You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_H00D

HMS Incomparable - Possible Premium

13 comments in this topic

[RN]
Players
11 posts
3,386 battles

HMS Incomparable was the name given by Admiral John Fisher to a proposal for a very large battlecruiser which was suggested in 1915.

Possible Premium

Displacement: 46,000 long tons (46,738 t) standard
Length: 1,000 ft (304.8 m)
Beam: 104 ft (31.7 m)
Draught: 24 ft (7.3 m) (at deep load)
Installed power: 180,000 shp (134,226 kW)
Propulsion: Brown-Curtis geared steam turbines, Yarrow boilers
Speed: 35 knots (65 km/h; 40 mph)
Range: 24,000 nautical miles (44,000 km; 28,000 mi) at 10 knots (19 km/h; 12 mph)
Armament:
3 × 2 – BL 20-inch (508 mm) guns
5 × 3 – QF 4-inch (102 mm) guns
9 × 1 – QF 3-pounder guns
8 × 1 – 18-inch (450 mm) Torpedo tubes
Armour:
Belt: 11 in (279 mm)
Decks: 4 in (102 mm)
Barbettes: 14 in (356 mm)

1915 : Original Design

NOuQMXc.png

1932 : Design

izujWZu.png

1941 : Design

Ye7qyO6.png

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Incomparable

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts
7,167 battles

After reading I had to go to paint.exe to make it more easy to describe how I felt like while reading :Smile_veryhappy:

65FW9xZ.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
404 posts
3,251 battles

Wow, the main armament has a larger calibre than the torpedoes. This thing will laugh at overmatch mechanics, pretty much one-shotting anything less than a Battleship from any angle. As much as I love the idea of large naval guns, this one may be a step too far. Sorry, just my opinion.

(Still, the name is very appropriate: this monster would be totally Incomparable to anything else in game!)

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Considering that WG has said that they will not introduce guns with greater calibre than those of the Yamato (18.1"), I can't see this ship getting in, at least not in this configuration.

Players
750 posts
2,987 battles

Of course if you go by the original design it would have next to no armor (3 inch armoured belt at max) and would be the one of the longest BB's in the game with a length of 304m.....The Yamato is only 263m overall (think the Kurfurst is longer?) 

As much as I would like to have her she would be very, very hard to balance and would need major modifications in order to make her somewhat useable in game.

And then there is the whole "no guns bigger than 18inch" thing.

[RN]
Players
11 posts
3,386 battles
2 hours ago, GhostRider_24 said:

Of course if you go by the original design it would have next to no armor (3 inch armoured belt at max) and would be the one of the longest BB's in the game with a length of 304m.....The Yamato is only 263m overall (think the Kurfurst is longer?) 

As much as I would like to have her she would be very, very hard to balance and would need major modifications in order to make her somewhat useable in game.

And then there is the whole "no guns bigger than 18inch" thing.

Yeah I get what you mean, but the armour could be the balancing point to the guns as it would have similar specs to Hood and then theirs the problem with the no guns bigger than 18inches when this ship was only designed to use 20inch guns.

[GB1]
Beta Tester
41 posts

I would happily accept 18 inch guns instead of the 20s as the RN did use them during WW1 an the RN 18 inch gun although it had a 3mm smaller calibre the shell was 20% heavier than Yamato's (alpha of the gods per shell balanced by only having 6 when Amagi has 10 16inch guns) I think she would be an interesting Tier 8 with 3*2 turrets 457mm with 279mm belt an 102mm deck would be interesting as would have similar armour to the Amagi so she is workable with a good captain an Its massive guns would be balanced by being so long it would turn like a brick and would have terribad concealment (no hiding a ship that long) and thus she would be a torpedo magnet.  I think she could work great at tier 8 as she would be a super Repulse (a ship I would like to have placed at tier 6 in a second RN BB line)  I know I would use her and would enjoy it allot

• Cool 2

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles

I think the main issue seems to be that these ships are hard to balance for the ordinary randoms, but I'd still like to see all kinds of different ideas made into this game. Heck, I thoroughly enjoyed the fantasy ships of the halloween special :D

I understood that the Yamato is supposed to have the biggest guns, but I'd like to see some H44 or some super duper Yamato into this game as well.

Yes they are fantasy ships but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.

How about only being able to use these ships in certain scenarios and in the training room? Or to be able to unlock them from certain ships if you choose to do so? There's endless possibilities if one likes to fantasize and imagine what iffs.

I'd also like some other existing ships be made to play into WoWS, like the Derfflinger and Mackensen..mostly because I like Kongo so much :D

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles
On 12-7-2017 at 9:57 AM, Centurion_1711 said:

Wow, the main armament has a larger calibre than the torpedoes. This thing will laugh at overmatch mechanics, pretty much one-shotting anything less than a Battleship from any angle. As much as I love the idea of large naval guns, this one may be a step too far. Sorry, just my opinion.

(Still, the name is very appropriate: this monster would be totally Incomparable to anything else in game!)

Along with her sisterships Hms Inconceivable, Hms Impossible and Hms Unimaginable :P

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
3,251 battles
On 10/09/2017 at 8:28 PM, southjn said:

I would happily accept 18 inch guns instead of the 20s as the RN did use them during WW1 an the RN 18 inch gun although it had a 3mm smaller calibre the shell was 20% heavier than Yamato's

I think this is more plausible and wouldn't upset all of the other BB players (where'd muh HP go? :etc_swear:)

A bit off topic, but I'd still like to see a version of HMS Furious with two single 18" guns. That firepower but less armour than a Pensacola, could be the ultimate derp-wagon (The WoWs TOG II?)