You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarthogABZ

Super Containers

44 comments in this topic

[H-A-D]
Players
109 posts
15,860 battles

So...... honest feedback?
One of the clan had been collecting his containers, refusing to open them till after the patch, in what I acn only describe as an hallucinated state of mind in the belief he could & I stress could get any of the vesel rewards or some decent upgrades

34 containers STRAIGHT without a supercontainer
Majority were XP / Credits & Flags
NOT One ship
Type ! & 2 Commo's - really??? Who the hell uses type 1 & 2?????
Spotter aircraft, no ship bourne fighters
PORT SLOTS for additional Captains fer chrissake - Honestly? Is this the best you can do?
As for the removal of the large credit "rewards" - I call BS on your statement "Players asked for it to be removed" - please,,,,, Are these the same players responsible for the current "fun & engaging meta (Camp & smoke & spam HE)
or are they the "special" people responsible for the Radio Location" B.S.

Admit it, the only thing "super" about these in-game "rewards" is that the player can get additional (small amount 150k max) credits, max of 3 x 4 flags of "lessor" importance
The rest is pure marketing BS & Hype over shite rewards offered to the EU server population. Most of the "rewards" seem to be around crap that most players do not "buy" or auto resuplly (Spotter plane consumable etc)

Really trying to stay positive re what the company is"trying" to do...... thus far it is FAIL!

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,672 posts
5,654 battles

Personally I need/want lots of special upgrades and have no idea why people wanted the probability of those reduced - other than those people who have already received more than they can use.

(And yes I know that most of us wish for free premium ships in the super containers).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,630 posts
8,540 battles

So what's the point of this topic?

Someone opened 34 regular containers and...

What does this have to do with super containers?

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
11 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

So what's the point of this topic?

Someone opened 34 regular containers and...

What does this have to do with super containers?

I think he expected new dice throwing

Spoiler

giphy.gif

and yes chance to get SC is really tooo damn low forget how one looks like

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,630 posts
8,540 battles
12 minutes ago, Bat_Vampi said:

I think he expected new dice throwing

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

and yes chance to get SC is really tooo damn low forget how one looks like

At one point at the start of the year I started picking signal crates instead of "Try your luck" to make sure I got some more Papa Papa and other signals. This resulted in me getting like one SC every other month. But I recently switched back to TYL and has since gone back to getting 3+ SCs each month.

In total I've gotten 27 SCs since they were introduced. Picked almost exclusively TYL until sometime in March and switched back to TYL about a month ago.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,053 posts
6,089 battles

Am I missing something obvious here?

So you opened 34 containers and didnt get any super containers. Thats not at all suprising given that the chance of getting a super container is about 2%

You didnt get any ships. This should have been pretty obvious given that you didnt get any super containers, and that even if you did get a super container it doesnt guarantee you get a free ship.

The type 1 and 2 camos. If you didnt want them why did you pick the more camos container? Its not like the contents are a secret, they're semi random, but from a fixed list. Please tell me you're aware you can actually choose which type of container you recieve rather than just letting the game pick for you when the server resets.

The consumables. Again semi random, again from a fixed list. If you didnt want consumbles why did you pick this container? 

Port slots/captain slots. No use for me (got plenty) but lots of f2p people like these since you cant otherwise get these easily for free.

Also what hype? Most people are fully aware that the containers have some flags/camo/small amount of credits with very occassionally something slightly better. Most people arent fussed by this given that yoy can earn a container a day simply by getting 2000xp, which for a large number of people is essentially play one game.

The problem seems to be that you expected it to give you free ships

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,630 posts
8,540 battles
13 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Well you missed the fact that if he already has the containers then he knows if there are any SCs among them or not.

You get SCs when you collect the container, not when you open it.

So the chance of him getting a SC (ships, doubloons etc) at that point is actually 0%.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,566 posts
15,864 battles
1 hour ago, philjd said:

Personally I need/want lots of special upgrades and have no idea why people wanted the probability of those reduced - other than those people who have already received more than they can use.

(And yes I know that most of us wish for free premium ships in the super containers).

Well Im happy with  reduction as i have  20+. Modules from Super crates the chance did seam about 80% of SP came with a module.  

At OP so you have not had a super crate in the last 34 crates MMMM  so you have not had a SP in the last 10 to 15 Days... The SP is not supposed to be common. also what crates has he been taking Try you luck or another one.

God the Entitlement of some in the community is really starting to piss me of. For playing the game we get Free crates that give us some free stuff. There is a small chance we get some really cool stuff.. They don't have to give us anything. 

A free Ship would be nice but of cause it will be a very very very low chance. if it was not it would be a dumb business Practice.

And remeber since XMAS we have had chance to get many  Premium Comoes for Prem and non Prem ships

we have been given the following ships since Xmas

Smith

Graff Spee

Emden (soon i think)

I have a nagging feeling there was more free ships that i have forgotten.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,053 posts
6,089 battles
9 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

we have been given the following ships since Xmas

Smith

Graff Spee

Emden (soon i think)

I have a nagging feeling there was more free ships that i have forgotten.

Premium ships: shinome.

Silver ships: a load from the xmas convo, bismark

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,566 posts
15,864 battles
23 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Premium ships: shinome.

