You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

Damage farmers

44 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
665 posts

This seems to be what bb's seem to be doing sitting back and just farming damage, not helping in defending a cap or  helping out on a flank ready to be over run, just sit there and shoot, all their doing is playing for themselves and not really helping out the team, perhaps a way to get them to do something would be to reduce the xp they get for damage. 

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,894 battles

This is common to all classes, not just BBs. CVs using their fighters to protect their bombers instead of covering the team or spotting. DDs sailing round the edge to spam torps at BBs instead of capping, spotting or smoking friendlies. CA/CLs farming fire damage on BBs instead of shooting DDs in cap.

What you describe is a player issue, changes to XP rewards won't fix idiocy.

• Cool 12

Players
2,236 posts
14,317 battles
33 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

...This seems to be what bb's seem to be doing sitting back and just farming damage...

Sitting back and farming damage is easy mode, and is as far a some BB players wish to go.

Moving up to support the team via tanking damage or using their presence to influence the battle take a lot more experience/skill.  These BB players, and there are many, have significant influence on the team and the outcome of the game.  But this type of game play comes with increased risk.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
1 hour ago, xxNihilanxx said:

changes to XP rewards won't fix idiocy

No it wouldn't, but not everyone playing selfish is in every case also an idiot. So by making sure the selfish people actually play for objectives more with economic incentives to do so is a good concept not a bad one. 

• Cool 1

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

*Edited So damage farming is the smallest problem any normal player can face here.

You just wanted to log in and have 3 decent games after finishing work or before going to bed? *Edited THAT is the real problem.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.
  • Cool 1

Players
36 posts
5,986 battles

Human waste? 

Could it be that those people are attractive enough to have found a partner, got kids, a (demanding) job, a house to maintain, friends to visit, parties to go to, holidays to spend away from computers etc.. etc..

Basically unlike you don't have the 'luxury' to devote their whole life to a game. 

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,894 battles
1 minute ago, RigorMortis76 said:

Human waste? 

Could it be that those people are attractive enough to have found a partner, got kids, a (demanding) job, a house to maintain, friends to visit, parties to go to, holidays to spend away from computers etc.. etc..

Basically unlike you don't have the 'luxury' to devote their whole life to a game. 

Check to all of that and yet I still manage to play the objectives and work for the team. It's a "convenient" myth that they are mutually exclusive. Gotta love the old "No-life gamer" excuse for people having a better grasp of what it takes to win than others.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
331 posts
3,225 battles
3 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

You're playing with the wrong BBs ;)

This comment needs more attention ! 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,894 battles
On 7/14/2017 at 4:40 PM, mtm78 said:

No it wouldn't, but not everyone playing selfish is in every case also an idiot. So by making sure the selfish people actually play for objectives more with economic incentives to do so is a good concept not a bad one. 

I understand what you are saying but I would posit that if one isn't playing for the objectives then one is playing like an *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Even so, it doesn't change the fact that enticing the selfish non *Edited as much as possible to play for the objectives is a good concept not a bad one. Dismissing it because the actual *Edited not suddenly getting working brain cells is like saying you won't impose a speed limit because some people will still drive to fast ( well, for argument's sake it's pretty close no? ).

Edited by Nohe21

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,703 battles

I just quit in disgust. 18 straight losses, 18 games where every ship on my teams were destroyed and only enemy killed were by me. Every game either first or second in team score. started today at rank 8 and now 10. In every game BB all stayed as far back as they could, CA/CL all island hugged and did nothing and DD were spotted and focused to death. I usually play Anshan and after capping nearest cap i go forward and spot enemy and harrass them. In nearly every game when i call out targets, no one shoots, when i request help, none comes. Spent 12 minutes behind enemy in a game earlier and kept enemy spotted the whole time and none of my team could shoot as they were all island hugging and could not get a shot off, i was eventually spotted and hunted down. Another game on ring at start of match i went into B cap and then enemy showed up, they had split with half A and half B. Not one of my team came forward to help they all went into reverse and ran away and were then killed one by one. Far Far Far too many campers and selfish idiots and planks who only want to survive !

Players
36 posts
5,986 battles
9 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Check to all of that and yet I still manage to play the objectives and work for the team. It's a "convenient" myth that they are mutually exclusive. Gotta love the old "No-life gamer" excuse for people having a better grasp of what it takes to win than others.

Calling people human waste.. extremely low class imho.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,894 battles
41 minutes ago, RigorMortis76 said:

Calling people human waste.. extremely low class imho.

That much I agree with. There are better ways to describe the absolutely terrible and completely devoid of any tactical awareness players that infest this game.

My point was that the old "no-life gamer" fallacy is just that. A fallacy. Some people just have inherent talent when it comes to games like this.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
15 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

CA/CLs farming fire damage on BBs instead of shooting DDs in cap.

