Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

Message to all BB in ranked from me

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
7,302 battles
22 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Warspite has patchy armour, can get slapped for 7k+ even when angled.

 

Although I'm not part of this debate anymore as I sold out and started using the Farragut, getting a far better success rate. 

 

DDs in Ranked is the only way to fly...

Fuso is amazing. The armor is really good, in particular against HE spammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,502 battles
4 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Fuso is amazing. The armor is really good, in particular against HE spammer.

So why do most stay 20km away from the fight and shoot max range wondering why they cant hit anything. Fusos do seem to be the biggest culprits to hanging back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
11 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

So why do most stay 20km away from the fight and shoot max range wondering why they cant hit anything. Fusos do seem to be the biggest culprits to hanging back

The fact that people don't know how to play her to her strengths, does not meant that she isn't a great ship for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,502 battles
9 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

The fact that people don't know how to play her to her strengths, does not meant that she isn't a great ship for this season.

Only BB that's not up to Ranked is Maybe Dunkerque. the others all have strengths and weakness that make them about the  same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
37 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Much prefer the Shinonome. With a 19 point  commander i have the stealth the torps the HP (15000) and the guns are pretty Hot as well

 

If supported by other BBs the Warspite is the best tank.. Yes her armour is patchy but the repair bonus Warspite gets + a 20% repair bonus Flag..... :cap_like: and the damage those guns can deal at closer ranges

 Warspite was great for me until R5, superb guns with OP heal.

 

Now i play Farra as a fleet defender. Smoking, spotting and screening bigger ships from other DDs. It's a formula that works very well with a 19 point captain. Already done it in a Sims last season and the play style is essentially the same. Only issue is even in landslide games you tend to come bottom as you do very little damage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Only BB that's not up to Ranked is Maybe Dunkerque. the others all have strengths and weakness that make them about the  same.

Sure, you can make any ship "work" but there will be always some more equal than others. For BBs this season, those are Fuso, Arizona and Bayern in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,502 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

 Warspite was great for me until R5, superb guns with OP heal.

 

Now i play Farra as a fleet defender. Smoking, spotting and screening bigger ships from other DDs. It's a formula that works very well with a 19 point captain. Already done it in a Sims last season and the play style is essentially the same. Only issue is even in landslide games you tend to come bottom as you do very little damage...

Will answer WHEN i get to rank 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Will answer WHEN i get to rank 5

I've found the same thing with T8 Ranked top. BB are excellent until the top league then I find the meta makes them difficult to play. 

 

As DD you facilitate teamplay and protect your team. That's way more important than being able to do RNG damage every 30s. I might just be wired to play DDs however...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,244 battles

Do you want to say that in top ranks there is no need of BBs in the team for winning ?

 

(I am at R6, using Warspite, thus really curious if I'll have to change ; normally someone has to do the BB job and better do it well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
9 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Do you want to say that in top ranks there is no need of BBs in the team for winning ?

 

(I am at R6, using Warspite)

No there is definitely a need for BB. I just can't handle placing my game in another's hands as if your DD are bad then you lose basically. I'd rather be the player holding the keys... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,244 battles

Ah I see. It's true that the match is decided by DDs (when no CV) and as BB you can do little about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Ppl complain about DD nerfs but the Ranked meta will likely always heavily favour DDs. They're slightly weaker at T6 as at T7 & T8 you have monsters like the Sims and Benson out there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,244 battles

Often when there are 3+ DDs in each team I message fellow BBs to load HE for covering our DDs in the first cap fight.

 

And I am always amazed to get replies "No ! AP is better, do more damage".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
617 posts
6,737 battles

Talk to your team. Tell them what your doing and where your going etc. I generally only smoke for Cruisers, if they don't use it then I don't do it again for them. At game start I tell them where I'm going. I do not engage in a democracy of oh lets all go A what do you think guys. If I think A I go to A. I go where I think we should be going and tell them MY plan. You are up front in a DD and this is your decision so it falls to you to get it right.

 

Now if I say I'm off to A and they all go No no no and thrice no go B you DD noob. Well ill smile and go B then as there is no point me going off on my own in stubbornness so I try to make it work for the team. I want to win above all else so I always work for the team.

 

Ignore chat messages from BB players that do not have a clue how to play a DD. Play your game. Your job in a DD in ranked is as follows

 

Cap

Spot

Stay alive

If IJN stay undetected as much as you can I.E don't shoot unless you can escape and or are just going behind cover or smoke etc or support is miles away so they cant shoot you

Deny

Torp BBs etc
Cap
Spot

Deny

Stay alive

Stay alive

Stay alive

Stay alive

Spot

etc etc etc rinse and repeat

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
7,302 battles
19 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Often when there are 3+ DDs in each team I message fellow BBs to load HE for covering our DDs in the first cap fight.

 

And I am always amazed to get replies "No ! AP is better, do more damage".

But that's sadly true. You can easily blast a DD for 10k+ damage with AP on a BB.

However the same HE salvoes allows to reduces the DD in a sorry mess of destroyed modules and fire.

