You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
redraven

Its getting ridiculous.

25 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
63 posts
4,174 battles

So i started playing ranked this season to really test how good/lucky i am. Everything went fine untill i was 1 win away from R7.
Than the *Edited hit the fan.
Up to that point i played 40-odd (maybe 45 games) and won roughly 40 of them. And than suddenly as if the game noticed my unusually high luck with teams it started to throw *Edited. You can let your imagination run wild because the game is trying really hard to not let me reach that bloody R7. I have seen all HE spamming bbs, the usual "snipers", dds who die in the first 2 minutes, *Edited going against the interest of the team, to the point where i even questioned if certain players have a real offical medical paper that states they are mentally re.. challenged. :cap_book:

Since than i have reached the same "1 win away from R7" several times but this god damn game manages to find the biggest *Edited that can be placed into my team making me fail the attempt no matter how hard i try to carry or even if i have someone else actually trying to win as well we manage to get such a *Edited that makes us lose the game.:Smile_izmena:

I want to know if someone else is also experiencing something similar.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and disrespectful language.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

so you had RNG on your side for 40 games and now you complain when RNG is on other side? you know that all those wins you got was cause those teammates were mostly on other side? some people had 10-20 losing streaks cause of idiots in teams. check forum and you will see 10-20 whine threads about ranked...

• Cool 2

[IRON7]
Players
63 posts
4,174 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

We should make rank 15 the last irrevocable. This way the worthless potatoes will stay in the "bottom" bracket since they will not be able to climb to the "middle" bracket. This entire notion of "irrevocable ranks" is just plain bad. If you are good you will progress, if you are bad you will yo-yo around the rank corresponding to your skill ceiling.

In the last season ships like Belfast or Shiratsuyu were at least capable of carrying teams full of potatoes.

This season there is no such ship, so you better pray to RNGesus you get the better teammates most of the time.

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles
1 hour ago, Tekacko said:

We should make rank 15 the last irrevocable. This way the worthless potatoes will stay in the "bottom" bracket since they will not be able to climb to the "middle" bracket. This entire notion of "irrevocable ranks" is just plain bad. If you are good you will progress, if you are bad you will yo-yo around the rank corresponding to your skill ceiling.

What's plain bad is rewarding players based on experience. It encourages selfish play. As it is, you can play without mistakes and do your job perfectly to carry your team, but if you sit in a DD, you can still end up in the bottom half of the experience list.

1 hour ago, Tekacko said:

In the last season ships like Belfast or Shiratsuyu were at least capable of carrying teams full of potatoes.

And WG absolutely hates a silver ship performing that well, so they hit her with the nerf stick. But Belfast is P2W, so that's okay.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
5,167 battles
18 hours ago, redraven said:

*Edited

With respect.. something of an exaggeration there..equating a real bunch of sicko's with people who are merely incompetent in a computer game...

But I sympathise, players can do the oddest of things.

• Cool 3

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles

*Edited

Good god, did you really just compare people in a computer game, bad players or not, to ISIS murdering women and children? You seriously need to get things in perspective....

• Cool 6

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

*Edited

There some right load of crap written in the forum but this is up there with the worst of them, I am sure parents of children killed in Manchester will sympathise with you getting a border hugging fuso in your team and think themselves really lucky they were only the victims of a prank.:etc_red_button:

• Cool 1

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles

In some games my team goes 7-0 in kills and sometimes it's the other way around.

Over a large number of games there will be just as many people trying to throw the match on the other team as with yours.

Your own skill should be the difference between the statistically 50% WR over time and the 55% WR that will bring you to rank 1.

[GS-K]
Players
23 posts

2 things:

1. I wish I ever had 40 fights with no potatoes on my team.

2. WG should implement 2 types of ranked seasons:

a. 1 for "casual" (or "new") gamers

b. 1 for divisions. Meaning you can team up with your clan and play as a division in ranked. If you lose then you have to ramp up your skills or give up. But at least no RNG "casual" will make sure you stay on rank XY all season.

WG is close to getting me to deinstall the damn game. There is no winning unless your lucky *Edited because you can't carry 6 other team members up to rank 1.

Edited by Nohe21

[SNI]
Players
488 posts
8,166 battles

They are potatoes only when they are on your side.

When they are placed against you, then it's all skill.

• Cool 8

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

few advices for Rank OP. When you see a potato team: just wait for 10 minutes (NOT 20 or a multitude form that) and restart a match. 2 losses in a row? Call it quits for some longer time. 2 losses = 10 losses. When you see you're in a p-team. Still stick to your role and do your utmost best. Who knows? You might carry those people and what have you got to lose? Chances are 50-50-ish the reds will be potatoes as well. When you're feeling frustrated: quit for the moment as well. Whether you win or lose! Frustrated makes you make more mistakes. Focus on this match you're playing. Not to the star you might gain/ lose. There's no point in worrying about that: once in a match it's a point of no return anyway. And the last 1 is very personal: it's working perfectly for me. I don't use signals... Reluctant to take prem cons as well. "WTF Ferry!? How can you say that? Rank is a teamplay and FFS increasing your ship capabilities increases the chance to win for your team!" That's just it: those signals/ premcons are tempting to make me "lazy" instead of razor sharp. I need to be at max RL adrenaline mode to perform the best possible. But again: that's working for me. I use Rank to harvest signals. Not use them...

