Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
P2Win

Capping should be worth less points

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

So over the past month in divisions I realize how dumb the system is at rewarding those people who like to run off to the side of the map that nobody is to get a cap...Case and point..There was a desmoines in my div, he got 1 full cap with like 100k damage. I was in hindi, got 250k damage and he gets more exp than me? Mind you there was no cv in mission but they really need to add some incentive for us cruisers to take risk and face off with battleships. Maybe I should have done that instead of burning battleships down...run off to cap and be completely useless to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
891 posts
10,629 battles

"Burning battleships down" , so I guess your 250k are mostly damage to BBs. May I ask what enemies the Des Moines damaged? 100k to destroyers is wort a hell of a lot more XP than 250k to BBs afterall.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Detailed screenshots? Replay?

 

Also, capping should get more XP, as it's the actual game objective ( winning ).

 

Dmg can be farmed, it shouldn't be rewarded so much. 

  • Cool 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,157 battles

Capping should worth more. BBs are running for the red line as soon as the match starts and CAs are glued to islands refusing to move. If someone dares play the objective despite the horrendously idiotic teams he should be rewarded accordingly.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles
Quote

1 single-handedly captured base = 1/3rd of a completely destroyed ship.

 

Obviously someone has to cap if you want to win the game, but from an XP / credit perspective, it's usually not worth it to be that guy. Unless you're in a DD that's reloading its torpedoes, you could deal a lot more than 1/3 of a ship worth of relative damage during the time it takes you to get into the cap followed by sitting there for a minute without being shot at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,962 posts
2,146 battles

Capping is one of the most important tactical tools in the game, since it forces the enemy to react. It has the added bonus to promote dynamic teamplay, which benefits everyone. Giving good xp rewards for capping is therefore entirely proper, as I see it.

Edited by Procrastes
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,801 battles

Like mtm78 already said, capping should give more XP instead of less XP.

Capping is part of the game. Capping prevents the current hiding/running away meta, therefore it should it should be rewarded with more XP.

 

Hiding and sniping at max. range should give less XP.

 

:Smile_popcorn:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

Oh and doing damage is not part of the game? I'll post the replay later when I get home. Capping does not prevent the running/hiding meta. As a matter of fact it's dangerous for any other ship but a DD due to concealment. Look at the countless thread on forum about running even if capping is worth so much nobody does it often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,428 posts
1 hour ago, P2Win said:

Oh and doing damage is not part of the game? I'll post the replay later when I get home. Capping does not prevent the running/hiding meta. As a matter of fact it's dangerous for any other ship but a DD due to concealment. Look at the countless thread on forum about running even if capping is worth so much nobody does it often.

 

So according to you, capping shouldn't be rewarded because only a few do cap. Ain't that an argument to reward it more ?

 

According to you, capping shouldn't be rewarded because its dangerous for any other ship but a DD. Ain't that an argument to reward it more ? where is that High risk, High reward ?

 

ATM capping ain't rewarding. Even for a DD it is an High risk activity. IMHO and experience most DD's are killed while fighting for a cap. In the past the reward for capping has been nerfed hard already, while the time needed to cap has been extended. For individial play it might be more rewarding , not to cap and go after BB's. However for the chance to win , capping is very important. With your idea you want to reward teamplay even less.

 

And yes , its easier to cap for a DD than for another ship. It is the role in game for a DD to cap.  If we look at average XP earned we don't see that DD earns more XP as any other class. So that seems to be balanced.

 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles
1 hour ago, Blue_Bug said:

 

So according to you, capping shouldn't be rewarded because only a few do cap. Ain't that an argument to reward it more ?

 

According to you, capping shouldn't be rewarded because its dangerous for any other ship but a DD. Ain't that an argument to reward it more ? where is that High risk, High reward ?

 

ATM capping ain't rewarding. Even for a DD it is an High risk activity. IMHO and experience most DD's are killed while fighting for a cap. In the past the reward for capping has been nerfed hard already, while the time needed to cap has been extended. For individial play it might be more rewarding , not to cap and go after BB's. However for the chance to win , capping is very important. With your idea you want to reward teamplay even less.

 

And yes , its easier to cap for a DD than for another ship. It is the role in game for a DD to cap.  If we look at average XP earned we don't see that DD earns more XP as any other class. So that seems to be balanced.

 

 

 

 

What is this teamplay you speak of? Plus if it's there job to cap, why make it so rewarding? Kinda like playing a cruiser is to burn down BB. Not as rewarding as capping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
313 posts
7,652 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

 CAs are glued to islands refusing to move.

 

Increasing cap XP doesn't change that thing a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V-I-P]
Players
482 posts
7,628 battles

Capping win games and should be awared of more XP. DM may did 100k to mostrly DDs you may did 250K to mostly BBs. Both nice game but if it is so IMO DM deserve more XP. 

Capping is dangerous 4 every class. Or you never see 2-3 DDs die in 1st 3 min ?? Capping is allmost allways risky, risky stuff deserve lot of XP, we allready have many DDs (often IJN ones) that play to farm damage and ignore caps. If we want them to play the role we have to give them reward.

I won a game once in a Fletcher. since my only goal in every game is win, I did'nt open fire a single time. Capping was enough. I did 4 solo caps 0 DMG. From My point of view I did much more for my team as if I get one cap and then farm damage. But I was on a really low XP income at the end so no! Capping deserve more XP not less.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
4 hours ago, shamelesscreature said:

 

Obviously someone has to cap if you want to win the game, but from an XP / credit perspective, it's usually not worth it to be that guy. Unless you're in a DD that's reloading its torpedoes, you could deal a lot more than 1/3 of a ship worth of relative damage during the time it takes you to get into the cap followed by sitting there for a minute without being shot at. 

