly became such a big issue.

So how about we don't jump to some stupid conclusions and ignore the actual problem at hand again this time? Fix BB overpopulation, make cruisers the most common ship type as they were meant to be, then we can talk about whether CVs are overpowered or not.

As for OP:

No. Just no.

• Cool 3

Lord_WC   
17 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Imo you cannot really compare the skill levels in CVs and other classes because CV play relies on a different skill set entirely with little overlap. Accurate assessment of the current balancing situation (besides in-class balance as we all know that tech tree wise IJN is superior to USN) is also straight up impossible because of the current BB meta. The most rare ship type after CVs are currently AA cruisers, of course CVs are going to overperform when their dedicated counter is among the most rare ships in a match. It's the same way why IJN DDs were suddenly found to be overpowered (and subsequently nerfed to death) because their primary counter (aka CVs) were suddenly almost entirely gone from the game. It's the same way stealth firing suddenly became such a big issue.

So how about we don't jump to some stupid conclusions and ignore the actual problem at hand again this time? Fix BB overpopulation, make cruisers the most common ship type as they were meant to be, then we can talk about whether CVs are overpowered or not.

CVs overperform from day 1. Actually they overperformed way more in the past, but WG is slowly nerfing them.

About the rest - yeah, CVs require so much different skills that everyone that is not an *Edited gets 10-15% higher WR with them than any other ship. I guess it's just a coincidence, they all have that 'very special skill', lol.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

El2aZeR   
3 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

CVs overperform from day 1. Actually they overperformed way more in the past, but WG is slowly nerfing them.

CVs overperformed back in CBT because their counters didn't work. Literally the only way you could deny a strike from a Hakuryu was if the entire team stuck together in close formation. That was obviously stupid and needed nerfing.

Nowadays single AA ships and small groups of capital ships are more than capable of denying air strikes.

• Cool 3

Lord_WC   
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

CVs overperformed back in CBT because their counters didn't work. Literally the only way you could deny a strike from a Hakuryu was if the entire team stuck together in close formation. That was obviously stupid and needed nerfing.

Nowadays single AA ships and small groups of capital ships are more than capable of denying air strikes.

CVs still overperform. If you have 65% WR in normal ships and 77% in CVs that's abnormal. And AA ships? There are usually one per side, you just avoid it and kill everything else. AA will be meaningless until it's totally binary and is a balancing factor like it is now.

El2aZeR   
12 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

And AA ships? There are usually one per side, you just avoid it and kill everything else.

So instead of addressing the real problem (aka BB overpopulation) you'd rather nerf CVs and [edited] balance even further?

Are you working for WG by any chance?

Just now, El2aZeR said:

So instead of addressing the real problem (aka BB overpopulation) you'd rather nerf CVs and [edited] balance even further?

Are you working for WG by any chance?

Because a good CV player with insane WR is only farming BBs. He would never get the idea to attack DDs or cruisers, no no no, he only farms the BBs hanging in the back.

It is just embarassing, but I guess you have to do that if you want to keep your fav class OP.

El2aZeR   
3 minutes ago, avenger121 said:

It is just embarassing, but I guess you have to do that if you want to keep your fav class OP.

You know what is actually embarrassing? Your understanding of the game.

More AA cruisers = more air space denial = less influence for CVs

Is it really that hard to get?

And obviously CVs have to be my favorite class. It's not like I really enjoy playing cruisers or DDs or sth. Nooo, CVs have to be my favorite class.

• Cool 2

1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

You know what is actually embarrassing? Your understanding of the game.

More AA cruisers = more air space denial = less influence for CVs

Is it really that hard to get?

And obviously CVs have to be my favorite class. It's not like I really enjoy playing cruisers or DDs or sth. Nooo, CVs have to be my favorite class.

I guess Khaba was never OP then, it was just the people not playing Zao/Moskva.

El2aZeR   
Just now, avenger121 said:

I guess Khaba was never OP then, it was just the people not playing Zao/Moskva.

Funny how you think cruisers are the counters to DDs. Does wonders for your credibility.

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Funny how you think cruisers are the counters to DDs. Does wonders for your credibility.

Because Khaba is like all the other DDs, right.

El2aZeR   
Just now, avenger121 said:

Because Khaba is like all the other DDs, right.

For CVs, aka a DDs main counter class, Khaba is certainly a good target when caught out alone.

3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

For CVs, aka a DDs main counter class, Khaba is certainly a good target when caught out alone.

But CV apologists told me until now that CVs are the main counter to BBs.

I dont think that CVs should be able to completly counter DDs and BBs, sounds like they need huge nerfs, doesnt it.

El2aZeR   
14 hours ago, avenger121 said:

But CV apologists told me until now that CVs are the main counter to BBs.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

*Edited

I just repeat what the hordes of great players repeat here everyday to justify CV OPness.