Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Ranked is fine(!) this Season (finally)

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,897 battles

Finally, Ranked rewards people who take calculated risks for the team. 

DDs now get enough XP for spotting and contesting caps, so they do not lose a star even when some BBs camp the borders. 

Tier6 prevents the caps from being radar-zones of death and allows tactical play around the cap.

Thank you WG, I finally enjoy Ranked. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
108 posts
3,484 battles

It is indeed much more fun than the last season with hordes of belfast and fijis sitting in their smokes^^

But the lower tier seems to attract a lot more players that have absolutely no clue in playing their ships...atleast in the battles i have played so far! The amount of HE-only and broadsiding BBs and yoloing Cruisers/DDs is staggering. Had a game with my Dunkek yesterday with 3 other BBs in my team...i was the only one shooting AP, despite enemy ships sailing broadside on the whole time:fish_palm:

Granted i am only at rank 12 for now, but the noobs will keep advancing with me...

One further note: I havent encountered a single CV during this season! T6 CVs stronk:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,153 battles

Good for you. 

Iv also no issue with be set up of ranked ranked games this time around

however some of the players at this tier........ eeek 

Players
2,831 posts
17,670 battles
3 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

sry i disagree this season of ranked is one of the most booring seasons of ranked ever,

with more RNG involved because if you hav 1-2 DD's at the start  that suicide the game is over,

because in the absence of radars the value one DD' carries in term of team strengh is just way bigger than in a meta with radar....

2 hours ago, Bademeister02 said:

One further note: I havent encountered a single CV during this season! T6 CVs stronk:Smile_teethhappy:

its cause every game has atleast 1x cleve + eventualy a Bayern

• Cool 1

Players
3,013 posts
7,832 battles

Tier VI Ranked is balanced, but no fun at all. Many stupid players, and tactics of choice is to get an one point lead and defend it to the end.

• Cool 1

Players
2,569 posts
15,503 battles
5 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

sry i disagree this season of ranked is one of the most booring seasons of ranked ever,

with more RNG involved because if you hav 1-2 DD's at the start  that suicide the game is over,

because in the absence of radars the value one DD' carries in term of team strengh is just way bigger than in a meta with radar....

Play a DD or a small CL like Leander then. You don't have to play a Fuso all the time.

Players
2,831 posts
17,670 battles
24 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Play a DD or a small CL like Leander then. You don't have to play a Fuso all the time.

well i have verry little time this season i would have liked to play the leander but i play the fuso cause it gives me the most consitent results without depending on teamplay too much.

also the nature of the "campy meta" doesnt change by playing a diffrent ship

a game is usualy :

1.) go to the better cap (unless occasionaly your team decides for a YOLO rush offcap tactic)

2.) wait in a good position untill someone does something stupid and punish him

theres rarely time for strategic pushes because the maps/ship combinations are so that leaving safe positions usually gets you punished hard.

as for the leander its just a diffrent kind of what every cleve does: camp somewhere (but somewhat beeing a bit more flexible) and double foir a DD' if there none around.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
322 posts
7,464 battles

If i ignore all the constant wine about bad players, looks like ranked has been a moderate success.

And some people should count their blessings more, and their ability to make the game exciting, a little less.

Its not so much the bad players though, i EXPECT bad players. Its the players who think they are a the dogs b*llocks, who sit and cry during the game about how bad the team is, and everything they do is wrong. And they are usually a/clan tagged b/good stats and c/the worst player on the team. I wont name and shame (-MIA-)

[SCRUB]
Players
3,652 posts
12,677 battles
5 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

DDs now get enough XP for spotting and contesting caps, so they do not lose a star even when some BBs camp the borders. 

Tier6 prevents the caps from being radar-zones of death and allows tactical play around the cap.

Imo it's the worst Ranked I've played so far.

Utterly boring battles; T6 BBs rule everything and are way too strong compared to other classes.

Spotting & capping gives too few XP and smoking up allies gives no XP at all.

In my experience; the camping BBs are usually on top of the team.

There's no counter to the smoke-meta; I like having radar in Ranked.

The team with "smart" DD players that smoke up their team usually win, but this doesn't give any XP at all for those DD players (which is [edited] stupid).

Of course, if you don't play that DD yourself, you hardly get that "smart" DD player in your team. Which makes kind of sense, which DD player in his right mind would smoke up his teammates if it doesn't give him any XP anyway? You're better of trying to do as much damage as possible, to get as many XP as possible in case the battle turns out to be a loss.

That might also be the reason BBs are dominating this Ranked season. And most of them are camping at the back anyway; not playing to win, but playing to secure their star in case of a defeat.

T6 Ranked is boring and far from enjoyable.

• Cool 1

[HAVEN]
Players
719 posts
6,286 battles
5 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

Wrong

So far once again damage = stars

I have played DD quite a bit so far and i get punished for smoke idiot BB who broadside and then turns back to the border like they forgot there house keys, spotting for again BB so they can rack up damage and nothing for me, contesting a cap for the team while the team does not shoot that DD i end up spotting but yet i get focused fired everytime.

DD are essential but are the bottom of the pile when it comes to gaining xp.

[DPT]
Players
321 posts
8,978 battles

I am quite often top XP earner with Gnevny. With 20k-30k dmg only.

There never was a camping BB with more XP than me. The only time a BB

had more XP was when he was doing lots of dmg and pushed with me. 

And that was rare enough as well.

I think IJN DD drew the short end of the stick though. Their 

concealment isn't that much better then the rest and

to make matters worse it is much harder to get much XP

when targeting big ships. US Smoke is very good for the team

but that also doesn't give much XP and only increases your chances of

victory. I would certainly say DDs can get first place but it won't be easy...

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,897 battles

Man all those unqualified comments.

