You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SteDorff

New quick commands

37 comments in this topic

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

The new quick commands seem to be popular from the start of every battle all kids like to press the new buttons so is it really an improvement? The thing I also noticed is that the Arpeggio voices for the quick commands are not available anymore or am I not using the right setting?

[GEUS]
Players
1,428 posts

When the former quick commands came live. We had the same issue. Players just trying out how it works. In a few weeks it will be back to normal. At least on these commands is some kind of abuse protection.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
5 minutes ago, Blue_Bug said:

When the former quick commands came live. We had the same issue. Players just trying out how it works. In a few weeks it will be back to normal. At least on these commands is some kind of abuse protection.

There is an abuse protection?

I am used to clicking a command more than once in rapid succession just to be sure because up until today there was a cooldown between the same command. That now leads to me "spamming" the same command two or three times right after another (which I sincerely apologize for :Smile_hiding:). But I haven't had any issues until now regarding a spam protection.

Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I dont like the fact that some quick commands changed places. For example: "Thank you" was F4 now F12.

I am so used to the old commands, i keep pressing the "old" F4 buttons.

I like the idea, but i dont like the fact the existing commands were move to other spots.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 6

[BYOB]
Players
3,639 posts
14,666 battles
14 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

I dont like the fact that some quick commands changed places. For example: "Thank you" was F4 now F12.

I like the idea, but i dont like the fact the existing commands were move to other spots.

I've rebound the commands back to where they were. The previous order was better.

[GEUS]
Players
1,428 posts
8 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

There is an abuse protection?

I am used to clicking a command more than once in rapid succession just to be sure because up until today there was a cooldown between the same command. That now leads to me "spamming" the same command two or three times right after another (which I sincerely apologize for :Smile_hiding:). But I haven't had any issues until now regarding a spam protection.

From the patch notes :

"Anti-Spam and the QC Panel

This system allows the avoidance of abusing quick commands in the chat.

If within a five second period a players has given three or more quick commands, those commands will be blocked:

• For 5 seconds if it happens for the first time in one minute
  • For 15 seconds if it happens for the second time in a minute
  • For 30 seconds if it happens more than two times in a minute

Any attempt to give a quick command during the period when it is blocked will result in that player (and only that player) seeing the following system message: "You're using quick commands too often".

I didn't check it on the live server, but it shoud work

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
Players
1,428 posts
3 minutes ago, Babykim said:

I am still missing the FU and FOFF command.

They are merged under shift-F12

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
4 minutes ago, Blue_Bug said:

They are merged under shift-F12

I thought it was ALT-F4?

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,202 posts
15,410 battles

Might have been nice. How do we use quick commands?

[4_0_4]
Players
5,701 posts
11,962 battles

Click "B" and you'll get a wheel in which you can choose you quick commands aswell.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,290 posts
On 20 juli 2017 at 5:22 PM, MaxxyNL said:

Hehe so much this. Damn you muscle memory :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles
On 20/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, SteDorff said:

The new quick commands seem to be popular from the start of every battle all kids like to press the new buttons so is it really an improvement? The thing I also noticed is that the Arpeggio voices for the quick commands are not available anymore or am I not using the right setting?

That is probably because they no longer have the collaboration with ARP and thus have not hired the ARP voice actors when they made the new commands.

Therefore they would only have the old ones, and nothing for the new ones they implemented, like intelligence and air cover.

I highly doubt they will come unless people mod it in, as the collaboration is most likely not going to return.

Just my guess.

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles
7 hours ago, SBS said:

That is probably because they no longer have the collaboration with ARP and thus have not hired the ARP voice actors when they made the new commands.

Therefore they would only have the old ones, and nothing for the new ones they implemented, like intelligence and air cover.

I highly doubt they will come unless people mod it in, as the collaboration is most likely not going to return.

Just my guess.

Yes I was thinking about that too they will have some of the old quick command voicovers lets say Japanese female commanders but not the new added voicover lines. So I switch between Japanese and Chinese because the others are far to serious but it is nothing compared to what we had ARP wise. I figure I can not be the only one who noticed/used them?

Maybe an idea to add female voiceover lines for all nations wouldnt be ARP for Japanese but it could sound similar.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts

Just checked, the folder structure is different and it looks like they removed the extra data from the sound bank. If anyone has got the old banks file it's possible to build a mod.

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles
21 minutes ago, Live85 said:

Just checked, the folder structure is different and it looks like they removed the extra data from the sound bank. If anyone has got the old banks file it's possible to build a mod.

