Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fat_Maniac

One brain cell remaining

31 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles

When there is only one brain cell remaining. (Kuma).

All except the Wyoming left the cap to chase the Cambelltown down.

onebraincell.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
3,596 posts
7,320 battles

Can you tell me what you think is wrong with that picture?

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,399 battles

If the four had stayed in cap the battle would have been won quicker. A cruiser chasing yes even the DD but not the BB with rate of fire and dispersion

[PMI]
Players
2,354 posts
5,547 battles
4 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

4800 battles, not a clue...

Gents, the average WoWs player.

Players
3,596 posts
7,320 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Note that when my reply was posted the line "All except the Wyoming left the cap to chase the Cambelltown down" was not included in the post and it looked like the OP was complaining about the Kuma trying to cap.

That not withstanding what exactly is wrong with them leaving the cap in that circumstance?  

They're not putting the game at risk, it's their prerogative if instead of capping out for the win they want to race each other for the final kill, the OP might like to get back to port faster but quite frankly the other players aren't playing the game for his benefit and he just has to wait another 30 seconds or so longer.

Not really worth a new topic was it?

• Cool 2

Players
1,752 posts
9,922 battles

Its not even a close game where you're losing in pts and have to cap to win so why not? Sure its a slight waste of time but apart from that unless the Cambelltown detonates everyone chasing him your team has won anyway.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

a wyoming hunting a dd? :D

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles
5 minutes ago, lameoll said:

a wyoming hunting a dd? :D

Why, I hunt DDs in my BBs all the time.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

not in a wyoming lol XD

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Flid_Merchant said:

Battle was won either way but waste of time.

Well, from OP's view point this might be true. He was already dead and probably wanted to go to the next match asap, maybe even with the same ship. However, the remaining players decided to chase the last DD for the kill/damage and some more experience, I'd say.

I agree that it might have been unnecessary but that's what they decided to do. We don't know what the exact course of the battle was, though, so judging on the basis of a screenshot of the last seconds is a bit hard.

Players
1,008 posts

The point of the game is to destroy the other team, winning by points is what you do when you cant achieve that. You are way ahead on points, only one of the other team left. You know where he is heading, he will be cornered and have no escape. Why not hunt him down.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
4 minutes ago, atlasapl said:

The point of the game is to destroy the other team, winning by points is what you do when you cant achieve that. You are way ahead on points, only one of the other team left. You know where he is heading, he will be cornered and have no escape. Why not hunt him down.

I'd disagree. The point of the game, besides having fun, is to win by all means necessary. Hunting down all enemy ships is a valid tactic as well as capping/winning by points. Both ways are equally valid and it is up to the players how they want to do it according to the course of the battle. Addtionally you have battles where the winning team doesn't have the choice because the enemies just die too fast.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

I dont really see the problem with it.

Its pretty much impossible to lose the game at this point, so theyre not risking anything.

They could have made the game end slightly quicker by capping, but a large number of people play to shoot ships and would prefer to fight it out than sit in a circle.

If doing so would risk the win then Id say they're dumb, but in this case tbe game is in the bag anyway.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

This is a bit like when people complain about other people capping when the only ships left are so far away that the cappers have no reasonable chance of getting any damage done.

Why should the cappers sacrifice their XP so others can pad their XP? Makes no sense. And leaving the cap while the battle isn't decided is just dumb. The only case a capper should leave is when he runs directly into it and the enemies don't all come running (getting into the cap early can really disrupt the enemy team, making them easier kills). He can always return then.

[TOAST]
Players
1,990 posts
25,644 battles

OP, What was you thinking when you created this thread, over something so trivial, serious, you open yourself to ridicule, what next, will you write a book called "100 ways to roast a potato".

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles
6 minutes ago, Unintentional_submarine said:

This is a bit like when people complain about other people capping when the only ships left are so far away that the cappers have no reasonable chance of getting any damage done.

Why should the cappers sacrifice their XP so others can pad their XP? Makes no sense. And leaving the cap while the battle isn't decided is just dumb. The only case a capper should leave is when he runs directly into it and the enemies don't all come running (getting into the cap early can really disrupt the enemy team, making them easier kills). He can always return then.

Extra xp for overall damage done by the team killing leftover enemies > xp for capping - at least in most cases. Funny that the people doing the capping in such situations usually end up in the bottom third of the team. What a coinkydink... :fish_palm:

Players
1,429 posts
14,798 battles
13 minutes ago, Unintentional_submarine said:

Why should the cappers sacrifice their XP so others can pad their XP? Makes no sense.

