Naatibus

OK so i decided to see how is the game after the RDF debacle

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

60 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

This. But cause of Dunning-Kruger many people will never understand.

No one's said it's useless.. so strawman.. Dunning-Kruger.. herpaderp... :cap_book:

12 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I've got RPF on one ship - the Gearing and I don't miss it on Benson, Fletcher, Atlanta, NO, Balti or Des Moines. I don't think I'd perform better with RPF on those. I don't mind when it's used against me either. You almost get 50% info in return when RPF is used against you. It hasn't changed the game much at all.

I still don't see the reason for why RPF was introduced.. just that it was easier implemented if it was already there..

I think they're trying things out to maybe, if it doesn't break the game, prepare the gameplay/meta for possible submarines somewhere down the line. They're grasping to make every new line of ships interesting, but in turn making some old lines redundant. If they could implement another element to the game - one that would draw loads of people to the game, I think they would. Finding subs? RPF :cap_win:

I agree if i see this skill (I play T4-T9) you could use it against the person just contact an second captain and use the skill to flush him out. (playing with an friend it's fun to hunt the dd hunter) RPF is just handy for some situations but game changer absolute not. If you could switch it off an on like AA it would be more dangerous.

20 hours ago, BillydSquid said:

RPF is a perfect example of the asinine logic of, well the stats don't say it has an impact, ignoring the fact that a lot of people are too incompetent to use it properly, therefore it's okay. It's not, basing the balance on the lowest common denominator has created inevitable problems like Bismarck 6km Hydro when the players which are competent enough to use it abuse the hell out of it to the detriment of anyone who doesn't use it, having someone competent use this or encountering this still in a division is a pain. 

I'm running it on the Minotaur and it's still broken, RPF used with Hydro makes you vitally untouchable vs torpedoes. If you're spotted there's a DD inside 8.9km, you can bet he's going to launch torpedoes, and you know exactly what direction they're coming from, turn in and activate hydro and see them coming a mile away. If he shoots, you're going to be well inside the Minotaur's effective range and the 152mm guns will shred any DD inside 8km in seconds.

RPF is only held back by the fact is requires 4 skill points,and a lot of players don't grasp just how much information it gives on top of situational awareness and priority targeting, hydro and just general map awareness. For CLs it's very much the go to skill for countering DDs, torpedoes, smoke (in combination with radar it's nasty) and tracking targets behind terrain, vastly increasing the information available for players to make decisions as generally what you don't know often gets you killed in a CL. 

"If you're spotted there's a DD inside 8.9km, you can bet he's going to launch torpedoes"

Why would a DD be wasting his torps on you? I wouldn't bother being anywhere near you unless it was end game. There a bigger fatter targets than you out there. Not that I play T10 that much these days but even so.  Cruiser players are generally much better and more switched on than BB's, can turn faster, start and stop faster. I would much rather wait for a Juicy easier target than waste a lotto salvo on your asse.

I do agree with your points Re RPF mind you..

17 hours ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Taking a guess you are one of those people who routinely follow the Reddit/Youtuber drama and over-react accordingly...

Taking a guess you are just trying to get somekind of a response from me to derail the thread. 

From the ammount of replies in this there is definitely something with this skill since a lot of people do say in the hands of a competent player the skill offers "unfair" advantage. A somone mentioned ex. in ranked games where you can piing which caps are free/occupied by dds.

1 hour ago, Onsterfelijke said:

I agree if i see this skill (I play T4-T9) you could use it against the person just contact an second captain and use the skill to flush him out. (playing with an friend it's fun to hunt the dd hunter) RPF is just handy for some situations but game changer absolute not. If you could switch it off an on like AA it would be more dangerous.

I seem to remember there was an idea to make it possible to turn off the skill but that would entail you having no map updates on enemy contacts and at the same time your team cannot see what you spot. IMO that would have been a good solution since you could have a choice to not be spotted by the allseeingeye but at a price.

7 hours ago, Naatibus said:

From the ammount of replies in this there is definitely something with this skill since a lot of people do say in the hands of a competent player the skill offers "unfair" advantage. A somone mentioned ex. in ranked games where you can piing which caps are free/occupied by dds.

Then by all means, uninstall the game yet again. 

