You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
runawayfast

Anyone else sick of IJN DD getting Nerfed

91 comments in this topic

[-5D2-]
Players
431 posts
7,321 battles

Anyone else sick of IJN DD getting Nerfed  ...... i get to the shimma .... a week later tottaly nerfed and not really worth playing    i love the shiratsuyu ... fancy that nerfed ........ getting really peived off with people who can upgrade there ships properly to dodge torps .,...... there is even mods to make torpedo warnings bigger on screen to you can turn out of the way, even sound packs,,,    stop listerning to Bbabies who drive in straight lines   wg or you really are gonna lose more player base than we have already 

many thanks

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles

If you browse this forum with a certain frequence you would be probably aware that there are a lot of IJN DDs fans, but also DD players in general, which are indeed unhappy of the constant work towards sinking torpedo boats gameplay.

The problem with the line in my opinion is Shimakaze herself: her 15 torps volley is simply too much, so WG cannot make her a user firendlu and appealing ship, otherwise we will be back at game launch situation with constant 3/4-shimakaze-per-team matches and frankly, even I who almost only play DDs, won't find funny to spend the majority of my gametime just dodging torpedo carpets.

That said, Kagero and Yugumo could really benefit from some buffing in direction of Torpedo Boating (just give Yugumo Fletcher torp stats and I would be more than happy) and I agree that Shiratsuyu nerf was uncalled for... a tech tree deserves at least one ship which is fun to play.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
52 minutes ago, runawayfast said:

Anyone else sick of IJN DD getting Nerfed  ...... i get to the shimma .... a week later tottaly nerfed and not really worth playing    i love the shiratsuyu ... fancy that nerfed ........ getting really peived off with people who can upgrade there ships properly to dodge torps .,...... there is even mods to make torpedo warnings bigger on screen to you can turn out of the way, even sound packs,,,    stop listerning to Bbabies who drive in straight lines   wg or you really are gonna lose more player base than we have already 

many thanks

Here we Go again. 

IJN DDs NERFED.. There know Crap.  A 3 second increase in its Consumable Torpedo reload  Lets ALL conveniently forget the fact the Guns on tier 6-10 IJN DDs got a significant BUFF. The simple fact is the Shiratsuyu with 2 sets of launchers should never have got the 5 sec reload in the first place. Fact is she is the top DD in just about EVERY quantifiable matrix( In some by a significant margin) in the game

Almost all the IJN DDs fro 5+ are fine.

Shimakazee May not be the Best DD at teir X but weak She is not.

Also not sure where you get this losing player base

Amount of time players that  hit BATTLE button for 2 months Ending 08/07/2017  15,922,439

Amount of time players that  hit BATTLE button for 2 months Ending 09/07/2016  11,235,828

So there has been an increase of about 41% from 2016 to 2017 over the same time of year So please stop the BULL

source

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

***snip snip***

Fact is she is the top DD in just about EVERY quantifiable matrix( In some by a significant margin) in the game

Honestly, even if she was top of the tree, what's really wrong with it? Something must be at top of the tree anyway, so why not the Shira? Is there some unwritten law that says "Thou won't have a tech tree JAP DD on top position"?

5+ Jap DDs are fine yes, but only in the hands of dedicated skippers. The average player will perform from sloppy to bad in them, while with a Blyska or a Mahan he would probably do much better.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,753 posts
15,987 battles
11 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

A 3 second increase in its Consumable Torpedo reload 

This is not nerf which OP mean... Removing possibility to mount smoke + reload booster is nerf. From next patch you can choose only one of these on Shira. Im also not happy since I bought Shira before two weeks and found it fun to play. So who know crap?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
7 minutes ago, RambaRal said:

Honestly, even if she was top of the tree, what's really wrong with it? Something must be at top of the tree anyway, so why not the Shira? Is there some unwritten law that says "Thou won't have a tech tree JAP DD on top position"?

