Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

Message to all BB in ranked from me

49 comments in this topic

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

This is my personal message to all BB drivers who are on my team in ranked battles. I am not in the game solely to give you smoke cover. I am sick and tired of BB baby idiots telling me not to spot, not to cap and not to push forward and reporting me for selfish play when i have to use smoke to prevent myself from being deleted when spotted. I am quite happy to smoke my team when i can but i have other tasks as well. I usually race for nearest cap and then swing back to smoke my slow BB teamates but this it appears is not enough. I should spend the entire game sailimg next to BB just to keep them smoked. I should not chase down and kill enemy DD, i should not spot targets for them and should not burn down BB with my guns.

This from BB babies who go to nearest cap and camp. Refuse to push. refuse to fire at DD and fire HE at broadside CA at close range.

Well,,,this is my answer to you all, get ###### nuff said !

• Cool 8

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

Yep, just venting the rage fella, thought it might at least raise a smile or two too !

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles
2 minutes ago, bouncer8409 said:

Yep, just venting the rage fella, thought it might at least raise a smile or two too !

Don't get me wrong, i feel for you.

Looking to the British BBs with a mixture of hope and dread. I will be playing forward but understand so many players will abuse my beloved RN ladies and give the whole line a bad name by camping.

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

Very true buddy. The Royal Navy has a fine tradition of fighting at a disadvantage but going straight for the throat and winning. Not called the Senior Service for nothing !

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

BBs shouldn't be begging for smoke, they don't need it unless they are boxed in. I turn down smoke offers and tell DDs to give it to the cruisers quite often. A BB has 50k+ hp and heal so damn well use it...

• Cool 10

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

Well said Negativvv, cant understand why so many BB squeal for smoke or camp all game, they have more armour and bigger guns,,,doh !

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

I have had a Bismark ram my Belfast out of my own smoke to steal it before now.  I can admit I am not the best player but I at least am a team player

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

Yep, had that too in various ships. Kutuzov, Belfast, Minotaur it's annoying but it's what i have come to expect from BB Babies. Cant have their precious ship being damaged !

[SCRUB]
Players
3,634 posts
12,388 battles
10 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

I have had a Bismark ram my Belfast out of my own smoke to steal it before now.  I can admit I am not the best player but I at least am a team player

I rammed an enemy Belfast out of his smoke with my Bismarck to steal it :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,082 battles

OP 

got to be honest with you here. I started to read your post with good intentions and then you started to use derogatory comments like bbabie etc and tar everyone with the same brush. 

So because of this I couldn't care less about what you think. 

Im a very good bb player in ranked if I do say so myself and I don't take kindly to your message at all. 

Frankly all i notice is the higher the ranks go the more offensive the players generally become and that is a pathetic and sad thing indeed. 

However it must be said that this is not the case with every player (OP are you listening) 

iv have also met some great players and great teamwork so to you chaps good show 

• Cool 1

Players
2,830 posts
17,291 battles
2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

BBs shouldn't be begging for smoke, they don't need it unless they are boxed in. I turn down smoke offers and tell DDs to give it to the cruisers quite often. A BB has 50k+ hp and heal so damn well use it...

while i generally tend to agree with your posts i have to pass on this one.

you making things to easy here.

higher skill ranked areas tend to have decent focus fire on the best possible target.

while a BB has a lot of HP it cant sustain focusfire for long even if properly angled.

ofc a BB can do a good while without smoke it cant hold a good position for long without it.

i hear people constantly bitching about sniping fusos in ranked. guess what they are doing it (appart from the occasional idiot) because its often the only good position they can sustain

when the good close up positions arent smoked and torp scouted propperly.

smoke up key positions and be amazed that the BB players will change their positioning.

although  it might take a week for ever dd to do it before people change cause so far the experiance of a BB this season is quite negative from enemy and your team alike which is pretty sad....

(and this was diffrent the lasts easons i ranked out in the nagato in season 4?  where you got damn good smokes nerly every game  from rank 5 onward)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

OP a few things however:

3 hours ago, bouncer8409 said:

This is my personal message to all BB drivers who are on my team in ranked battles. I am not in the game solely to give you smoke cover. I am sick and tired of BB baby idiots telling me not to spot, not to cap and not to push forward and reporting me for selfish play when i have to use smoke to prevent myself from being deleted when spotted. I am quite happy to smoke my team when i can but i have other tasks as well. I usually race for nearest cap and then swing back to smoke my slow BB teamates but this it appears is not enough. I should spend the entire game sailimg next to BB just to keep them smoked. I should not chase down and kill enemy DD, i should not spot targets for them and should not burn down BB with my guns.

This from BB babies who go to nearest cap and camp. Refuse to push. refuse to fire at DD and fire HE at broadside CA at close range.

Well,,,this is my answer to you all, get ###### nuff said !