I do this when somebody is on 4 kills, hunting the kraken. Or if they say in chat they are about to complete one of those stupid kill 2 BBs and win and be second in xp missions. Or when there are only 3-4 juicy full hp BBabies left waiting on the map border to be farmed.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles
4 hours ago, Zogash85 said:

Extra xp for overall damage done by the team killing leftover enemies > xp for capping - at least in most cases. Funny that the people doing the capping in such situations usually end up in the bottom third of the team. What a coinkydink... :fish_palm:

And if they left the cap they would have even less. It is inherently selfish to specifically ask someone else to diminish his XP for your own sake. The reverse scenario of capping vs killing is actually killing the enemies in time. You never hear a capper go "hey guys, could you please not kill that last guy, I would like to get this cap." I guess you might, but I have yet to experience it in over 4k battles. And that's the nice version, not the usual communication laced with various kinds of slurs and insults. Even if the game has run 17 minutes and the team has yet not managed to kill the five guys going on some epic tour of the edge of the map for the last five minutes.

And the greater XP really depends. Three low HP enemies don't really constitute that much more XP, and should really not live past the cap anyway, if they do then it is the killers' own damn fault. And if they were a lot more plenty initially, then the killers got their value didn't they?

4 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I do this when somebody is on 4 kills, hunting the kraken. Or if they say in chat they are about to complete one of those stupid kill 2 BBs and win and be second in xp missions. Or when there are only 3-4 juicy full hp BBabies left waiting on the map border to be farmed.

Relevant cases indeed. Though the latter can also be turned on a head if you yourself are low HP and thus can't really farm them. Besides, it takes three minutes to solo cap, the remaining team can generate enough XP off of those guys in that timespan. If they can't then they really can't go around demanding people stopping capping.

Guys, as I was pretty clear, I didn't mean the scenario where someone sneaks into the cap early and the enemies does nothing to stop it. I would never cap like that, it isn't worth it for the personal player. I would only step onto the cap to lure some back, and have many times stepped off the cap because the enemies were unwilling to defend. Nor do I mean cases where someone spends half the match to get to the cap. I'm talking endgame where I have killed the enemies opposing me only to find the remaining enemies are now on the other side of the map. The choice is then a futile chase, or a cap. I will pick a cap every time, save specific cases where someone asks kindly for it to finish something. I have as yet not experienced that either. Not even a mention of things outside a variety of 'no cap, kill all'.

So forgive me if I'm not inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt in regards to finishing something.

In any case, I can count the number of rush-to-cap wins on one hand I have experienced. They are really not common at all, and are not worth anyone's time for consideration. Everyone knows the value of those matches is abysmal for everyone, capper included (one area people seem to learn remarkably fast).

[NWP]
Players
1,769 posts
12,134 battles
12 hours ago, Juanx said:

I've played almost double the amount of games and I don't see an issue with this picture either. Even with the extra text added by OP.

But I guess you know a lot better?

Players
1,428 posts

Lets see what choices the Wyoming had :

- If he was at the cap (I doubt that) :

In that case he must have been the first in the cap, otherwise he never could have been in front of the other ships. Against a dd he has litle chance to complete the cap. He could sail away in the other direction of the DD, but that wouldn't give him any xp or credits. This while if he dies nothing would have been lost. So hunting the DD (as he was the only target left seems to be valid).

- If he was sailing at around G2 and met the DD ,While he was on his way to the cap zone. Again he could have sailed away (No XP or Credits) or hunt him. 

I see no problem what so ever in the actions of the BB in this case. 

I think the OP is talking more about the other ships (except the Kuma). Also those have a legit choise. The BB is buying time while you only need one vessel in the cap to realy secure the victory. The realy save way would have been to continue the cap, however in this case it realy doesn't matter. It is realy a matter of taste.

What I do like, is that those ships seems to help out the Wyoming. That is rare example of teamplay. 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
1 hour ago, Blue_Bug said:

What I do like, is that those ships seems to help out the Wyoming

more like trying to get that kill from him tho :X

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,167 battles

When I first saw this, without looking properly at it, I assumed that because they left the cap (or didn't cap) that the OP's side lost the battle, that would be the only reason to complain in my mind. If the time remains and there is no risk of losing because of it, then chase the bugger down. Minor inconvenience to the OP apparently, but it's a team game and we all have our own objectives within that, so work with others.

Sign in to follow this