5+ Jap DDs are fine yes, but only in the hands of dedicated skippers. The average player will perform from sloppy to bad in them, while with a Blyska or a Mahan he would probably do much better.

7 minutes ago, RambaRal said:
  16 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

***snip snip***

Fact is she is the top DD in just about EVERY quantifiable matrix( In some by a significant margin) in the game

Thing is she is performing a LOT better. Same as Kaberosk Hence the Nerf

So she cant have smoke and 16 torps in the water.. I don't really see the issue. (I will have to play test Obviously)

But it seams Reasonable to me,,, UBER strong Torp attack but hard to Hide/Run if detected or Strong Torp attack with the ability to smoke and run if needed.

Main reson Playars Struggle with IJN DD is the think MUST NOT USE GUNS, NEVER SHOOT GUNS, GUNS are BAD. At medium to long range an IJN DD has the upper hand in a gun fight against a US DD. Not so against a RU DD but IJN have much better Torps/Stealth than those Russian ships.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

DDs in general  are constantly nerfed. Don't know what's next, they will maybe put citadels on them or something, BBs oneshot you only 20% of the time and we can't have that now, can we?

• Cool 3

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles

yes, a lot of people are sick of it, but hey, you can't have anything that isn't BB being a good boat in this game.

Players
3,642 posts
7,676 battles
5 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

yes, a lot of people are sick of it, but hey, you can't have anything that isn't BB being a good boat in this game.

*unless it's premium

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
1 minute ago, HoppouChan said:

*unless it's premium

Most of the changes cro_pwr is talking about like removal of invis fire and others effected Prems as well.

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles

What I want is a nerf to all other DD torp spot range. :cap_popcorn:

Shimakaze type 93 mod 3 tops have a speed of 67 knots.

Identical to Z-52 torpedo speed and just 1 knot faster as the Gearing torps. Detection range isn't really that similar though. 

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles
18 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Main reson Playars Struggle with IJN DD is the think MUST NOT USE GUNS, NEVER SHOOT GUNS, GUNS are BAD.

I use guns far too much.

Enemy cruiser at 2k health with me at full health thinking I can do this. One dead DD later...

Enemy farragut at 4.5 km. Not going to get unspotted anytime so shoot it. Get reported for shooting at it while running away (my mistake was in trying to spot enemies for my team while they were hiding in my smoke).

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles
14 minutes ago, HoppouChan said:

*unless it's premium

my bad, tnx for fixing it :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
6 minutes ago, Raziel_Walker said:

What I want is a nerf to all other DD torp spot range. :cap_popcorn:

Shimakaze type 93 mod 3 tops have a speed of 67 knots.

Identical to Z-52 torpedo speed and just 1 knot faster as the Gearing torps. Detection range isn't really that similar though. 

Ok first i will get this straight.. I think Gearing Probably needs a bit of a nerf (in relation to other DDs) She is just a to good ALL Rounder.

Thing is though the Type 93 Mod 3 Torps do a significant Higher amount of Damage. And Shima has 3x5 apposed to 2x5

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles
Just now, T0byJug said:

Ok first i will get this straight.. I think Gearing Probably needs a bit of a nerf (in relation to other DDs) She is just a to good ALL Rounder.

Thing is though the Type 93 Mod 3 Torps do a significant Higher amount of Damage. And Shima has 3x5 apposed to 2x5

If you can't hit anything with them, your total damage will be 3 x 5 x higherdamage x 0 = 0

[5D]
Players
478 posts
20,650 battles

IJN dds are needed too much? Have a look at the khabarovsk, it's almost tradition to nerf it every patch now. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
8 minutes ago, Raziel_Walker said:

I use guns far too much.

Enemy cruiser at 2k health with me at full health thinking I can do this. One dead DD later...

Enemy farragut at 4.5 km. Not going to get unspotted anytime so shoot it. Get reported for shooting at it while running away (my mistake was in trying to spot enemies for my team while they were hiding in my smoke).

