You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kazomir

The Impending BBabypocalypse.

210 comments in this topic

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Hello,  

As many of you know, RN BBs are the next line slated for release.

Freeze and scratch record to the german BB release, the first BBapocalypse.

Times have changed since then with BBs gaining popularity by the day.

This is why I am afraid things will be worse now if something does not get done with BBs. Assuming RN BBs keep their radar, which it appears is WG's desire, we will have BBs running around with Sonar AND Radar IN SPADES. Given the status of RN as the God Navy, their BBs are expected to trump even the germans in numbers. The game Queue will have about a 1000 BBs in it with 4 to 5 cruisers, 3 DDs and a single carrier.

If nothing gets done, I assume every sane (by sane I mean a player who plays the other classes as well) player would need to either learn to play carriers or take a solid break from the game.

Ive been listening for months how WG are trying to decrease BB %s ingame, yet nothing has been done which has had an effect, as most changes introduced actually favor BBs. It is now or never such a change to be implemented, or god save us all.

IN LIGHT OF SOME LESS THAN STELLAR ARGUIN IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO BELOW AND CONSIDER IT BEFORE STARTING TO ARGUE. PLEASE!.

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles
3 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

The sky is falling *yawn*

Do not get me wrong, the game will still work, the servers will not be damaged...probably...

Yet the meta for months to come will be ridden with BB. Even more so than now actually.

[NWP]
Players
729 posts
6,300 battles

I've never seen more than 5 BBs per side in a game, which is fine. 

How many would you doomsayers like? 1 per side? 2?

The occasional return to the arch-whine topic is tiresome. If you don't like it stop playing. Or vote with your wallet. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
2 minutes ago, Blood_Vessel said:

Because it was such a problem when German BBs were released (hint: it wasn't)

...Are you...joking?

Within 6 months, the Bismarck became the most played tier8 BB in the game.
In fact, it was more played than both other tier8s put together. As of recently, it's more played than the entire USN DD branch put together.

During the release, literally all you saw were German BBs, with over 300 in queue for WEEKS.

To this day, they're still the most played, and an average match sees a good 50% of BBs being German.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

The Arch whine topics where about OP torpedoes, unfair HAXOR stealth shooting and those topics. The only reason you see less of it is because WG actually listened to the BB mafia, hence current tier 8 meta. And now they are increasing secondary range on German BB's lel. 

4 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Or vote with your wallet. 

I did, I bought Harekaze, the cheapest one. Normally by now, during summer sale, I would have spend a multitude of what I have now ( and that's an understatement ). 

• Cool 1

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

The occasional return to the arch-whine topic is tiresome. If you don't like it stop playing. Or vote with your wallet. 

Here I thought the arch whine topic was along the lines of Nerf fires/DDs/Flooding/Stealthfire(RIP)/CVs. They are on the decline I guess since all of them actually WERE nerfed either directly or indirectly.

Or, quite ironically, people that dont like 5 DDs per team.

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles

More food for my CV, as long as they dont sit together in big lumps I guess :Smile-_tongue:

But I do agree, the BB question is a problem, don't really have an answer atm for it though :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,660 posts
1,448 battles
10 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

...Are you...joking?

Within 6 months, the Bismarck became the most played tier8 BB in the game.
In fact, it was more played than both other tier8s put together. As of recently, it's more played than the entire USN DD branch put together.

During the release, literally all you saw were German BBs, with over 300 in queue for WEEKS.

To this day, they're still the most played, and an average match sees a good 50% of BBs being German.

How is this a bad thing? 90% of them are clueless exp farms

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
729 posts
6,300 battles
11 minutes ago, Kazomir said:

Here I thought the arch whine topic was along the lines of Nerf fires/DDs/Flooding/Stealthfire(RIP)/CVs. They are on the decline I guess since all of them actually WERE nerfed either directly or indirectly.

Or, quite ironically, people that dont like 5 DDs per team.

Hey, I'm with you. Complaining about mechanics which were there to counter BBs was pathetic and sadly won out.

But we're here now, they're never changing them back, just counting the pennies spent on all those Tirpitzes and doubloon for free xp conversion. For me, whenever I play and see a Tirpitz on the enemy team, I lick my lips. No, they're not all noobs, but the chances of them being a noob is higher than any silver ship.

