RambaRal

HSF Harekaze build suggestions

6 comments in this topic

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,358 battles

Hello Captains,

I am wondering about setup and captain builds for my shiny new Harekaze. I can assign to her a dedicated 19 points captain so I was thinking of 2 builds, one per different ship setup.

Harekaze 4-10 (mini Akatsuki Akizuki):
http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011011000000010000119

Harekaze 10-14 (US DDs guns):
http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001011010100000000119

The idea is to have a torpedo boat that can scare other DDs away with guns if things go wrong. So in the first case I power up the artillery by choosing IFHE to get the most out of her 3.0secs reload time, while in the second case DE + BFT should make up for the presence of only 3 guns thanks to 12% fire chance and 3.6secs reload time.

Then, considering that both builds don't have SI and considering that Torpedo Reload consumable will be boosted soon, I was also toying with the idea to use it in place of Smoke Screen, relying on the ship great concealement and Speed Boost as "Blimey" button to get out of trouble... I never played a DD without smoke so I will probably be mauled hard at the beginning, but maybe it can be worth a try.

Any suggestion or feedback for these builds?

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles

So firstly, when you say Mini-akatsuki, are you planning on taking the standard IJN DD guns? I really wouldnt reccomend that. If you are taking IFHE anyway, atleast take Akizuki's 100mm machine guns.

Also, I would drop out survivability expert for basic firing training. 10%DPM is more important than more HP in a destroyer, because DPM is both offensive and defensive, while SE can only be used offensively if you ram someone.

As for the gunboat one, that looks nice, but I would personally take preventative maintenance instead of priority target.

You can be sure the enemy DD will be aiming at you when you start peppering it with HE in a knife fight, and not losing you rudder due to that 5% lucky chance is imo. better than a skill that really just compensates for situational awareness (IRL, not the skill).

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,358 battles

Thank you for the feedback: my bad, I ment Akizuki with 100mm not Akatsuki: I edited the post right now. 

The suggestion about PM is sound indeed and I already have it on all my Jap DDs so this one shouldn't differ... i probably selected PT in the template out of habit from doing only gunboats builds recently.

The reason for SE in the first build is to synergyze with AR, which is the best option I have for the remaining 2 points. Switching to BFT would synergize with...? EM perhaps?

So both builds are gunboatish, just with different cannons.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,077 posts
6,718 battles

EM would be useless with the 100mm I guess.

I'd still go for SE instead of BFT personally. Indeed BFT is nice, but SE also means reducing the risk of deletion by a lucky BB salvo. Which is very important too since you rarely fight a DD only in a 1v1 but have usually enemies and allies around.

Also 2800/13300 = 21% HP, for a total of 16100, while BFT is still only 10%DPM. 

I'd go for this as a starter build :

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001010000000010000119

And then finish with what you took : first Torpedo Armament Expertise and AR at the end.

I really like Priority Target and the choice with PM is rather tricky... I don't know. I think I'd just use the upgrade for guns survivability and engine survivability, and LS will be enough...

If you want to uses the US guns tho, you'll need PM as they seems rather fragile.

The 100mm build really seems to be the best IMO. It's basically a better Ognevoi. 2 torps less but more dakadaka and the torps are rather powerful. I see the Harekaze as : first cap and kill DDs, then switch to full-time torpedoboat and forget your guns, the damage you took previously when attacking DDs being used for your torp reload thanks to AR.

Players
94 posts
16,569 battles

This ship with the 100mm is a real hoot. It becomes a real destroyer hunter which is why I am using RPF with some success -  instead of AR and Torp reload. You can often get two volleys onto an enemy dd before they can even respond as you know exactly where to align your guns and nobody outspots you. I also took SE over BFT. Once the dd are gone you revert to torpedo boat.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
636 posts
15,170 battles
On 7/12/2017 at 1:45 PM, PotatoTorpedo said:

This ship with the 100mm is a real hoot. It becomes a real destroyer hunter which is why I am using RPF with some success -  instead of AR and Torp reload. You can often get two volleys onto an enemy dd before they can even respond as you know exactly where to align your guns and nobody outspots you. I also took SE over BFT. Once the dd are gone you revert to torpedo boat.

In fact, I am using my Yugumo 15 pt captain that is using RPF as a second four point skill (after CE obviously) and my Akizuki 15 pt captain with IFHE as the second four point skill.

For me. RPF is a bit better option, as it helps you in DD hunting and if you dont do damage with HE, you can (usually) do it with AP. 

Regards!

Sign in to follow this