Naatibus

OK so i decided to see how is the game after the RDF debacle

  • You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

60 posts in this topic

Greetings Captains,

 

Old Newb here which stopped playing after the RDF got implemented in the game and have not been back since, well after a while yesterday i reinstalled the game and did one coop game with a BB so i could decidedly ignore the pointer thingy.

 

I guess the question i am trying to ask i how has the game progressed since then? Which is the current gripe of the players, good things bad things?

 

Maybe some video with review of the changes if anyone has one.

 

Ty

 

And calm seas


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RDF debacle? Whaddayamean? Players will always find something to gripe about. Just read the forums, it's full of it. And yes: guilty as charged.


3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RDF ? The bogeyman the you hardly ever see thankfully. Great game now, very balanced and everything harmonious.


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tiger313 said:

RDF debacle? Whaddayamean? Players will always find something to gripe about. Just read the forums, it's full of it. And yes: guilty as charged.

 

Of course players will gripe what is a debacle for one person is a godsend to another. In my case it was the abovemanetioned rdf/rpf or whaddayouwanna call it. But circumstances have got me interested to see how the game looks these days so hence the post. 

 

As for reading the forums it's cool last time i was here it was CVs are useless and now i see CVs are OP and i kinda do not want to go through all the chaff to find a good answer/review.

 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tiger313 said:

RDF debacle? Whaddayamean? Players will always find something to gripe about. Just read the forums, it's full of it. And yes: guilty as charged.

 lol, there ya go....players stil call out ppl in chat in games, ppl still blame the BB's for everything, there was also a bit nagging about a certain mission that required like ALOT xp wich made ppl go nuts because they needed to play more, ((guilty) but the guns still blast realy loud and there are stil explosions!!!

seriously, i think the game has gotten better in volume, alot new ships, but also some gone/nerfed orso, and if you ignore the crazy ppl ingame in chat youl still have fun with the more serious players. cant help you on a video, but the magic of youtube helps....
 


if you speak german


i hope this helps you a bit.

GreetZ The WishBone


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 9:41 AM, WishBoneD said:

 lol, there ya go....players stil call out ppl in chat in games, ppl still blame the BB's for everything, there was also a bit nagging about a certain mission that required like ALOT xp wich made ppl go nuts because they needed to play more, ((guilty) but the guns still blast realy loud and there are stil explosions!!!

seriously, i think the game has gotten better in volume, alot new ships, but also some gone/nerfed orso, and if you ignore the crazy ppl ingame in chat youl still have fun with the more serious players. cant help you on a video, but the magic of youtube helps....
 


if you speak german


i hope this helps you a bit.

GreetZ The WishBone

Thx for the answer and the link not that my german is so good but we shall translate the *Edited out of it ;) 

 

 

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate rpf, but I have skilled it now on my Shima. After just one game with it I'm thinking about a respec of all my DDs. This is so broken you have to use it. No more excitement and mind games, just go where it shows and kill.

Sure, right now not many have it. But with time everyone will gain more experience on their captains.


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RDF is basically non-existent. You can maybe find it in one out of 100 games and it seems to have no significant influence. Which, btw, was something a lot of people suspected. So much to your "RDF debacle".

 

Else, as Tiger313 mentioned, read the forum a bit. I hasn't really changed over the last months I think.

Although I'd take the "BBs OP" threads with a grain of salt because BBs aren't necessarily OP but are very RNG dependant, very popular and have an unhealthy high population which makes it hard for CAs. Same goes for the "CVs OP" threads. They are not OP, well, maybe besides the high tier ones. It is just the same as with arty in WoT: Some players dislike the whole concept, can't handle them on the battlefield or have no experience with them themselves, therefore they must be OP. For every threads about how OP CVs are you get one about how UP they are.

 


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I hate rpf, but I have skilled it now on my Shima. After just one game with it I'm thinking about a respec of all my DDs. This is so broken you have to use it. No more excitement and mind games, just go where it shows and kill.

Sure, right now not many have it. But with time everyone will gain more experience on their captains.

That was the reasoning that got me to stop playing when the change was introduced since i did not want to use the skill or for someone to negate the work you did to attack from an unexpected direction. Since i found that using german hydro and radar equipped ships was tools enough to spot a DD while still leaving them some breathing room for skillfull play to be effective.

6 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

RDF is basically non-existent. You can maybe find it in one out of 100 games and it seems to have no significant influence. Which, btw, was something a lot of people suspected. So much to your "RDF debacle".

