You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Krikkio82

Will RN BB Radar be worst thing ever ??

167 comments in this topic

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

I was really upset when RPF was about to come out. I do still hate it but it does'nt broke the game.

I got not many issues when WG get rid of Stealth fire, just pissed by another indirect buff to BBs. It does not broke the game also but BBs are still too powerfull IMO.

Off course I hope that i'm to worried now and it will be not that big of a problem but i'm really afraid of T9-10 RN BB radar. Yes I know we allready have a T9 BB with radar and she is a beast! Way too strong in the right  hands but quite rare also, I hate having Missouri in enemy team but it happens. Having 2 silver ships+Missouri means that in a T10 battle there will be a lot of radar ships in every game. This will be gamechanging, you don't need to read future to understand it.

So I allready told that I do think BBs are too powerfull but what will happen when DDs and CAs will no more count on smoke to survive, cap, deal damage, run away? A CA with radar put himself often in danger to get a radar contact but for a tanky BB is it not even such a risk. Do BB really need Hydro/Radar? Are they not enough strong allready?
RN CAs will be completly inusable, DDs I would say probably also (BB AP full penetration on DD is also an issue IMO). 

Ok World of Battleships but radar is main an anti DD CA feature. Do we need/want this ?? BBs VS BBs only ?

I'm afraid RN BBs will be to me last days in this game.

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

I'm already salty as hell when I encounter a BB with 5km hydro.

It doesn't take a genius to guess what will happen when there will be 10-ish km radar on a BB with super heal as well.

• Cool 7

[HULK]
Players
16 posts
9,247 battles

More radar is not welcome, yet WG don't have any other idea for the RN BB line.

High tier DD player base will drop, and those that remain will try to cap less. 

MM might give 3 radar ships per team, so you can avoid those ships early on.

good luck doing that with 7 radar ships.

Might be time to play mid tier only with DDs

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

I do also allready hate german Hydro BBs, was having allmost no citadel and incredible secondaries not enough ??

Since use an T8 ships equal T10 games most of the times it means T7 is last playable Tier. I like T7 but not all day....

[K_N_M]
Players
294 posts
5,673 battles

It's great, it could finally stop the smoke fests induced by 4+ dds per side every game plus the obligatory Minotaur/Neptune in TX games.

It's only right that there will be more radar in the game after adding an entire cruiser line that has smoke.

• Cool 1

Players
751 posts
3,009 battles

Why are people even getting upset......there not even out yet. We don't even know if they will have radar upoon release. A lot of things could change.

Personally I have no issue with the idea radar itself. However I do have issues with it going through islands ect.

Now should a BB have radar, not sure to be honest I cant say that i'm sold on the idea. Personally I would rather have hydro instead far more useful to be honest.

• Cool 2

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles
6 minutes ago, BruceForce said:

It's great, it could finally stop the smoke fests induced by 4+ dds per side every game plus the obligatory Minotaur/Neptune in TX games.

It's only right that there will be more radar in the game after adding an entire cruiser line that has smoke.

Yeah amazing 24 BBs facing each other! Realistic! Fun! Various!

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

Is this actually meant to be a constructive thead, or just a come together for the DD-lobby to simply start another "mimimi" and "crycry" about nothing? As you already figured out, all those "indirect buffs to OP BBs" in the last time turned out to be by far less impressive than "feared" by the DD-lobby.

In addition, when a BB turned out to be considered as "too effective", it will get "balanced" by BB anyway -> Bismarck.

I mean, wasn´t it for the DD lobby, complaining about sniping BBs? With the arrival of the Bismarck, you finally received a BB participating in the front line, tanking damage. Of course, only appreciated, when in the green team, hated, if in the red team and especially focusing on your DD!

So, while only a few DD-lobbyists recognized Bismarck´s value, the rest went crying in the forums, demanding nerfs. Because, your personal advantage is always more important than the advantage for others, even the green team.

What will happen, if the high tier RN BBs receive radar? Occasionally, you will find 1-2 additional ships with radar per side. Make it +1-2 cruisers with radar, and 2-4 ships will have radar in a team, either green or red. This will either bring the radar BBs (maybe even their allies) to the frontline, so it is of profit for the team, or they will remain camping, and have little effect with their radar.

Once you stop taking everything too personal, always asking "but what negative influence might that change hypothetically have on my prefered ship and/or playstyle?", and start considering possible effects on a greater perspective, you might probably start figuring out advantages aswell.

