Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theonlymaverick

No hit registration despite visible hits

4 comments in this topic

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,403 battles

Hi all,

I am getting really fed-up with seeing shells 'not hitting' the enemy even though I have visibly seen them hit the target; now my original thought was it is just a disconnect between the shell animation and the actual ship model at ranges beyond 10km. However in a recent game I saw 4 shells visibly hit a broadside stationary target at 6.9km out, centre mass and seen the so called 'heavy damage' animation occur; only to receive half of the shells registered as 'hits', and next to no damage received by the target. Bearing in mind that this was a Bismarck up against Edinburgh I am at a complete loss to see how this can happen. I am aware that WG uses client side hit registration, but I have a 32ms ping and at that range it shouldn't really matter; I mean maybe someone can explain better, but I have noticed there seems to be couple of forum posts about these 'ghost shells', so I know it isn't just me seeing this issue.

I haven't really seen this occur until a few patches ago, and I understand there was so server issues recently; so I am wondering whether it is down to this rather than a bug.

Oh and please tell me if I have posted this in the wrong place. :cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

I believe that this is normally a small desynchronise / lad issue but I agree it is really annoying when it happens 

I mostly notice it with the shell cam when I follow a beautiful shell arch fly right under the gun turret just to see it pass clean through the ship and slash as a Miss on the other side of the ship. 

Do do I know that's just incorrect display of where the ship or shell actually was but damn it's trolling when it happens such a let down lol 

doesn't happen that often tho 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles
1 hour ago, shockinhockin said:

I believe that this is normally a small desynchronise / lad issue but I agree it is really annoying when it happens 

I mostly notice it with the shell cam when I follow a beautiful shell arch fly right under the gun turret just to see it pass clean through the ship and slash as a Miss on the other side of the ship. 

Do do I know that's just incorrect display of where the ship or shell actually was but damn it's trolling when it happens such a let down lol 

doesn't happen that often tho 

You think THAT is frustrating? Imagine your torps phasing through the enemy...

...or getting hit (in a DD) by a torp you dodged, while we're at it.

Fortunately these things happen only very rarely.

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

Yeah iv been on both sides of the torp one there. Frustrating for you when it happens but iv also survived one or 2 torps in my time that should have hit my stern but passed seeming through it.

it is seemly rather rare tho but I guess that's going to depend on the quality of the connection hat people are using 

Sign in to follow this