Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

Battleships should earn 0 XP and credits for CA kills

79 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

In order to make cruisers more viable it could be a good idea to remove the incentive for battleships to sink them by removing all XP and credit gain battleships receive for sinking cruisers. This way they might sink the cruiser but will only money in doing so.

Battleships natural targets should always be other battleships and CVs in that order.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
82 posts
9,333 battles

i can see the next post comming up like this:

Cruisers should not getting any money/xp for sinking  DD's cause most of them have radar / hydro and thats unfair against the DD's

Or again the BB skippers wil make a new on the OP of cruisers he spam setting them on fire. 

I do like running my Cruisers and if you are a good cruiser driver you are able to dodge shells quite often, if your mot to close to the BB's.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Even if I had to pay credits for it, I would still focus cruisers in a BB if given the chance.

 

Main reasons:

 

- one shotting stuff is fun (if you're not on the receiving end) 

- CAs are dangerous for both you and the team, and their threat level increases exponentially the longer they stay in a match.

 

All in all, pretty obvious b8 m8.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is the BBs designed job to sink cruisers....

 f7FdEdG.jpg

 

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles
13 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

3142435b61094b7d9256ba11fb838f479800bacb

5d0e3d3d17c9654336180227959c03f1f1cf2d60

 

I mean, we're talking someone with over 6k battles, over 1,3k posts and decent stats while playing all three non-CV classes almost equally. I really wouldn't expect someone like that to seriously suggesting removal of rewards for the most effective contribution to team victory that BBs are capable of (that is: quickly sinking squishy but high DPS targets).

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

most of the time, the enemies BBs are not the problem. 

 

its the BBs on your own team, who are 5 km behind you, while practicing bow-on "tanking" and "advancing backwards" simultaneously.

 

we need to get in closer, many BBs can shoot over small islands (while hugging them), and overmatch deck and bow armor most of the time. We simply are easier targets. 

 

do i like being deleted by random BB salvos? Nope ... but that's a general problem, that can not be solved by not giving rewards. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
56 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is the BBs designed job to sink cruisers....

 

42 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

 f7FdEdG.jpg

 

 

That is only because Wargaming wants it to be like that which is a decision I don't believe WG really thought through.

IRL battleships primary targets were other battleships and only if no enemy battleships were in LOS or range did they engage other classes of ships with their main battery while the secondaries could always shoot at cruisers and destroyers if in range.

It was really a stupid game decision by WG to reward battleships for deleting cruisers as much as they do as the only effect it had is to make windowlicking BBabies do nothing else than shoot at cruisers rather than the enemy's battleships.

On the plus side most cruisers can spend 4 to 5 minutes burning down BBabies while listening to the toxic salt from said BBabies.:cap_popcorn:

If we want a higher cruiser population it has to come by making battleships earn far less XP and credits for deleting cruisers so that the BB grind will take 3 to 4 times longer if the BBs only target cruisers, so that those BB players that refuse to engage enemy BBs will tire of playing BBs or switch their target priority to BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
38 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

3142435b61094b7d9256ba11fb838f479800bacb

 

25 minutes ago, eliastion said:

5d0e3d3d17c9654336180227959c03f1f1cf2d60

 

I mean, we're talking someone with over 6k battles, over 1,3k posts and decent stats while playing all three non-CV classes almost equally. I really wouldn't expect someone like that to seriously suggesting removal of rewards for the most effective contribution to team victory that BBs are capable of (that is: quickly sinking squishy but high DPS targets).

 

17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

b_Gk_LPHO.png

Then we wont ever hear complaints from you three about low cruiser population right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
6 minutes ago, atomskytten said:

 

IRL battleships primary targets were other battleships

 

I think I spotted your problem.

What did or did not happen IRL has nothing to do with what does or does not happen ingame.

If you want WoWS to be realistic you should limit your actions to looking at your ships in the port.

If WG wants BBs to be the main counter to CAs and balances the game accordingly (if you want to call it that way) then either play along or quit. Or you play as you like and don't shoot at CAs with your BB so you won't get any exp and credits from that. :Smile_smile:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,809 posts
9,214 battles
11 minutes ago, atomskytten said:

 

 

Then we wont ever hear complaints from you three about low cruiser population right?

 

I think that there is to much Cruiser and even players of CA with radar should get ban

 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:cap_haloween:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,662 posts
1,448 battles
1 hour ago, atomskytten said:

In order to make cruisers more viable it could be a good idea to remove the incentive for battleships to sink them by removing all XP and credit gain battleships receive for sinking cruisers. This way they might sink the cruiser but will only money in doing so.

Battleships natural targets should always be other battleships and CVs in that order.

This is the second most stupid suggestion I have seen on the forums

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
27 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

This is the second most stupid suggestion I have seen on the forums

 

Just out of curiosity, what was the most stupid one? :D

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
57 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

This is the second most stupid suggestion I have seen on the forums

 

you obviously didnt read skybucks suggestions...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,008 posts
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Just out of curiosity, what was the most stupid one? :D

 

Not one of mine. I do say stupid things from time to time. But then again I am old. But my stupidity is just that......stupid. :cap_old:

 

Battlecruisers came into being with one goal in mind, to hunt down cruisers. Or at least that was the original idea. So the primary goal of a battleship in WoWs is to be the playground bully. Smack everything that is smaller than you, and do it quickly. You do that because it takes as hell of an effort to sink another battleship, especially one at the same tier as you.

 

I have said it before, I will say it again. You have to make cruisers more competitive/attractive to play against battleships. If the only solution to achieving this is to nerf battleships to oblivion, then that is no solution at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
590 posts
11,092 battles

Edited 

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate content 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,662 posts
1,448 battles
22 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Just out of curiosity, what was the most stupid one? :D

Some muppet suggested a global nerf to BBs for no other reason than to make them so bad people would stop playing them as a form of population control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles
4 minutes ago, atlasapl said:

 

Not one of mine. I do say stupid things from time to time. But then again I am old. But my stupidity is just that......stupid. :cap_old:

 

Battlecruisers came into being with one goal in mind, to hunt down cruisers. Or at least that was the original idea. So the primary goal of a battleship in WoWs is to be the playground bully. Smack everything that is smaller than you, and do it quickly. You do that because it takes as hell of an effort to sink another battleship, especially one at the same tier as you.

 

I have said it before, I will say it again. You have to make cruisers more competitive/attractive to play against battleships. If the only solution to achieving this is to nerf battleships to oblivion, then that is no solution at all.

So why not just slightly buff all other classes and slightly nerf BBs? :Smile_great:

No need to nuke anything guys!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nuke meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles
21 minutes ago, Flid_Merchant said:

Doesn't bother me, the XP comes from damage not kills.

 

Yet, when a CL/CA gets spotted all the BBs go: giphy.gif

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
341 posts
6,326 battles
6 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

 

Yet, when a CL/CA gets spotted all the BBs go: giphy.gif

:Smile_teethhappy:

I guessed that was what happened in our game earlier... :cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×