What's the answer, apart from posting the same topic ten times a day?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Bismarck (thanks @fallenkezef). Of course those who won that still had to do a little bit of a grind, but he's right. If I see one especially in my Mino he's getting my rain of skill first.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
32 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I'd like to see 2-3 usually, and no more than 4 with that happening less often than it currently does, like in the 'old days'. Cruisers were, by design, supposed to be the most played ships, but even introducing as many cruiser lines as they have hasn't changed the fact people prefer battleships since the ones the wehraboos love came out. Wargming should've understood there would be such interest in battleships from the get-go, as with heavy tanks in WoT, and designed the game around that rather than the middleweights being the 'default' class.

One of the biggest balance concerns in my opinion is the inaccuracy of battleships combined with their extreme damage potential per salvo. Making large AP rounds do less on citadel hits but more on regular penetrations (aiming at a 10-20% damage decrease overall), while somewhat reducing the gulf of hitpoint disparity between battleships and cruisers, is my idea of a positive overhaul. I think these kinds of changes are within the bounds of what WG would be willing to do, as with their rebalance of artillery in WoT.

On the other hand, cruisers don't have any 'staying power' mechanic like a carrier's reserve planes, battleship's heal, or destroyer's stealth. It might be better to fill in that hole than nerf AP.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

That is WG's intended MM, 3-4 BB's 2-3 DD's 1-2 CV's rest cruisers, and it is the most fun ( talking about early gameplay before this BB heavy meta came about ). Being able to play aggressive with cruisers without needing to use islands all the time to hide yourself from most or part of the enemy was so much more fun. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
5 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

How is this a bad thing? 90% of them are clueless exp farms

It's a bad thing because XP farm or not, they remain maneuverable, faster than average ships with easy to use guns, powerful secondaries and extremely forgiving armor.
So clueless or not, a German BB charging at you is still extremely dangerous, and more importantly, resilient.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,660 posts
1,448 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

It's a bad thing because XP farm or not, they remain maneuverable, faster than average ships with easy to use guns, powerful secondaries and extremely forgiving armor.
So clueless or not, a German BB charging at you is still extremely dangerous, and more importantly, resilient.

They never charge at you. The vast majority camp as will the majority of the Brit BBs will.

[NWP]
Players
729 posts
6,300 battles
1 minute ago, mtm78 said:

That is WG's intended MM, 3-4 BB's 2-3 DD's 1-2 CV's rest cruisers, and it is the most fun ( talking about early gameplay before this BB heavy meta came about ). Being able to play aggressive with cruisers without needing to use islands all the time to hide yourself from most or part of the enemy was so much more fun. 

See I agree with this. But Currently there are how many BB lines? 3? And what, 6 Cruiser lines?

WG can only try to fill out the tech trees, and have as little impact on the game by balancing new BB lines against those which already exist. I'd support removing hydro from upper German BBs, but that only affects three ships in total.

You'd have to therefore entirely rework 27(?) silver plus a few premiums because some very vocal people don't like the 'meta'. On the other side you have thousands of people who like it just fine, and choose to play BBs - for whatever reason - more than cruisers.

You can look at it this way - if you're a successful CA/DD captain you are the 'elite' and the masterrace compared to the BB hordes (which I know you do already) but you won't change anything and WG won't mess with a winning formula so it's all a waste of energy.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,660 posts
1,448 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Tayto said:

See I agree with this. But Currently there are how many BB lines? 3? And what, 6 Cruiser lines?

WG can only try to fill out the tech trees, and have as little impact on the game by balancing new BB lines against those which already exist. I'd support removing hydro from upper German BBs, but that only affects three ships in total.

You'd have to therefore entirely rework 27(?) silver plus a few premiums because some very vocal people don't like the 'meta'. On the other side you have thousands of people who like it just fine, and choose to play BBs - for whatever reason - more than cruisers.

You can look at it this way - if you're a successful CA/DD captain you are the 'elite' and the masterrace compared to the BB hordes (which I know you do already) but you won't change anything and WG won't mess with a winning formula so it's all a waste of energy.