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles

I got this feeling after several 80k+ dmg losses in Fuso and then to rub salt in the wound, I had a potato game with about 20k dmg and the team carried me through. Just makes it feel like your individual effort doesn't matter. Anyway had a good game with Shinome today and decided to call it quits for ranked until the Warka wears off.

Beta Tester
299 posts

*Edited

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
  • Cool 1

Players
1,513 posts
10,546 battles
19 hours ago, redraven said:

So i started playing ranked this season to really test how good/lucky i am. Everything went fine untill i was 1 win away from R7.
Than the *Edited hit the fan.
Up to that point i played 40-odd (maybe 45 games) and won roughly 40 of them. And than suddenly as if the game noticed my unusually high luck with teams it started to throw *Edited. You can let your imagination run wild because the game is trying really hard to not let me reach that bloody R7. I have seen all HE spamming bbs, the usual "snipers", dds who die in the first 2 minutes, *Edited going against the interest of the team, to the point where i even questioned if certain players have a real offical medical paper that states they are mentally re.. challenged. :cap_book:

Since than i have reached the same "1 win away from R7" several times but this god damn game manages to find the biggest *Edited that can be placed into my team making me fail the attempt no matter how hard i try to carry or even if i have someone else actually trying to win as well we manage to get such a *Edited that makes us lose the game.:Smile_izmena:

Winning 40 out of 45 games? Can I have some of that please?!

Played 70ish games to reach rank 7*. Then another 50 games later I went up to 7*** and ended up at 7* again.

Finally lost the curse and reached rank 4 now in just 10-15 games, but I had to play a different ship and skill the captain.

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

Simply put OP yes .... yes I have experienced this 

for me I was the rank 10 barrier I'd get 1 star away then landslide all the way back to rank 12 with similar feelings to what you mentioned above. 

I think I yoyo'd like that at least 4 times before breaking into rank 10

am now rank 8 but it's not seemly getting much better yet. It's still normally landslide one way or the other. A close fight is a rare thing it seems 

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
9 hours ago, redraven said:

I want to know if someone else is also experiencing something similar

Yes

[HAIFU]
Players
647 posts
2,139 battles
10 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

ch-ch-check your privilege

Do I sense jacksfilms?

Eyyyoooooo.....

[IRON7]
Players
63 posts
4,174 battles
17 hours ago, philjd said:

With respect.. something of an exaggeration there..equating a real bunch of sicko's with people who are merely incompetent in a computer game...

But I sympathise, players can do the oddest of things.

This guy gets it.

13 hours ago, bloomoon11 said:

*Edited

This guy doesn't.

Beta Tester
808 posts
7,984 battles

They need to get rid of irrevocable. All the garbage/trash/co-op heroes are stuck in the 12 bracket completely lost.

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles
2 hours ago, redraven said:

This guy gets it.

This guy doesn't.

Nope, second guy gets it. 

You are making a forum post, no excuse to rant in anger like that. Take a break before posting garbage like that. 

[NWP]
Players
1,773 posts
12,163 battles
2 hours ago, redraven said:

This guy gets it.

This guy doesn't.

Pro player speaking, whoever agress with him gets him, whoever doesn't agree, doesn't get it.
Maybe read that statement you posted on ISIS again.

Did it?

Now come back and apologise for it, cause I for one am reporting that post. If you think it's funny to talk about terrorism in such a way, then you might need to be in ethics school rather than posting on forums for online games.

[IRON7]
Players
63 posts
4,174 battles
3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Pro player speaking, whoever agress with him gets him, whoever doesn't agree, doesn't get it.
Maybe read that statement you posted on ISIS again.

Did it?

Now come back and apologise for it, cause I for one am reporting that post. If you think it's funny to talk about terrorism in such a way, then you might need to be in ethics school rather than posting on forums for online games.

Hurrdurrhooboo. You are unable to digest whatever people are writing right? Maybe instead of being a sissy [edited]try to say something about the point and not nitpick whatever you dont like in my way of expressing things. 

11 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Winning 40 out of 45 games? Can I have some of that please?!

Played 70ish games to reach rank 7*. Then another 50 games later I went up to 7*** and ended up at 7* again.

Finally lost the curse and reached rank 4 now in just 10-15 games, but I had to play a different ship and skill the captain.

Well to be fair it was the very low levels of ranked i got through at this rate. You where all the garbage thrash players are. It was rather easy to carry a game because even if i had thrash players so did the enemy team. And outplaying thrash isnt hard.
What bothers me lately is that there are 2-4 idiots in my team and 0-1 on the enemy. As if the game is willingly trying to make me fail. It just makes the game atrifically harder for no good reason.
Of course there are games where its just the simple case of one team punishing a mistake of the enemy team and thus having a landslide victory but thats the rare thing not the norm.

Administrator
204 posts
183 battles

*This post has been closed due to its non-constructive nature.

Please, be respectful with other players and you will be respected as well. Don´t make fun of sensible topics.

Thank you.

• Cool 1