NOTHING introduced into the game has been game breaking.  Not Radio Location, Not IFHE, Not stealth fire nerfs....NOTHING has broken the game.

But hey...keep reading Reddit and listening to the b.s on Youtube rather than play for yourself

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, SFCGunny313 said:

NOTHING introduced into the game has been game breaking.  Not Radio Location, Not IFHE, Not stealth fire nerfs....NOTHING has broken the game.

But hey...keep reading Reddit and listening to the b.s on Youtube rather than play for yourself

I'll like your previous post out of respect but I disagree with you almost entirely on this and go as far as to say you are only right in terms of it didn't 'break' the game entirely, but what it did do is degrade competitive gameplay so much in modes like ranked battles, etc. that stealth is not often possible and flanking tactics no longer viable. They've forced players into head on scenarios trying to shorten the length of the games to make them more engaging perhaps, but all they've done is make it as engaging as they claim detonations make the game to be.

There is no justification for Radio location being introduced into the game.....this is purely a WG driven agenda IMHO. It does not enhance gameplay, it makes it less tactical and less strategic and more arcade-like to suit the masses of proverbial window-lickers sailing their BB's and who are continuously being owned by even marginally skilled players. I have personally killed massive amounts of ships using RDF, and hunting dd's in a cruiser with RDF is now childsplay. In ranked battles I'm located most often if trying to stealthily approach the off-cap so the enemy immediately knows where I am. If in my fubuki, imagine trying to outrun an anshan who has RDF, as has recently quite often happened to me.

Does anyone even have an actual reason on why WG intro'd this failed skill into the game? I mean a proper common-sensical explanation? Because I do not remember there being an outcry from the playerbase anywhere asking for it to be added. I suspect this is another case of our 'parent' telling us what's good for us but not actually knowing if what they are telling us is true or not because they've not really experienced it for themselves in the same sense we do.

We have the experience of playing their game a lot, and judging from their decisions it seems they do not play as much as we had hoped or as we all know, do not really take the opinions of the forum-base as seriously because we represent a minority?

3 people like this

My take on that 'skill'

short? I HATE IT..

slightly longer? hate it so much i don't even use it myself. I find it one of those disgusting things in the game. same goes for radar. one of the reasons i'm barely playing the Belfast. You don't even need it and it only encourages the brain dead play style you see so much of.

sorry, shouldn't come here while being pissed of by the 2 battles i just played (be the last for today for me), but that's because of that RNG which is derailing this tread, so please ignore that. Doesn't change how i feel about the RPF though.

First, equating ranked battles with competitive gameplay is a farce.  Ranked battles are a special kind of toxic.

Currently, all competitive battles are hosted by individual clans and played in training rooms, because after over a year since open release, Wargaming still can't properly implement clans and competitive play into the game.

Second, don't over-estimate our input on the forums.  We represent a tiny fraction of the overall player base, and more specifically, the EU server is not, never has been, and never will be the prime consideration for any changes to ships, maps or game mechanics - Wargaming will always cater to the RU population.

Third, let's examine the skill in a competent player argument.  Look at the average player XP and damage totals (which are used to determine WTR or personal rating, or whatever metric you want to use).

The average player is horrible.  ANY skill which boosts performance will drastically further boost performance for a competent player. 

One of the discussions brought up early in the Radio Location development was complaints from the player base about late game mechanics, where an enemy ship could not be located. 

Again, I don't believe RL is game breaking at all.  It can be very useful, or mildly useful, all depending on the team composition, locations and map.  It is a tool...nothing more, nothing less.

3 hours ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Correct, nothing has broke the game individually, yet the game has become so frustrating and at the same time so boring that I contemplate skipping the Dunkirk campaign.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:05 AM, Ze_Reckless said:

I hate rpf, but I have skilled it now on my Shima. After just one game with it I'm thinking about a respec of all my DDs. This is so broken you have to use it. No more excitement and mind games, just go where it shows and kill.

Sure, right now not many have it. But with time everyone will gain more experience on their captains.

That is right.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, Tungstonid said:

RDF is basically non-existent.

That is also right.

What is the reason? I guess people see WoWs as an action game, not as an tactical game (Random players don't play very tactically). How they are thinking? Maybe: "More fire range? Good. Faster reload? Good. Knowing where the enemy is? I don't need it. I just drive until I see the enemy."