And a quick look at your stats show you are quite a bit above average in the IJN DDs. Kind of proves my point.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,753 posts
15,987 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

so you do with Gearing(T10) 55k dmg in avg - like with your T5 BB Koenig and you ask for nerf? Are you joking? What is okay dmg for T10 DD? 20k?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
2 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

If you can't hit anything with them, your total damage will be 3 x 5 x higherdamage x 0 = 0

But in that the USN and German Ships have the same issue. The size of drop you can do with 3x5 apposed to 2x5 give Shima a lot better chance of some hits.

Important Point here. In all my posts on this thread I am responding to the OP comment about constant NERF to IJN DD in relation to OTHER DDs. The changes to game to make BB play more comfortable in relation to DDs Is a hole different subject and not part of this thread (unless we highjack it that is)

[2137]
Weekend Tester
290 posts
5,214 battles
10 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

IJN dds are needed too much? Have a look at the khabarovsk, it's almost tradition to nerf it every patch now. 

When introduced Khaba was an utter garbage, just as the entire Russian DD line. No one played this crap, so WG buffed the high tiers and the Khaba ended up being overpowered. WG is nerfing the Khaba's turning radius/concealment and torps in order to make the other tier X DD more viable and not to remove the Khaba's infamous armour. It's still going to be fine without those 10km torps.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
8 minutes ago, Quetak said:

so you do with Gearing(T10) 55k dmg in avg - like with your T5 BB Koenig and you ask for nerf? Are you joking? What is okay dmg for T10 DD? 20k?

Ow PLEASE READ my Comment... (in relation to other DDs) 

You should not expect a DD to do the same average  Damage as a same tier BB or CV or a lower tier for that matter.

Players
116 posts
5,330 battles
2 minutes ago, Quetak said:

Damage stats of different classes or even ships aren't really comparable. BBs tend do lot of damage even if their impact is low, because they live long and damage stacks up by shooting other BBs. On the other hand, even 55k can be significant in T10 if it comes from killing DD and bursting 40k HP BB down by torpedoes. Besides that, winning needs more than damage.

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

But in that the USN and German Ships have the same issue. The size of drop you can do with 3x5 apposed to 2x5 give Shima a lot better chance of some hits.

Important Point here. In all my posts on this thread I am responding to the OP comment about constant NERF to IJN DD in relation to OTHER DDs. The changes to game to make BB play more comfortable in relation to DDs Is a hole different subject and not part of this thread (unless we highjack it that is)

No they don't and thats the problem. IJN are torpedo boats, and USN DDs have better torps then so called torpedo boats (high tiers).

And I don't want a mindless spam of 60 torps hoping that I will hit something that got disconnected, I want to hit the thing I aimed at, and you can't do that if your torps are spotted 5 km away from your target.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles
10 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

No they don't and thats the problem. IJN are torpedo boats, and USN DDs have better torps then so called torpedo boats (high tiers).

And I don't want a mindless spam of 60 torps hoping that I will hit something that got disconnected, I want to hit the thing I aimed at, and you can't do that if your torps are spotted 5 km away from your target.

Gearing Torp spotted at 1.4km Shima 1.7. Not a huge difference. 

As i see it WG have a problem with balancing the Shima. the Shear POWER of a 15 torp drop make it difficult to balance her. The obviase choice (which would allow WG to buff her other attributes) would be to reduce the Damage the Torps do.. But that would be difficult as one of the most famous things about the Longlance Torpedo was the shear Alpha strike

[POP]
Players
315 posts
7,700 battles
14 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Gearing Torp spotted at 1.4km Shima 1.7. Not a huge difference.

Actually the difference comes from reaction time. That is how long time it takes to spot the torps before they hit you.

Shima torps gives you around 20% more time to try to avoid the incoming torpedos compared to Gearing torpedos.