• Cool 4

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

In addition, when a BB which has a premium counterpart turns out to be considered as "too effective", it will get "balanced" by WG anyway -> Bismarck

ftfy

9 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

I mean, wasn´t it for the DD lobby, complaining about sniping BBs? With the arrival of the Bismarck, you finally received a BB participating in the front line, tanking damage. Of course, only appreciated, when in the green team, hated, if in the red team and especially focusing on your DD!

Yes, cause people take german BBs to bravely go into the front line... Hilarious.

Further: congratulations, you found the one lonely BB that got a small nerf. Alabama, Iowa & Montana (last two are rising considerably in amount recently, coincidence...) & tirpitz got substantials buffs.

Show me the ships that got about equally substantial buffs & I'll not only admit to there being a DD lobby, but even them being the hidden lizard people running the world in secret.

(PS I have more cruiser & bb games than dd games, so I guess I'm not part of the dd maffia)

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

Is WG going to stop implementing/chaning content after the RN BBs? Because if not, I wouldn't take a bet regarding the thread title.

Am fundamentally opposed to BBs getting radar (hydro is already bad enough). If the lines between typical cruiser roles and BB capabilities continue to blur, I prophecize no end to the BB overpopulation ... why should anyone want to play a squishy cruiser if BBs can do all the nifty stuff like hydro, radar and nasty AA?

Also the black magic heal needs nerfing for the BBs. WG can easily drop the heal efficacy by half and it would still be leagues above the rest and even edge out in theoretical max HP on the RN BBs despite their currently significantly lower HP pools.

I won't try to touch upon what I think RN BBs could/should be like (that would be pages worth of writing ...) but I can clearly say what I think would be disastrously bad game design, both for balance and the game meta.

• Cool 11

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Is WG going to stop implementing/chaning content after the RN BBs? Because if not, I wouldn't take a bet regarding the thread title.

AM fundamentally opposed to BBs getting radar (hydro is already bad enough). If the lines between typical cruiser roles and BB capabilities continue to blur, I prophecize no end to the BB overpopulation ... why should any want to play a squishy cruiser if BBs can do all the nifty stuff like hydro, radar and nasty AA?

Also the black magic heal needs nerfing for the BBs. WG can easily drop the heal efficacy by half and it would still be leagues above the rest and even edge out in theoretical max HP on the RN BBs despite their currently significantly lower HP pools.

I won't try to touch upon what I think RN BBs could/should be like (that would be pages worth of writing ...) but I can clearly say what I think would be disastrously bad game design, both for balance and the game meta.

Agreed

Players
383 posts
10,886 battles

While I agree that super heal and radar don't sound smart in terms of balancing to me, I would still like to remind you, that we should probably just wait and see how this whole thing turns out.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

Radar was a bad idea from the beginning, and it only gets worse as time passes. It only made it a viable option to hide completely behind an island and still be able to get ships killed by pressing a button, and as a consequence of DDs not wanting to get as close anymore, the game got campier. And that's just for cruisers. Giving it to battleships means they now have a counter towards the class supposed to counter them, while still not giving them anything to do about it. But hey, at least that can't be as catastrophically stupid as to put radar on a destroyer.

Beta Tester
5 posts
5,170 battles

Not too worried to be honest , i have come across the tier 10 Brit BB around 12 times in DD's.

I have been detected by its radar once , as the top tier Brit BB's have very long range i would estimate around 80% of the time the BB will be too far away to radar anything.

Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

well. BBs are camping miles behind the rest. They have the range to do it.

let the destroyer peasants take the caps and cruiser plebs have to hunt the DDs while drawing the fire away.

i am done with this playstyle. 

royal navy radar on BBs will kill off the rest of the cruiser and destroyer commanders. It will produce a 10 km death zone, only cruisers and DDs have to fear. BBs will not, because they are camping on max range.

BBs are taking over the cruisers jobs - while doing it better ans cruisers get more and more limited in their options.

too many and too powerful BBs? Solution: More powerful and more BBs.

logic ladies and gentlemen.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
808 posts
7,984 battles

This whole crying situation are coming from the chicken crap DD player. We got an insight when they introduce the Missouri, now with a whole new line with radar...more DD tears will shed. All those people crying about radar range...guess what it's your choice to hide behind an island with your smoke and dakakak which is the dumbest crap in this entire game. Now you'll have to take more risks to earn those reward.