Which is funny/sad because XP received from damage dealt is based on percent hitpoints, not the raw number. Nuking a DD early game can put you near the top of the scoreboard even if you die in the process.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles
On 7/14/2017 at 6:59 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

I understand what you are saying but I would posit that if one isn't playing for the objectives then one is playing like an *Edited

Depends. When one team plays for objectives and the other doesn't, you get those landslide victories where almost everybody will earn only very little in XP and credits. So if you play to win but win too hard, you'll get substantially less rewards. Which is kinda the issue, too, when we keep in mind that this is essentially a grind game.

Players
1,071 posts
8,200 battles
18 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

You're playing with the wrong BBs ;)

There are no wrong BBs, there are only bad BBs and very bad BBs. :Smile_hiding:

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,264 battles

I have removed my post as it was not edited as not inflammatory but made absolutely no sense at all in the absence of the posts that were removed!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,390 posts
7,746 battles

It usually helps if someone actually spots enemy destroyers. You can't expect BB's to push ahead when in minimap they see "traces" of enemy DD spotted right in front of them... and allied DD just sits in his smoke and is raging for BB....

• Cool 1

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

*Edited

About the thread again a not so good player derailing it and trying to convince the whole world of his own superiority while the rest of players are 'trash'....

Back on topic: Yes there are plenty of BB trying to farm dmg, since I am playing more and more my cruisers there is a simple solution to that, you focus on sinking the DD and CA while staying at a healthy distance from those BB and then you win the game having yourself farmed enough dmg too -> win simply because the red BB stayed camping all game and did not support their DD/CA.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

Players
6 posts
6,751 battles

Funny how the discussion devolved from a gameplay standpoint to who is the most intelligent human being on the forum. I'm not really sure who this Zerstoerer is but as sure as hell his academic accomplishments and "Mensa" membership don't play a part in this discussion or game. *Edited We only care about how good you are at the game and how well do you perform and if you have solutions to the underlying problems that the game faces. You have neither and as for gameplay you are above average to good at best, so don't inflate your ego too much mate, you are small fry.

As for the damage farmers yes, there are BBs that stay behind and farm damage. I do the same at the beginning of the match, but as the minutes pass I get closer and closer. I avoid taking damage at the beginning because I know I will need it later to be able to actually tank some torp hits or shells. The problem is that most of the BBs that stay at 18-20 km range don't even make damage, I watched some games and watched some players doing like 8 k damage every 3 salvos which is low.I grew to use the horizontal line with numbers (crosshair 2 I think) and I calibrate my salvos on that line, I eyeball the amount of deflection I have to give but the numbers help in landing those long range 20-30k damage from 20 km shots from Montana. And it seems that there is still this innate fear of taking damage because of the repairs, which has been changed some patches ago, so there are BBs who prefer to finish the game at 30k damage but with full HP than 120k but dead which a noob move. When the battle is ending and we are winning and I have a fire on my battleship I usually (not everytime) let it burn, give the bloke some damage, I don't need the HP anymore but the poor sod who will lose it can take a bit more xp. I've attached a game in the Montana from yesterday(after the patch) in which I chased the enemy team ( it's a slow chase but it counts) and some pretty good play from the Midway in our team so it is possible to go close-ish and not get nuked if you angle a bit and prioritize targets.

20170714_143344_PASB017-Montana-1945_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

*Edited

Back to the game:

- Stating someone is a (slightly above) average player is not insulting (except if one's ego is overdeveloped and in need of stroking) -> I have no shame saying I am a huge potato playing PVP CV.

- Trying to compare apples with oranges is like trying to compare Thai food with English food and this is exactly what someone is doing in this thread.

Last: Having had the honor of having that person on my team twice -> I can say that person is a damage farmer, not a team player and of course does not answer in chat when told he/she is doing something quite wrong (wrong being taken in this case as something average WOWS players would consider as being utterly dumb and unproductive -> from the standard point of view of average WOWS players which is saying a lot)

Edited by Nohe21

[SSA]
Players
519 posts
16,261 battles
22 hours ago, Zerstoeroer said:

*Edited

*Edited

Now to more productive things, like plotting world domination or cooking dinner.

Back to topic:

How to farm dmg in a bb:

0) Ideally div up with a dd

1) Push up as far as you can without overextending

(ideally with nearby cover to safely disengage)

2) Use guns.

3) If incoming dmg is unsustainable fall back, repair

rinse and repeat

One would think the basic idea is pretty simple ain't it ?

Edited by Nohe21

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

The sad truth of it is that high damage low winrate ships/players proves that in this game a few good people cannot realize their potential because they get dragged down by a swamp *Edited skilless *Edited that make up the majority of the target audience. Been there, seen them.

Edited by Nohe21