I do not feel BBs should be pushing, they are to hold one cap and offer tanking/firepower. Pushing is not recommended unless your team is actually losing and you need to make a play. Further to that a team should be holding their formation, you shouldn't be chasing down an enemy DD and smoking for yourself is essentially a mistake a lot of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

while i generally tend to agree with your posts i have to pass on this one.

you making things to easy here.

higher skill ranked areas tend to have decent focus fire on the best possible target.

while a BB has a lot of HP it cant sustain focusfire for long even if properly angled.

ofc a BB can do a good while without smoke it cant hold a good position for long without it.

i hear people constantly bitching about sniping fusos in ranked. guess what they are doing it (appart from the occasional idiot) because its often the only good position they can sustain

when the good close up positions arent smoked and torp scouted propperly.

smoke up key positions and be amazed that the BB players will change their positioning.

although  it might take a week for ever dd to do it before people change cause so far the experiance of a BB this season is quite negative from enemy and your team alike which is pretty sad....

(and this was diffrent the lasts easons i ranked out in the nagato in season 4?  where you got damn good smokes nerly every game  from rank 5 onward)

Hmm quite possibly, as I got to R5 by playing pretty aggressive but I seem to have stalled so I might have to modify what I'm doing. 

My experience in Ranked is with DDs and I'm fairly confident I could slap out R1 in a Farragut rapidly as I know the template of winning Ranked games with USN smoke and close fleet support. 

I'm here to learn how to BB in Ranked however so I'm loathed to hit the nuclear button and go DD carry mode. 

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,909 battles
3 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Its weird that BB came so close(considering Belfast gun range) to enemy to steal that smoke. He must have had at least 1 ball.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles
5 hours ago, bouncer8409 said:

Well said Negativvv, cant understand why so many BB squeal for smoke or camp all game, they have more armour and bigger guns,,,doh !

altho dd players suck at smoking up in ranked  bbs asking for smoke u should just ignore. if u see him getting he spammed or focused  and he cant get out then u should smoke him. but in general its up to u to see if it is needed or not.

[NED]
Players
4,376 posts
12,061 battles

OP. I don't understand a flying F about your thread. What do you mean by BB's in "ranked battle?" Why not adress tons of BB players (don't want to say they ALL do that) in all gametypes??? Heck I made a thread elsewhere (which I asked to close because it ended up in a pathetic ego clash) asking why BB's won't tank. With that I don't mean rush in like an idiot and get focused down in the 5th minute, thus leaving your team with a huge gun and point disadvantage. But very simple: follow the DD's (if they play their role) with cruisers in between. Stay close to both shipclasses. So the DD's can scout. Encounter with a lonely DD? The own DD's and cruisers should rush in and delete the red DD. Encounter with a stronger force? Our DD's should stick to scouting and torp spam, the cruisers should fall back and use "us" (BB's) as moving islands to take the hits but still HE harass the reds to oblivion. Encounter against overwhelming force? The BB should go in full speed ahead and suicide rush the reds, taking as much of them as possible, even by ramming, giving the rest the opportunity to run and fight another "day." Better 1 BB down than 1 BB, 2 Ca's and a DD.

it's really that simple in a BB. Whether it is in Rank, Random or WTF ever!

Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

BB commanders indeed are a special breed.

i had to tell them several times, that they pay a fixed fee for a match and that repair costs are gone. 

they still hide behind the "tanks" (cruisers), while crying for smoke (that is off course only ingame to protect their bows), hissing commands to cap points, while "advancing backwards".

[MIRAI]
Players
237 posts
15,336 battles

Guys, my tongue was in my cheek when i posted this, please dont take it too seriously. We all play in different ways, some are good teamplayers, some not. Thats life, thats the randomness of WOWS. 

My intention was to raise a few smiles so please ,,,,,, WHY SO SERIOUS !

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,858 posts
17,294 battles
14 hours ago, Negativvv said:

To Qualify.  All classes have idiots in ranked. But main problem with BBs is there thinking they have 20km guns so they should stay at least 15KM behind caps. I have amazing heal on my Warspite and will tank for team. But when i try to support the DD from a few KM behind him but get focused by all there ships because the other 3 BBs on our team are over 10km Behind the DD/CA and myself.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
11 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

To Qualify.  All classes have idiots in ranked. But main problem with BBs is there thinking they have 20km guns so they should stay at least 15KM behind caps. I have amazing heal on my Warspite and will tank for team. But when i try to support the DD from a few KM behind him but get focused by all there ships because the other 3 BBs on our team are over 10km Behind the DD/CA and myself.

Warspite has patchy armour, can get slapped for 7k+ even when angled.

Although I'm not part of this debate anymore as I sold out and started using the Farragut, getting a far better success rate. 

DDs in Ranked is the only way to fly...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,858 posts
17,294 battles
8 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Warspite has patchy armour, can get slapped for 7k+ even when angled.

Although I'm not part of this debate anymore as I sold out and started using the Farragut, getting a far better success rate. 

DDs in Ranked is the only way to fly...

Much prefer the Shinonome. With a 19 point  commander i have the stealth the torps the HP (15000) and the guns are pretty Hot as well

If supported by other BBs the Warspite is the best tank.. Yes her armour is patchy but the repair bonus Warspite gets + a 20% repair bonus Flag..... :cap_like: and the damage those guns can deal at closer ranges