Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sams_Baneblade

Today's offer: -50% Dunkerque

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles

The ship, the port slot and ten X3 xp missions, for 10,30€.

There is also a 18.30€ bundles with 200 flags and one month of premium time added.

 

I wonder if it is worth it, as it is a very special battleship gameplay-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
1,941 posts
22,485 battles

Yes special indeed - but if you think ahead for French BBs she is useful, even for French cruiser training I have used her, at least for T9/10 though I have used her for all, even if the (cruisers) build is not optimal, T6 is Ok to work on training captains in. MM is not always nice , but it no different for other T6 ships. 

I think Dunk is not so playable when uptiered as the other BBs, but the offer is with 50% reasonable. If you like oddities she is OK, all guns in the bow have its advantages. I have my overall Damagerecord in her 197 K helped a lot by some poor enemies as most top scores are (but no AFKs). I play more and better generally in Warspite and Arizona as I dislike ships with unreliable guns, which Dunk have, but her speed and gun config have its advantages. 

It depends on what you like. Her armour is not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,316 battles

Yeah, I was afraid this would happen. The discount I want, but can't pay with doubloons (I was going to add some to my existing balance and buy it ingame). Makes it even worse that this is happening during the French weekend event when Dunk would normally get a doubloon discount. So, no money from me, WG. I'll also buy fewer doubloons in future, for obvious reasons. Either let us spend doubloons in the website or have the same discounts ingame as on the website. This just devalues doubloons and limits the customer's options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles
7 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Yeah, I was afraid this would happen. The discount I want, but can't pay with doubloons (I was going to add some to my existing balance and buy it ingame). Makes it even worse that this is happening during the French weekend event when Dunk would normally get a doubloon discount. So, no money from me, WG. I'll also buy fewer doubloons in future, for obvious reasons. Either let us spend doubloons in the website or have the same discounts ingame as on the website. This just devalues doubloons and limits the customer's options.

 

It's a smart move to get people to shell out more money. That's why I never understood why people horde up on doubloons in game unless they know a convert event is around the horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
8 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Yeah, I was afraid this would happen. The discount I want, but can't pay with doubloons (I was going to add some to my existing balance and buy it ingame). Makes it even worse that this is happening during the French weekend event when Dunk would normally get a doubloon discount. So, no money from me, WG. I'll also buy fewer doubloons in future, for obvious reasons. Either let us spend doubloons in the website or have the same discounts ingame as on the website. This just devalues doubloons and limits the customer's options.

Im afraid you may find you are  Quite Alone with this opinion here.

Just about every one else has been exploting the fact that these sales being in shop and not in game meaning they can get half price Doubloons.. if they buy a ship they already have in game

 

The VAST majority of the forum community is ecstatic about the way WG have done this sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
3 minutes ago, P2Win said:

 

It's a smart move to get people to shell out more money. That's why I never understood why people horde up on doubloons in game unless they know a convert event is around the horizon.

Because there are often sales in Game for Prem ships. and also Personal Offers only happen in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,316 battles
24 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Im afraid you may find you are  Quite Alone with this opinion here.

Just about every one else has been exploting the fact that these sales being in shop and not in game meaning they can get half price Doubloons.. if they buy a ship they already have in game

 

That's not mutually exclusive with what I'm asking though. You can have both ingame and online store discounts at the same time. That's what I'm saying, give people options or some like me will be unable or unwilling to spend. And if it's a question of incentivizing people to spend on the online store, they can throw in some extras like signals or camos or what have you. I wouldn't complain if I missed out on those, as long as I got the ship at the same price ingame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
26 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

 

That's not mutually exclusive with what I'm asking though. You can have both ingame and online store discounts at the same time. That's what I'm saying, give people options or some like me will be unable or unwilling to spend. And if it's a question of incentivizing people to spend on the online store, they can throw in some extras like signals or camos or what have you. I wouldn't complain if I missed out on those, as long as I got the ship at the same price ingame.

They normally do reflect shop sales in game as well. Infact i cant think of any time apart from this summer sale that this has not happand. (as long as the ship has been avalable in game)

The hole theme of this campaign is a SHOP summer sale.

Normally if the ship on offer in the shop is on sale the same sale for the basic ship is reflected in game.

 

And in this case if the sale had been reflected in game all those that like me bought prem ships we had to get the Half price Doubloon would have only got half the Doubloons.

I am more than happy with the way they did this sale. As because of it and a personal offer I got 6 months prem for 37% of the price i normally would pay. The way this sale has worked has also enabled some players to again exploit the loop hole to get  tier 8 ships like aAtago at 50% price instead of the 30% offered in the shop.

 

Dont get me wrong I understand you Sentiment.. I am just pointing out that many more people are made happier by the way they have done the sale than if they had reflected the sale in game as well

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

HI all,

 

This is another offer one can't simply refuse... :Smile_Default:

 

If you like the ship you can keep her for 10 Euros - if you don't like the ship you can sell it for 5.200 Doubloons worth 20 Euros... :Smile_great:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

P.S.

Erroneous entry strikethroughed ( all other buys I did in "Summer Sale" was for "Premium" ships that I already owned - hence my mistake)!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

Yes I also realy like the summer sale as far as I know the first time you can can have 50% on multiple items as a reward for those who bought premium ships in the past if you play it smart. In game doubloons still lets you buy some of the premiums and is always usefull for premium camo, premium time, free up EXP for line ships etc.