 

I rather not have people who play selfish on my team, instead of securing a victory first and foremost. It's easier to deal damage when you've gained map control and are forcing the enemy to make mistakes. Ofc, if you're in a cruiser I don't expect you to go into the open ( maybe RN because they have smoke and good concealment ) but a DD which goes to 'flank' to get side shots on BB blob but forgets it's a domination match and ignores the fact that enemy will get cap advantage, those are as annoying as BB's running to blue line ( or across the map from spawn because 'they always play that side' ). Especially IJN DD's ignoring the fact that every other 'DD' on their team is actually a gunboat with terrible concealment while the enemy has full IJN stealth boats contesting caps... :cap_wander_2:

 

edit: just to reiterate why capping is more important than just the direct XP gain it is awarded with and thus should actually not be rewarded less at all. 

 

Rewarding capping ensures that teams are playing for the same objective ( winning the game ). So if you want more teamplay, you should be rewarding those playing for the objective.

 

37 minutes ago, P2Win said:

What is this teamplay you speak of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,265 posts
6,677 battles
5 hours ago, Ghostychan said:

"Burning battleships down" , so I guess your 250k are mostly damage to BBs. May I ask what enemies the Des Moines damaged? 100k to destroyers is wort a hell of a lot more XP than 250k to BBs afterall.

basicly this. ppl should learn that damage does not mather. its the % damage that mathers. and caps are more important then burning bbs down. if u do not have the cap advantage and ppl still just spamm ships and go for kills u still lose most of the times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Yup unless you do enough damage to actually kill enough ships to offset the cap disadvantage but this is rare as cap points surprisingly enough ramp up quite hard... Maybe it should be even faster just to ensure people actually are forced to contest the cap zone's ( more 'structures' play -> more teamwork -> less 'farming is also good yo' opportunity to argue to their point )?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles
41 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

I won a game once in a Fletcher. since my only goal in every game is win, I did'nt open fire a single time. Capping was enough. I did 4 solo caps 0 DMG. From My point of view I did much more for my team as if I get one cap and then farm damage. But I was on a really low XP income at the end so no! Capping deserve more XP not less.

 

IIRC the rewards from capping actually reduce for subsequent caps, so the first one is a decent amount of XP, but after that the rewards tail off significantly.

 

Shouldn't it be the other way around?  The first cap is valuable but only does so much for the team, the second and third ones go from being useful to being a very substantial component of a teams victory.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,168 posts
2,391 battles
4 hours ago, P2Win said:

Oh and doing damage is not part of the game? I'll post the replay later when I get home. Capping does not prevent the running/hiding meta. As a matter of fact it's dangerous for any other ship but a DD due to concealment. Look at the countless thread on forum about running even if capping is worth so much nobody does it often.

 

We don't play death match games.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles

Not sure if troll or genuine hypocrite considering his go-to response to people arguing about gameplay/meta balance is "git gud".

 

Thread similarity and timing compared to this makes me tend to bad troll ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,428 posts
1 hour ago, P2Win said:

 

What is this teamplay you speak of? Plus if it's there job to cap, why make it so rewarding? Kinda like playing a cruiser is to burn down BB. Not as rewarding as capping.

You are Wrong ! As others already told you , you only get the same reward for caping as doing 1/3 damage to A BB. So burning down a BB gives you much more reward.  However imho the main task of a CA is killing DD. Do 50 K damage to DD's and see your reward. I expect it to be more as 250K  damage to BB's.

 

As the rewards for capping are that low, the only reason to cap is to get the advantage for the team. By capping you reduce your chance to do damage. In fact you can better hope that there is a DD in the cap wich you can kill. However those nasty creatures are hard to kill without enough support, and often it will cost you a large part of your HP.  It is much less risky to avoid the cap and enemy DD's and go for the big fat BB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
17,279 battles

Radar ships can get a lot of XP with little damage done, 3 DDs killed at 50-60 k damage are worth exactly the same as 3 BBs killed at 300 k damage. You should know this by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
934 posts
4,157 battles
3 hours ago, Altsak said:

Increasing cap XP doesn't change that thing a bit.

No, and I'm not even blaming them, if they want to play safe what else could they do? 

If you read my post it is about that those who actually move and do objectives should be rewarded more.

 

The meta changed a lot and with easymode BBs now waltzing out of cover is unhealthy. It makes perfect sense that if the risk of capping increases the rewards increase as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Thinking about what I said, well it is wrong.

 

Dmg can be farmed yes, but not all damage farmed is bad. I'd say that damage done in order to help with the objectives is actually crucial. 

 

What I would like is for dmg which is done in support of the team to actually be awarded more. As this is almost impossible to automate with rules as you'd need to many rules to cover all game situations, I'd propose to boost the XP/credits awarded for damage which is done on targets which are called out by others as priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
671 posts
7 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Thinking about what I said, well it is wrong.

 

Dmg can be farmed yes, but not all damage farmed is bad. I'd say that damage done in order to help with the objectives is actually crucial. 

 

What I would like is for dmg which is done in support of the team to actually be awarded more. As this is almost impossible to automate with rules as you'd need to many rules to cover all game situations, I'd propose to boost the XP/credits awarded for damage which is done on targets which are called out by others as priority. 

 

That's the problem, the game currently doesn't differentiate between a ship forcing an enemy to disengage from a fight and pull back leaving your team with an advantage and a BB sniping from 15+km way and getting a lucky citadel through the bow or a CA spamming HE at a BB while enemy CAs and DDs overrun the caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

And I don't know how to propose a ruleset which would fit every game situation. So, move it to the players. If a target is called out, any damage done to that target for the next 20s is rewarded more.

 

Problem would be everyone would be pinging everyone all the time :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×