 

BB don't even need to switch from one to another, HE and AP are equally powerful (though with different purpose) against DDs, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRN]
Players
503 posts
9,045 battles

My OBJ was only rank 10 and I reached it after few days of pain. From this season I will remember abysmall Cruisers play (for real guys WTF) and a BB that "order" me to smoke him but he was 6.5 Km away. So I should give up spotting, defending cap, torping etc go run to him and give him smoke... We lost I did hi calibre and did not loose the star but reported 5 times from him, he also wrote me after game "noob DD"

Lucky I reached my OBJ in ranked now I can play with this people in Random !!! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TFUK]
Players
166 posts
5,354 battles

Funny thing is, Smoke isn't always useful for a BB, in fact it rarely is.  The number of times a fellow BB calls for smoke in front of me only to be riddled with torps.  Smoke works both ways Captains, they cant always see you but you cant always see stuff heading towards you.

 

Don't get me wrong, it has its use, but is also a giant magnet for torps and so I don't often ask for it.

 

I do insist that DDs spot tho, I cant shoot what I cant see and if their DDs have lit us all up, we get decimated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, Dee_82 said:

Funny thing is, Smoke isn't always useful for a BB, in fact it rarely is.  The number of times a fellow BB calls for smoke in front of me only to be riddled with torps.  Smoke works both ways Captains, they cant always see you but you cant always see stuff heading towards you.

 

Don't get me wrong, it has its use, but is also a giant magnet for torps and so I don't often ask for it.

 

I do insist that DDs spot tho, I cant shoot what I cant see and if their DDs have lit us all up, we get decimated.

That's why as a DD you choose who and where to smoke. You can get your own team killed with bad smoke and cherry pick who deserves to have it.

 

The less choice you give your team the better they'll do. 

 

DDs are just extraordinarily influential in Ranked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,244 battles
4 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

Funny thing is, Smoke isn't always useful for a BB, in fact it rarely is. 

 

As a BB I was saved countless times by DD smoking me, while fighting to death in a critical place/moment. Such smokes can make the difference in a match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
178 posts
5,925 battles
18 hours ago, Negativvv said:

BBs shouldn't be begging for smoke, they don't need it unless they are boxed in. I turn down smoke offers and tell DDs to give it to the cruisers quite often. A BB has 50k+ hp and heal so damn well use it...

This right here! The ones who need smoke the most are the cruisers, if there are any :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,331 posts
8,600 battles

Any ship can make a difference. But I still never understand why a team with points advantage has to go and yolo that points advantage away  x___________x

 

Today, we got the points lead but it was thrown away by 2 of our DD's getting themselves killed by their own stupidness. The one DD with just 42hp didn't stop shooting near our base and *SURPRISE* got killed. Then this other DD is just toooo faaar away trying to push the enemy DD away from our flank. Good idea, but the execution of that idea was not. Just watching the minimap I could see he was too close to the enemy DD's last known position. And then the enemy DD did the smart thing; pushed back, our 2nd DD got spotted and molested to that spot. Congratz, you just threw away our points lead with pointless and non needed push.

 

And then I get multiple reports for neutrally pointing out the fact their pointless death did cost us the points lead. Okay, our victory wasn't secured yet, but the loss of 2 DD's didn't really help our situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CLADS]
Players
152 posts
10,930 battles

If you are complaining about battleships telling you what to do, you can simply ignore them. But if you get the same requests from different players then you might want to take a moment, and analyze if maybe they have a point. 

 

if you are complaining about ships not playing the way you think is best for them, then give them advice. But if the same thing happens over and over you might want to take a moment, and analyze if maybe you are the one seeing things the wrong way. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,049 posts
8,370 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

But that's sadly true. You can easily blast a DD for 10k+ damage with AP on a BB.

However the same HE salvoes allows to reduces the DD in a sorry mess of destroyed modules and fire.

 

BB don't even need to switch from one to another, HE and AP are equally powerful (though with different purpose) against DDs, sadly.

AP is vastly better in scenarios where you can expect only one or two hits. The potential of a pen is just too good. Also this tends to be at slightly longer ranges. At closer ranges where overpens are more likely, HE is somewhat better due to the module damage. But aside from late game scenarios where only enemy DDs remain, it is generally not worth the 'risk' of having HE loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
7,302 battles
6 minutes ago, Unintentional_submarine said:

AP is vastly better in scenarios where you can expect only one or two hits. The potential of a pen is just too good. Also this tends to be at slightly longer ranges. At closer ranges where overpens are more likely, HE is somewhat better due to the module damage. But aside from late game scenarios where only enemy DDs remain, it is generally not worth the 'risk' of having HE loaded.

Even at closer range... a few days ago I went out of my smoke, full HP, with my Blyskawica, to torp a NC at very close range that didn't expect it. He saw himself dead (told me in the chat), but still tried blasting me with all his guns, AP loaded.

Guess what, he killed me before I even launched my torps. He probably did mostly overpenetration, but at least one or two pen with it, and that was enough to send me visiting Mars.

 

Even with only AP, if you do 9 overpenetration with 406 or 410, you get around 11-12k damage. And 356 overpen even less often DDs, with 12 guns at tier 6. (Around 1100 damage per overpenetration : 13200 damage if you hit with all your guns)

 

(Though I also have a few memories of one-shooting full HP DD with my Dunkerque on HEs.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×