In 30-40 battles I have not lost a single star in my DDs this Season. 

You would be surprised how much xp you get if you play the objective. 

And nothing will EVER change the careful (you say boring) playstyle in Ranked. If you want chaos, play low tier randoms. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,652 posts
12,677 battles
43 minutes ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

You would be surprised how much xp you get if you play the objective. 

Which is capping, spotting and smoking up allies?

-> capping & spotting doesn't give as much XP as doing damage does.

On a defeat you get 1 cap (2 caps at most) anyway. And very few spotting damage.

-> smoking up allies gives no XP at all.

The battles I'm top XP in my DD are mostly the battles I've won.

There's also little use in spotting enemy DDs if your teammates refuse to shoot them (no idea why, enemy DDs are the biggest threat).

You do a spotting run, spot enemy DD, lose half your health; while the enemy DD loses barely any health.

Too many potato BBs & CLs in Ranked; shooting enemy BBs & CLs at ~16km while there's an enemy DD they can shoot at ~9km.

But they are the first to cry for smokescreens and whining about "poor" DDs when they don't do anything at all to support them.

The standard of play in this Ranked is abysmally low.

Smokescreens can hardly be countered. Camping ships can hardly be countered.

I think it's frustrating, boring and not enjoyable at all.

Beta Tester
449 posts
7,830 battles

Each to their own i suppose.

I don't get too excited about ranked to be honest, for me its just an opportunity to harvest a few flags until i get bored. This season got boring very quickly! I hope WG can come up with something special for next season.

• Cool 1

Players
463 posts
8,363 battles

The only bad thing about this season is that I don't have a Shinonome anymore.

Shinonome guns are worth using while the Fubuki with it's two peashooters is just not good enough to contest caps against anything else other as another Fubuki or Hatsuharu.

Players
2,831 posts
17,670 battles
58 minutes ago, Raziel_Walker said:

The only bad thing about this season is that I don't have a Shinonome anymore.

why on earth would you sell a shinonome for the siver??????

-> contact WG they CAN restore it question is if they are willing to

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,471 battles
9 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

its cause every game has atleast 1x cleve + eventualy a Bayern

Weird... My Ryujo keeps sinking Clevelands and defensive fire doesn't help them that much.

This season though, I have the feeling there is way more 'mimimi' than in previous ones. Toxicity towards dd and cv players is appalling.

Players
2,831 posts
17,670 battles
14 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Weird... My Ryujo keeps sinking Clevelands and defensive fire doesn't help them that much.

well i guess you havnt meet a properly aa speced 19pts one yet

(19 since you have to use IFHE, which is probaby the reason most cleves arent that brutal since i guess tehre arent man 3x4 cleves out there with IFHE AFT MAA)

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,897 battles
6 hours ago, lup3s said:

Which is capping, spotting and smoking up allies?

-> capping & spotting doesn't give as much XP as doing damage does.

On a defeat you get 1 cap (2 caps at most) anyway. And very few spotting damage.

-> smoking up allies gives no XP at all.

The battles I'm top XP in my DD are mostly the battles I've won.

There's also little use in spotting enemy DDs if your teammates refuse to shoot them (no idea why, enemy DDs are the biggest threat).

You do a spotting run, spot enemy DD, lose half your health; while the enemy DD loses barely any health.

Too many potato BBs & CLs in Ranked; shooting enemy BBs & CLs at ~16km while there's an enemy DD they can shoot at ~9km.

But they are the first to cry for smokescreens and whining about "poor" DDs when they don't do anything at all to support them.

The standard of play in this Ranked is abysmally low.

Smokescreens can hardly be countered. Camping ships can hardly be countered.

I think it's frustrating, boring and not enjoyable at all.

Of course you have to damage enemy DDs with your guns/torpedoes if you want to play the objective... 

Last season it was still almost impossible to progress with bad luck in a DD. This season I have yet to lose a single star. 

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
13 hours ago, Bademeister02 said:

I'm playing Ryujo, and got to R5 with her.
Even when loosing games, 90% of times I didn't loose a star.
You just need to know what you are doing. (And hopefully have a team that has more then 5 working brain cells, since you can't carry alone)

[SCRUB]
Players
3,652 posts
12,677 battles
3 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

Of course you have to damage enemy DDs with your guns/torpedoes if you want to play the objective... 

Last season it was still almost impossible to progress with bad luck in a DD. This season I have yet to lose a single star. 

Strange, last season I got to R1 with the Shiratsuyu (from R5 to R1). :Smile_unsure:

That went quite easy; this season I'm having a really hard time in my Shino / Fubuki / Anshan.

Players
463 posts
8,363 battles
12 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

why on earth would you sell a shinonome for the siver??????

-> contact WG they CAN restore it question is if they are willing to

Why sell it? Not looking good enough at the stats only seeing 0 AA but not that it had a turret more as the Fubuki, wanting a clean port without useless ships, not taking ranked into consideration, selling ships because I wanted to quit WOWS after yet another IJN DD nerf.

And no WG is not willing to restore ships after the 2 week limit has passed. Unfortunately it's not a regular premium that you can just rebuy.

Players
2,831 posts
17,670 battles
20 minutes ago, Raziel_Walker said:

Why sell it? ot looking good enough at the stats

easy, you dont sell ships that you can only get once ever.... heard of buffs and meta changes?

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,897 battles

7 hours ago, lup3s said:

Strange, last season I got to R1 with the Shiratsuyu (from R5 to R1). :Smile_unsure:

That went quite easy; this season I'm having a really hard time in my Shino / Fubuki / Anshan.

Maybe you just keept distance and spammed your torps at those Belfasts?

All I can say is that it works amazingly well for me, to really attack the cap. Without radar you can finally go inside. 

Sign in to follow this