 

Else, as Tiger313 mentioned, read the forum a bit. I hasn't really changed over the last months I think.

Although I'd take the "BBs OP" threads with a grain of salt because BBs aren't necessarily OP but are very RNG dependant, very popular and have an unhealthy high population which makes it hard for CAs. Same goes for the "CVs OP" threads. They are not OP, well, maybe besides the high tier ones. It is just the same as with arty in WoT: Some players dislike the whole concept, can't handle them on the battlefield or have no experience with them themselves, therefore they must be OP. For every threads about how OP CVs are you get one about how UP they are.

 

Well if it is non existent or barely in any matches that does not imply it is not a hugely effective skill if you know how to use it. Maybe the reason is as @Ze_Reckless mentioned a lot of players still do not have a high skill captain?

 

In the end it is as it will always be if there is teamwork it increases your chances to win, especially if you have a forumite or some other unicum players on your team.

Edited by Naatibus
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 9:24 AM, Naatibus said:

Greetings Captains,

 

Old Newb here which stopped playing after the RDF got implemented in the game and have not been back since, well after a while yesterday i reinstalled the game and did one coop game with a BB so i could decidedly ignore the pointer thingy.

 

I guess the question i am trying to ask i how has the game progressed since then? Which is the current gripe of the players, good things bad things?

 

Maybe some video with review of the changes if anyone has one.

 

Ty

 

And calm seas

RDF is meh skill. Costly and very situational. If you left because of it pls don't come back. *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. I can clearly remember the "end of the world is coming" discussions of RPF. More or less "concensus" it is somewhat usefull in the 9/10 tier Japanese and US DD's and even then it's highly situational. The "trick" is you can use it for long and middle long blind torp spreads: leading the torps toward the white ghost icon. A little bit comparable with throwing torps in smoke. And you'll have to rely on him/ her keep lying still.

And in DD endgames it can have some use. So I have it on Shima and will put it on Gearing when I reached lvl 19. (18.3-ish now).

Other ships it might have some use are DD hunting cruisers. But since they have the strongest armor imaginable you don't want to head off chase DD's in the beginning anyway.

In short: meh. In some very specific situations it might come in handy.

The current meta? IMO it's mostly a boring ROFL stomp meta. Either you hack them to pieces or the other way around. That's been going on IIRC around the time you left. Yes there are some nailbiters or epic battles which are exciting to play and in the past ROLF stomp was there too. I have the feeling the balance has changed for the worst. Heck I don't even bother to take premium cons or signals anymore since I won't be needing them anyway.


2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Ferry_25 said:

Lol. I can clearly remember the "end of the world is coming" discussions of RPF. More or less "concensus" it is somewhat usefull in the 9/10 tier Japanese and US DD's and even then it's highly situational. The "trick" is you can use it for long and middle long blind torp spreads: leading the torps toward the white ghost icon. A little bit comparable with throwing torps in smoke. And you'll have to rely on him/ her keep lying still.

And in DD endgames it can have some use. So I have it on Shima and will put it on Gearing when I reached lvl 19. (18.3-ish now).

Other ships it might have some use are DD hunting cruisers. But since they have the strongest armor imaginable you don't want to head off chase DD's in the beginning anyway.

In short: meh. In some very specific situations it might come in handy.

The current meta? IMO it's mostly a boring ROFL stomp meta. Either you hack them to pieces or the other way around. That's been going on IIRC around the time you left. Yes there are some nailbiters or epic battles which are exciting to play and in the past ROLF stomp was there too. I have the feeling the balance has changed for the worst. Heck I don't even bother to take premium cons or signals anymore since I won't be needing them anyway.

o7 you Old Salt, yes it was a real *Edited storm when it was announced :D

 

Hopefully the forumites channel is alive and well with the super secret password so i can join these days for a couple of games.

 

See ya around 

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iirc, there were at least a couple of iterations of the RPF skill in the test server. The first one that I used that pointed exact location of the closest enemy was the "end of all worlds" game breaker. The current version which shows the  grid location of the closest enemy is far less usefull for the average potato so it isn't perceived as something that you need.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You perhaps see 1 person using it every 2-3 games.  Slightly more prevalent at higher tiers, but to be expected since you probably need a lvl 14 captain (at least) to use it.  I have it on a small number of ships that I rarely play (only IJN/USN DDs).