To all my BB sailors out there...If you see a smoke...Push into it and radar them lul.

• Cool 1

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

I do this thing called learning how to play. You guys should try it. The new RN BB's with their radars will be nothing more than a new way to make the game more interesting. Good players will take advantage of it and learn to play against it. Potatoes will potate. I do enjoy reading these lol.:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
808 posts
7,984 battles
7 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I do this thing called learning how to play. You guys should try it. The new RN BB's with their radars will be nothing more than a new way to make the game more interesting. Good players will take advantage of it and learn to play against it. Potatoes will potate. I do enjoy reading these lol.:Smile_popcorn:

That's the trend. People adapted to RPF and the will have to be less potatoes with more radar ships introduction. Wonder if this will give RN BB the incentive to push?:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

No, it won't be worst thing ever. It will be rather minor, just the community as usual overreacts and some people have the Pavlov's dog reflex just hearing the magic word "radar".

First and foremost, do remember that you need to be in range of it to works, and it's not the 20km.

• Cool 2

Players
116 posts
5,330 battles
30 minutes ago, Vanhal said:

No, it won't be worst thing ever. It will be rather minor, just the community as usual overreacts and some people have the Pavlov's dog reflex just hearing the magic word "radar".

First and foremost, do remember that you need to be in range of it to works, and it's not the 20km.

Yeah, it's impact is probably going to be as an minor as German BB lines impact :Smile_sceptic:

Radar range is also going to be longer than effective range of launching torpedoes.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

Doesn't matter, it has 29km range so every potato will just hit reverse as soon as the match starts and camp the border of the map, because it's a 'sniping' ship.

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,709 battles

I am mainly a cruiser player. Des moines, Hindenberg and Kutuzov are my favourite ships, i have no problem with radar being on any ship in principle as it just means that more skill is required to play and survive close to enemy. I am though concerned that BB are in the main far too strong against CA at the moment, as we all know at range BB can delete CA in one salvo either through well aimed broadside or the famous RNG. CA has to get sometimes several hundred hits to kill BB. Giving Missouri radar which is a special case premium i have no problem with, it is a buy for ridiculous money or long long grind to get it so is fairly rare but giving tech tree BB radar is i feel a step too far. As a cruiser driver i feel that this is another nail in the coffin of CA. DD are still small fast and somewhat hard to hit with good concealment but CA have NO answer to this, radared by a BB means almost always intant death. It is very definately starting to look to me that CA will die off and the game will become world of BB with occasional DD and CV. Why is anyone gonna want to play CA when you can be deleted so easily and BB can do all CA can but better. 

Thats my thoughts but i dont suppose it will have any effect,,,oh well,,,,onwards and upwards i suppose.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles
7 hours ago, GhostRider_24 said:

Why are people even getting upset......there not even out yet. We don't even know if they will have radar upoon release. A lot of things could change.

Personally I have no issue with the idea radar itself. However I do have issues with it going through islands ect.

Now should a BB have radar, not sure to be honest I cant say that i'm sold on the idea. Personally I would rather have hydro instead far more useful to be honest.

Well, actually is exactly because it's not even out yet and that there's still room for easier decisions (rather than a following nerf that would upset the owners) that people who doesn't like the idea should tell it.

No, it won't be a rather minor impact as there's a large playerbase who wants to play RN BBs (despite the presence of radar, go figure) so there will be much more of them than Missouri.

• Cool 1

[SKIDZ]
Players
801 posts
2 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

well. BBs are camping miles behind the rest. They have the range to do it.

let the destroyer peasants take the caps and cruiser plebs have to hunt the DDs while drawing the fire away.

i am done with this playstyle. 

royal navy radar on BBs will kill off the rest of the cruiser and destroyer commanders. It will produce a 10 km death zone, only cruisers and DDs have to fear. BBs will not, because they are camping on max range.

BBs are taking over the cruisers jobs - while doing it better ans cruisers get more and more limited in their options.

too many and too powerful BBs? Solution: More powerful and more BBs.

logic ladies and gentlemen.

If BBs are camping at max range how will their radar be a threat?

• Cool 1

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles

WG has no idea what to do with this game anymore.
In addition to radar, they are dropping Conquerors detectability to such levels that you can get detectability lower then your radar range if you go for stealth build.
She will be stealthier then half of cruisers in that tiers...

Much balance, such wow.