Basicly it's a minority who think they know better thinking that shouting in the forum will get them what they want.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Well if WG REALLY does not think 50% BBaby population is an issue, I would have left already. But they TOLD US they do find it a problem and they want it to return to the aforementioned class distribution. And they did buff some IJN torps. And they DID give Kagero the 12km torps. And stealth fire removal did NOT kill Senjou, or Blys. The only ship which lost attraction to me in reality is Akizuki due to horrible handling it isn't a fun ship to play if it's always spotted and needs to dodge shells constantly. So actually when WG ensures me the current meta is NOT what they want, I hang around to see how they will fix it.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
10 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Basicly it's a minority who think they know better thinking that shouting in the forum will get them what they want.

It's a minority who may well actually know better because they're the top (or bottom, in which case they may not know better but may have an interesing experience to share from which something can be learned) percentiles of players. Being a minority isn't a meaningful detail in itself. You should instead consider: Why do they think they know better? What are their claims?

Sadly people on both sides of the BB balance argument, and by extension people in general, are bad at actually arguing. I've made some suggestions in this thread, how about you read those and tell me what you think of how those changes would affect the game?

[NWP]
Players
729 posts
6,300 battles

Which is fair comment @mtm78, but most of these topics start off with the assumption that a new line of ships (such as the RN BBs) will explode into long waiting times, or a match full of new ships (based off the KM BBs). That may happen, but it didn't sink the game before. People have been waiting for these lines for a long time, have expected them, and want to play them not because they are immdiately OP or they want to troll the poor CAs, but because they are NEW SHIPS!

The games from RN launch will of course have tons if new RN BBs - maybe even new players - but this is surely to be expected. Personally I think elitists are sore that 'their' game is being played by a load of noobs who don't feel it as much as they do. Noobs who, i might add, pay for servers and ship line development anyway.

• Cool 2

Players
2,743 posts
15,588 battles
1 hour ago, Kazomir said:

As many of you know, RN BBs are the next line slated for release.

Freeze and scratch record to the german BB release, the first BBapocalypse.

ENJOY YOUR APOCALYPSE!

just sail your BBSealcluber of your chioce while the forums are full of whine about BB's:

- Kamikaze/Fujin (or its poor mans  version)

- Nicolai

- Kutuzov

- Kebab

- pretty much any Jap CV

and many more ships that might be on your disposal!

DEFY the whine and have fun!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
729 posts
6,300 battles

@StringWitch you make some excellent suggestions, ones which I'd like to see too. Having said that, you are in the minority of complainers about the meta; for you the sky isn't falling, it only has a damaged Ozone layer which we can work to repair.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

4 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

I've made some suggestions in this thread, how about you read those and tell me what you think of how those changes would affect the game?

Tier 8 CA's could use a heal to start with. Not that it's a new suggestion though. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Which is fair comment @mtm78, but most of these topics start off with the assumption that a new line of ships (such as the RN BBs) will explode into long waiting times, or a match full of new ships (based off the KM BBs). That may happen, but it didn't sink the game before. People have been waiting for these lines for a long time, have expected them, and want to play them not because they are immdiately OP or they want to troll the poor CAs, but because they are NEW SHIPS!

The games from RN launch will of course have tons if new RN BBs - maybe even new players - but this is surely to be expected. Personally I think elitists are sore that 'their' game is being played by a load of noobs who don't feel it as much as they do. Noobs who, i might add, pay for servers and ship line development anyway.

The argument isn't about the influx of players when new content is released, but the decline shortly after ( if I understand correctly ). And the increase in games played is for a large part because of returning players who want to see the new content, see it, and go back to not playing soon after ( or this is claimed, only WG has the actual info needed to make these statements with certainty though and heck if they would actually release those if population numbers don't look positive ). 

Players
671 posts
15 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Worked for the BB players getting the CVs, Shima and stealth fire mechanics nerf'd. Or were they legit, and it's only a minority now?

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,660 posts
1,448 battles
10 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

This is the essential problem. It's an elitist attitude, just because they have a 60%+ w/r they feel they should have a say on how the game is developed.

The vast majority of average and below average players are the ones WG develop and market this game for.

• Cool 1