KHS01

Ships AA and targeting lights

9 comments in this topic

[R4A]
Players
424 posts
11,693 battles

Hello. Ships AA (against air attacks) are so much. Can not play high tier cvs. Please decrease ships AA damages. I can not use my Essex (T9 CV).

And targeting lights so much. It is very difficult fine targeting to a ship. Please decrease brightness of this lights. 

Thank you and regards.

light.jpg

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,030 battles

Hello. DD AA is too weak (against fighter squads spotting). Cannot play high tier DDs. Please increase DD AA so I can shoot down squadrons and use my torps. I cannot use my Yugumo (T9 DD). :Smile_smile:

I agree with the brightness of the dive bomber circle, though.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
18 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Hello. DD AA is too weak (against fighter squads spotting). Cannot play high tier DDs. Please increase DD AA so I can shoot down squadrons and use my torps. I cannot use my Yugumo (T9 DD). :Smile_smile:

You can actually build for AA though, and/or even play a US DD with defensive fire. Destroyers can rectify their permaspotting situation even if it means a gimpy situational build; carriers don't even have that option when they've got to strike against an enemy team made of 6+ BBs with floatplanes up.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,030 battles
On 15.7.2017 at 7:46 AM, StringWitch said:

You can actually build for AA though, and/or even play a US DD with defensive fire. Destroyers can rectify their permaspotting situation even if it means a gimpy situational build; carriers don't even have that option when they've got to strike against an enemy team made of 6+ BBs with floatplanes up.

Glad you recognize humour when it's right in front of you. :cap_like:

Or maybe put it again in another perspective: There are also situations for other ship types where they cannot play the game as they would like it. Bloody planes are spotting my torps. Bloody radar uncloaks me. Bloody BB alpha damage melts my destroyer in seconds. And most of all: Bloody players using WASD hack to avoid my torps!  This possibilty to move your ship even seems to be standard in ALL vessels. You don't even have to spec for it. Who do they think they are?

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
6 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Glad you recognize humour when it's right in front of you. :cap_like:

Or maybe put it again in another perspective: There are also situations for other ship types where they cannot play the game as they would like it. Bloody planes are spotting my torps. Bloody radar uncloaks me. Bloody BB alpha damage melts my destroyer in seconds. And most of all: Bloody players using WASD hack to avoid my torps!  This possibilty to move your ship even seems to be standard in ALL vessels. You don't even have to spec for it. Who do they think they are?

I think you were being sarky to make a point which you've proceeded to elaborate on, and only barely to be humourous.

You've described a lot of examples for other classes, but any thoughts on what a CVs should do about their own plight?

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,030 battles
On 17.7.2017 at 9:26 PM, StringWitch said:

I think you were being sarky to make a point which you've proceeded to elaborate on, and only barely to be humourous.

You've described a lot of examples for other classes, but any thoughts on what a CVs should do about their own plight?

What should CV players do, if they cannot attack a target? The same thing non-CV players do when they cannot attack a target because the enemy denies it: live with it. That was my whole point from the beginning. A CV is not able to attack just any target at any given point. Period. This is true for DDs, BBs, and cruisers as well. If the enemy's AA is too strong, you have to look for an easier target.

Sorry, good CV players prove almost daily that the game mechanics do not put them at a major disadvantage. They deal massive damage and have a huge impact on the battle, even in high tiers, I don't think the game needs to be changed. I think the other CV players just need to improve their skills.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,286 battles
On 14.07.2017 at 10:09 AM, KHS01 said:

Hello. Ships AA (against air attacks) are so much. Can not play high tier cvs. Please decrease ships AA damages. I can not use my Essex (T9 CV).(...)

Most cruisers AA power is made by AA consumable. Skilled CV will enforce to use it, retreat his planes and sink such ship on cooldown ... From my observations I could do a little to prevent such behaviour of CV. Those planes are too fast.

Players
579 posts
5,014 battles

You can not bait def AA on an AA specced cruiser.

A good player will pop it right before the drop so your planes are in like 2km range of the ship. So they have to turn and fly back through ~5-6 km of def AA.

This will kill 75% to 100% of your planes anyway so they are dead no matter what, Better try the drop while under def AA. Could at least result in 1-3 torp hits.

Bringing new planes = def AA ready again.

Baiting def AA only works:

against bad players (pops it much too early)

Bad AA ships with no AA specc and no AA range

experts that pop def AA against jpn dive bombers ....

No way on earth you will "pull back" your planes against an AA specced cruiser of equal tier without most or all of them dying.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,286 battles
2 hours ago, return33 said:

You can not bait def AA on an AA specced cruiser.

A good player will pop it right before the drop so your planes are in like 2km range of the ship. So they have to turn and fly back through ~5-6 km of def AA.

This will kill 75% to 100% of your planes anyway so they are dead no matter what, Better try the drop while under def AA. Could at least result in 1-3 torp hits.

Bringing new planes = def AA ready again.

I can tell that playing New Orlean or ex. Prinz Eugen with even better AA (all perks and module to AA, but without manual AA) this is not working vs IX/X CV which I see most the time. A few planes sure will drop - mostly while flying away, but in this time I am torped and bombed to death.

Let's assume I have Baltimore then enemy Cv can just send one torpedo squadron to bait me and the rest could wait. Anyway only having DM or Cleve I feel safe. Others are very easy ouplayed by skilled CV drivers. In many cases he will attack you in the middle of the fight, when You are busy and you have a choice look at them or eat some citadel hits/ or torps from DD in meantime. In many such fierce fights it's impossible to track planes, and when I hear my AA I can only pick consumable or not- all blindly. At lower tiers it is of course easier, becouse planes had no such amount of HP and they are much slower.