That would be great if at least Nachi for quick commands would return the thing I got used to you hear in this video from 0.41 sec.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts
4 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

That would be great if at least Nachi for quick commands would return the thing I got used to you hear in this video from 0.41 sec.

Yeah, those. It's just a matter of getting the old banks and re-build the folder. Though I think it can be fixed only by overriding another language folder, I'd be surprised if just adding the folders with the correct structure and putting in them the old files worked...

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
On 20.07.2017 г. at 6:22 PM, MaxxyNL said:

same to me hiting F5

forcing players to rebind is not a best practice, was that hard just to keep places of most common used F5 F3 F7 F6

why always players should waste time to keep theyr game as playble as it was

On 21.07.2017 г. at 9:24 AM, Babykim said:

I am still missing the FU and FOFF command.

use F2 im missing "go suicide"

10 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Click "B" and you'll get a wheel in which you can choose you quick commands aswell.

that is so fkd up manage to shoot at teammate which im returning to smoke, good that i didnt set fire on poorbastrd just some AA dead and minor dmg :Smile_trollface:

what really irritates me is that stupid "Wilco" 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles
8 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Maybe an idea to add female voiceover lines for all nations wouldnt be ARP for Japanese but it could sound similar.

Maybe they will. They did add female crews for WoT (can't remember if voices came with them), so it might come here as well.

And before people start whining about it breaking authenticity or emertion, like WoWs had any to begin with. And also, it is allways optional anyway.

But yeh, it might come, but I imagine WG have bigger things on their mind. But more choices of voice over is something that I would welcome, as people have an easier time finding one that is more pleasant for them to listen to.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,589 posts
17 hours ago, SBS said:

Just my guess.

HSF collab is current and they lost voices too, after like two weeks of having them. I think WG are just, as always, implementing things before they're complete.

You can only copyright a specific recording of a performance, so technically a modder cutting lines straight from the animes would be a breach of copyright, but if (I'd like to think when, but eh) WG hire the actresses for another recording session each, that would be fine, as legally such recordings would be WG's own work. Similarly, a modder who records their own impersonations of the characters would also be in the clear.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts
56 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

HSF collab is current and they lost voices too, after like two weeks of having them. I think WG are just, as always, implementing things before they're complete.

You can only copyright a specific recording of a performance, so technically a modder cutting lines straight from the animes would be a breach of copyright, but if (I'd like to think when, but eh) WG hire the actresses for another recording session each, that would be fine, as legally such recordings would be WG's own work. Similarly, a modder who records their own impersonations of the characters would also be in the clear.

I guess that they did that to avoid half baked solutions (lines for only half of the commands). For what we know they probably recorded the voice lines about seven months ago, while the new commands are probably stuff that they started thinking about in the last three months. It's still possible to restore them anyway, it's just a matter of re-building the folder. I think there's already a mod on the NA forum, go and check.

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

Yes I found them too I will try them as well though they have a wide range of similar voices maybe from the same source the ones we knew like ARP are not among them. I also think you can not have them at the same time you select one of the new mods as captains and quick command voice. without using a mod I already had 2 voices during a weekly mission one Ashigara and one Nachi I think Ashigara sneeked on board. Somehow one of the gurls got on board with Steven Seagal too. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/128437-mod0681kancolle-voice-modifications/

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts
3 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Yes I found them too I will try them as well though they have a wide range of similar voices maybe from the same source the ones we knew like ARP are not among them. I also think you can not have them at the same time you select one of the new mods as captains and quick command voice. without using a mod I already had 2 voices during a weekly mission one Ashigara and one Nachi I think Ashigara sneeked on board. Somehow one of the gurls got on board with Steven Seagal too. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/128437-mod0681kancolle-voice-modifications/

As a proof of concept, I tried to replace the French voice with the Nachi one, taking the old lines from files I found on the NA forum. With the first try the ship/base selection (target X ship, protect X base), Wilco, Negative etc. all work correctly like they did in the past. There's some French voices that trigger sometimes, and I'm not sure why given that I replaced the french folder with the English one to start with. I'm now 100% sure that someone will spend the time needed to build an updated ARP mod for the people who want it :)

Edit: nevermind, it's easier than I thought. I found other files on the NA server, and they're already updated with the new file structure. You can make a duplicate of the Nachi voice, and it won't take much time to add the remaining commands by duplicating some of the lines already in the files. It won't be perfect, but hey... better than nothing.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,290 posts
5 hours ago, Bicio said:

I dont like the "wilko" answer :fish_aqua:

Me too. What the hell was wrong with affirmative? :fish_glass:

• Cool 1