There is also a Dunkirk happening from the 20 July 30 aug wonder if you need a Dunkirk grind a Dunkirk or it just has a Dunkirk in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,648 posts
12,101 battles

It's not my type of ship... Guns are too inaccurate for my taste (1.7 sigma with weird dispersion pattern), penetration is quite trollish (I call her the "queen of overpens"), armor is non-existent, and her AA and secondaries are nothing to write home about either. But her maneuverability feels very comfortable, I give her that. Very responsive rudder.

There are people who do well with her but I am not one of them :) I value gun accuracy too much.

 

I considered buying her to get the 5200 doubloons but I would not do the x2 XP missions that come with the package so it would be a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles
2 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

HI all,

 

This is another offer one can't simply refuse... :Smile_Default:

 

If you like the ship you can keep her for 10 Euros - if you don't like the ship you can sell it for 5.200 Doubloons worth 20 Euros... :Smile_great:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

No, you can't sell it for 5200 doubloons. If you sell it you only get credits.

 

The real thing is, if you already have it, you get the full price in doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

Hi all,

 

58 minutes ago, P2Win said:

 

It's a smart move to get people to shell out more money. That's why I never understood why people horde up on doubloons in game unless they know a convert event is around the horizon.

 

The doubloons in game are always useful (especially with 50% OFF discount)! :Smile_Default:

 

One can convert the "FreeXP" when there is 1:35 exchange rate, buy "Premium" ships for doubloons (especially when there is additional 15% OFF discount for further savings) and all other useful stuff ("Premium" time etc.)...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

Hi all,

 

3 minutes ago, JapLance said:

 

No, you can't sell it for 5200 doubloons. If you sell it you only get credits.

 

The real thing is, if you already have it, you get the full price in doubloons.

 

Ahh... you are correct... I stand corrected... all other buys I did in "Summer Sale" was for "Premium" ships that I already owned - hence my mistake... thanks for info...

 

 

BTW, I meant keeping my new "Dunkerque"! :Smile_Default:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
30 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

Yes I also realy like the summer sale as far as I know the first time you can can have 50% on multiple items as a reward for those who bought premium ships in the past if you play it smart. In game doubloons still lets you buy some of the premiums and is always usefull for premium camo, premium time, free up EXP for line ships etc.

There is also a Dunkirk happening from the 20 July 30 aug wonder if you need a Dunkirk grind a Dunkirk or it just has a Dunkirk in it.

No you Don't need her

 

Dunkerque mission is DD only and looks as if you will be supplied with the ships you can play. Tier 5 RN AND French Navy DDs. You will get a 10 point RN commander With some Special skills (KIND of like Steven Segal) and  a new Prem Camo for Dunkerque if you have her in port on completion of the mission and i would guess there are other goodies as you complete  the stages. There is a rummer that if you buy the HMS Gallant. You may be able to take her in to the mission. But as she has even Less AA than the Anthony or Cyclone I don't think it would be a good idea.

 

Mission starts next Thursday. Lets hope we get Gallant then (before would be better)

 

AS others have said Dunkerque has a different play stile to other BBs. But I like her, she is fun. and she works well with French navy CA/CL commanders in so she is a Good Tech tree commander trainer. I think at 10 Euro if you play French Ships She is a MUST BUY.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,316 battles
38 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

And in this case if the sale had been reflected in game all those that like me bought prem ships we had to get the Half price Doubloon would have only got half the Doubloons.

 

Really? That's just silly. Unless it's hardcoded or something, there's no good reason not to allow people to do the doubloon conversion thing even if the ship has the same discount ingame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
2 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

 

Really? That's just silly. Unless it's hardcoded or something, there's no good reason not to allow people to do the doubloon conversion thing even if the ship has the same discount ingame.

Its how it works.. This is why you NEVER sell a Techtree ship when that ship is on discount in game. You get less for it. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEROZ]
Players
45 posts
5,975 battles

so back to the dunkerque. I don't really hear anyone say good things about it. are the guns THAT inaccurate, is the armour THAT bad? convince me to buy it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
13 minutes ago, caferaca said:

so back to the dunkerque. I don't really hear anyone say good things about it. are the guns THAT inaccurate, is the armour THAT bad? convince me to buy it :)

As you dont play french ships its probably correct choice,

But if you intend to she is a reasonable commander trainer. And her Gameplay is different from all other BBs so if you like variety she is good for that as well. She is not the best tier 6BB I think Warspite has that crown (Im not bias HONEST) But I find her a lot of fun,, And for 10€ .....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,038 posts
1 hour ago, caferaca said:

so back to the dunkerque. I don't really hear anyone say good things about it. are the guns THAT inaccurate, is the armour THAT bad? convince me to buy it :)

I've had her since November (friend of mine gave it for my birthday <3 ) and I like her. Yes, the guns can be troll especially at bow on targets, but you'll delete broadside Fuso's :Smile_trollface: 

The AA and secondaries are very very bad, but the all guns forward lay-out gives you many options. Together with her speed you're capable of tactical retreat and repositioning. The ship cannot handle being focussed, however, if you stay on second line support and the enemy let's you live you can get great results.

It's not an easy ship to play and it's not the best brawler, but I've enjoyed mine greatly. For 50% off I can recommend getting it :Smile_honoring:

 

Oh and btw, watch the Yuro vid, it gives a fairly good impression. I would recommend a survival build coupled with CE and just blast away from second line :cap_rambo:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
616 posts
11,523 battles

One thing to note though, that video is pre IFHE, so yes, in theory you can "bow on and reverse", but you will eat pens from HE quite often, not to mention that with the implementation of the overmatch mechanic every BB at your tier and up (except Fuso, New Mex and Arizona) will lolpen you from the front. I was so mad when a retreating Gneisenau did 20k to me with his back turret..

 

But I still play it though, just for shits and giggles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×