Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

USN CV Squadrons

7 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles

Hello guys,

I would like to point out, that this is not topic to discuss if AP bombs are good or no.
I wanted to hear your opinion, how they could fit AP bombs so USN CV can actually play.

While Enterprise have 2-2-2 configuration, she can easly load AP bombs and deal with CL/DDs with torpedoes... I simply dont understand how Lexi should play?
If i take 2-0-2 with AP bombs, I will simply  do no damage to CL/DD.
If i take 0-1-3 , it is not acceptable as Shokaku, Enterprise and future Graf zeppelin all have 2 squadrons (at least) of fighters. And even then, again 3 AP bomber squadrons will do nothing to all other Cl/DDs?

There are some suggestions like:
Allow us to switch HE/AP in battle, same as regular shells.

Allow us to carry 1 sqadron of HE and AP bombers...

What is your opinion, how AP bombs could fit into current USN CV squadron setup?

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

The Lexington should have had a fifth squadron with 5 plane squadrons instead of 6 so the player at least could have a 1-1-3 setup for limited fighter protection.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Are AP bombs already available for the normal US CVs not just Enterprise?

Anyway the answer is use whatever setup you like just don't hunt DDs. Go delete BBs and let the rest of your team win while the enemy has no big gun cover.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,682 posts
5,569 battles

I think carrier loadouts would be better if you could just choose what you wanted with certain limitations on squadrons.

For example lexington:

4 squadrons.

Max 1 TB

Max 2 fighters

Max 4 DB

This would allow any of the current loadouts, as well as 2-1-1, 1-1-2, 0-0-4 etc

For HE/AP you should choose per squadron.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles
1 hour ago, VC381 said:

Are AP bombs already available for the normal US CVs not just Enterprise?

Anyway the answer is use whatever setup you like just don't hunt DDs. Go delete BBs and let the rest of your team win while the enemy has no big gun cover.

No, at this very moment only Enterprise have that posibility.

I wonder, how hard would it be to code, to let us at least to pick our bombers as HE or Ap...

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles
5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

No, at this very moment only Enterprise have that posibility.

I wonder, how hard would it be to code, to let us at least to pick our bombers as HE or Ap...

Probably very easy. And it would solve this problem. 

But still usn cv need rework. He or AP bombs suffer to much from rng and slow reload. 

[WGP2W]
Players
1,424 posts
9,973 battles

Well, as long as IJN CVs  have 2 fighters in their optimal configuration (they do not sacrifice any torp or bomber) we will have bad times in USN carriers.

For example:
Shokaku can be 2-2-2  and that is very good combination..

While lexington is forced to give up her torpedo planes in order t reach 2-0-2.

While, I own both of those myself... and I prefer IJN i still claim it is problem in their configuration.

If shokaku stock could be:

1-1-2

Torp setup:

1-2-2

AS setup:

3-1-1

That would mean something... you would be forced to pick AS  if you want to go vs USN carrier....
Like this, Lexington or any other CV from USN line will suffer, if we are forced to pick between full AP or HE bombers... I call is risky, only that.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this