Silver ships: a load from the xmas convo, bismark

LOL I forgot one of my Favourite DDs in the Shinonome Silly me

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,872 battles

Some 50+ crates no supa. Then got 5 mil credits from supa. Still get moneys

[_NB_]
Players
13 posts
6,846 battles

Tried to get a super container, - picked it each time; A.k..a. - Try your luck... Seems... 35 don´t do the trick. ( and I therefore aborted. )

Got 3 all the time they existed 1 contained 10.000.000, other two contained  some kind of radar or such (Value 1-2 milj.) so I guess WHAT a super "something" is... is up to each and one other...
in my case I was really happy for those 10 mil, but WG tells me all others thinks those are bs...  and rather take a flag or two instead... [Which I would call big BS... ]
but who knows... I am only an player.. the do the game, the tell us what´s " real" what we can have and so forth; nothing much to do there...
[ If I could suggest, there could be an choice, to whomever that open the Container; where you could chose between different objects... so the Value for U always was the greatest, since that´s personal. and so forth ]

- I Wish the don´t DeMote these Containers more since the purpose starts to get wasted.  ( a thing I gonna be tonight !  bye ! )

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,346 posts
11,171 battles
5 hours ago, Nechrom said:

At one point at the start of the year I started picking signal crates instead of "Try your luck" to make sure I got some more Papa Papa and other signals. This resulted in me getting like one SC every other month. But I recently switched back to TYL and has since gone back to getting 3+ SCs each month.

In total I've gotten 27 SCs since they were introduced. Picked almost exclusively TYL until sometime in March and switched back to TYL about a month ago.

You have some serious amount of luck then. :Smile_amazed:

Since the introduction of containers I've only gotten 5 SCs (and 3 of them were during the first weeks that they had been introduced). This year I've only gotten 2 SCs so far.

I picked TYL containers from the start, but I changed to signal containers when I didn't get a single SC in ~4 months. Little more than one month ago I got my last SC.

I might try the TYL containers again in the near future, but I don't have high hopes of getting any SC, and I sure as hell won't wait 4 months to switch back to signal containers.

So far I've opened 679 containers; not counting the ~20 Christmas gifts and 55 Bismarck collection containers (assuming these count toward that number), this will probably be about 600 "normal" containers.

That's 1 SC in roughly 120 containers.

Is that much? No idea to be honest.

3 out of 5 SCs I got during the first weeks, so the chance is much lower if I don't count these.

[H-A-D]
Players
109 posts
15,860 battles
19 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I have been on "try your luck" since the 23rd Feb 2017 - & untill this morning ZERO super containers......

[H-A-D]
Players
109 posts
15,860 battles
19 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

Yes you are.....;..

Containers were awarded NOT collected so therefore did not get to the select "type" screen

He sealected the "try your luck" option - look at the video to confirm the origional point of the thread

After 8.3k games, believe me I expect NOTHING from WG........

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,630 posts
8,540 battles
9 minutes ago, WarthogABZ said:

Yes you are.....;..

Containers were awarded NOT collected so therefore did not get to the select "type" screen

He sealected the "try your luck" option - look at the video to confirm the origional point of the thread

After 8.3k games, believe me I expect NOTHING from WG........

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If it's the video by cherry2blost, then he had already collected the crates or the game had collected them for him at the end of each day.

Not a single one of them was a "Try your luck" as far as I could see, indicating that he left it up to the game to collect them at the end of the day as it never picks those crates on its own.

If he didn't collect them manually then there could theoretically have been a SC among them without him knowing, but since the game doesn't pick "Try your luck" then the chance would be pretty low.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,061 posts
23 hours ago, WarthogABZ said:

So...... honest feedback?
(...)

Can't complain. Would probably make people shrink form jealousy if started listing all goodies I got.

But have to admit, half of SC I got since March, had useless upgrades...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

First SC after the patch for my clan m8 = Warspite with 10 point captain.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,259 battles
21 hours ago, Kenliero said:

Some 50+ crates no supa. Then got 5 mil credits from supa. Still get moneys

Did you get the crate before the patch and then open it after the patch ?

Seems likely as the contents of the crate are determined when you receive it - not when you open it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,872 battles
26 minutes ago, McLeod said:

Did you get the crate before the patch and then open it after the patch ?

Seems likely as the contents of the crate are determined when you receive it - not when you open it.

I got it and opened it last week, before thursdays patch

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,744 posts
16,204 battles
4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If it's the video by cherry2blost, then he had already collected the crates or the game had collected them for him at the end of each day.

Not a single one of them was a "Try your luck" as far as I could see, indicating that he left it up to the game to collect them at the end of the day as it never picks those crates on its own.

If he didn't collect them manually then there could theoretically have been a SC among them without him knowing, but since the game doesn't pick "Try your luck" then the chance would be pretty low.

Just an update.... when you roll over your crates at the end of the day, the system runs an auto lottery, I have had supercontainers come through this around 7 since the containers started out....  1 was an early one with 250 flags, one saw a 10 million crdit and 5 have been 'fairly' pointless modules..... considering I have opened 3 crates EVERY day from inception then the numbers are staggering.... seeing as one of our clan mates opened up 3 crates one night to receive 3 premium ships back to back..... there is something clearly broken with the system... either make it fairer or discontinue it...... in the great scheme of things it's not a biggie, as there is no cost involved... however having BOUGHT 50 of the xmas specials after seeing all the posts on day one of multiple ships and goodies.... all I got was flags..... so many in fact that I SOLD over 2000 of the New year 2017 flags as there was not really a use for them.....