 

It never was the big deal everyone said it was going to be and that was proved to be true within days of the patch release.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ilhilh said:

It never was the big deal everyone the loudest people on the forum said it was going to be and that was proved to be true within days of the patch release.

 

Fixed that for you.


2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, yeah, it's incredibly annoying to fight against when you're in a stealthy DD like Kagero and a Benson is using it to deny you absolutely any chance to cap or torp. But it's "no big deal". Sure. It's not like DD needed another counter.

 

Though BB and cruisers players don't give *Edited about it.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Well, yeah, it's incredibly annoying to fight against when you're in a stealthy DD like Kagero and a Benson is using it to deny you absolutely any chance to cap or torp. But it's "no big deal". Sure. It's not like DD needed another counter.

 

Though BB and cruisers players don't give *Edited about it.


Don't try to change the mind of people who argue against a negative feature with "it's no big deal because it's rare"


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh but I'll use it on my Lo Yang when I'll have the points anyway. Will be fun to hunt and sink hopeless little DDs that can't even smoke to get away since I have a balanced 5.4km hydro on top.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like cruiser and BB play as well. But (granted MAYBE on DD hunter cruisers) I won't waste 4 points on this skill. It's very rare if I let myself being outflanked by a DD. It does happen to me sometimes and I get a fistfull of torps because of that, it's my own fault. Means I haven't paid enough attention to the MM. It's in 99% of the cases so easy to reason out: in a group, still detected: well the only explanation is a DD circling around us in only 1 possible route to stay undetected. So you'll know roughly what his position is and turn your ship accordingly. Towards him in a cruiser, away from him in a BB. It's that simple and not worth 4 points for me.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RPF didn't change absolutely nothing.

 

as always you should have judged by yourself instead of listening to the forum's "intellighenzia" (lol)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Don't try to change the mind of people who argue against a negative feature with "it's no big deal because it's rare"

 

well most people who  say: "dont worry" arent in favor of it staying they (as me) just want to point out that you dont need to quit the game cause the gameply got *Edited.

sadly  WG has decided for it to stay but gladly we still can enjoy the game.

its just not worth making your life harder tying to change it .... (for now)

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I like cruiser and BB play as well. But (granted MAYBE on DD hunter cruisers) I won't waste 4 points on this skill. It's very rare if I let myself being outflanked by a DD. It does happen to me sometimes and I get a fistfull of torps because of that, it's my own fault. Means I haven't paid enough attention to the MM. It's in 99% of the cases so easy to reason out: in a group, still detected: well the only explanation is a DD circling around us in only 1 possible route to stay undetected. So you'll know roughly what his position is and turn your ship accordingly. Towards him in a cruiser, away from him in a BB. It's that simple and not worth 4 points for me.

 

You're missing the point of the skill. It's entirely useless on cruisers and BBs if you have even a little bit of situational awareness.

 

RPF worth is on DD specialized on hunting other DDs. Namely US DDs, german DDs and Lo Yang. And if you have the points to waste on it, it's also worth on pure torpedoboats like Shimakaze. On torpedoboat it's because RPF can tell you if there's a sneaky hunter between you and your target. (Which is valuable information)

On DD hunter it's just a really worth investment : not only you know where you opponent is, but you'll have the guns directly turned on his exact position the second you spot him. 

 

I know an unicum/DD main that basically told me "with Fletcher or Benson with RPF, I'm like a rocket directly guided on enemies DD. It's so easy it's not even fun".

 

See that build for Lo Yang for instance :

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010001000000001119

I have all the important skill for hunting DDs there. RPF is the cherry on top, much more worth than BFT or Vigilance. Vigilance is basically useless since RPF will tell you where the torps are coming from anyway, and BFT is largely offset by AR and the facts you'll have the first salvo advantage since your guns are locked onto the enemy DD the second it's spotted.

The only interesting skill I skip here is actually Torpedo Armament Expertise.

 


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

 

You're missing the point of the skill. It's entirely useless on cruisers and BBs if you have even a little bit of situational awareness.

 

 

This is exactly what I meant to say...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

This is exactly what I meant to say...

And I'm explaining you RPF is not "irrelevant" since it's provides invaluable information for DD (or Minotaur) specialized in hunting other DD. And it's at a point you can just deny any cap to the other. You don't even need CVs permaspotting (which is actually one of the main DD counter).

 

You're telling me why RPF is useless on cruisers/BB, I'm telling you why it's litteraly broken on DD specialized on hunting the other.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.