Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PricelessPlayingPancake

Mutsu 410mm guns are complete joke

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
4,738 battles

Yeah... its a bb at tier 6 with sucha high caliber guns and it should have some drawbacks. the problem is that the ship itself is one big drawback . its like a inflated aoba with insanely large turning circle and comical torpedo angles .  Dispersion on paper looks ok when you add a good firing range , but i think this ship never heard of Sigma value at all. Chances of hitting eneby bb citadel from the side from 5km is the same as hitting it from 25km with spotting plane. Shots never ever landing where youre aiming them . And the penetration . Idk of which material these AP shells are made but holy $$$ - when you cannot citadel any bb from 90 degree angle no matter how many times you do that even when enemys are dumb enough to give flat broadside - its really infuriating . Scharnhorst , Dunkerque baby sized 283, 330mm guns cits Fuso like no tomorrow when angle is flat , Mutsu 410 - non pen, non pen, miss, bounce , miss , miss...... 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles

Sounds like someone isn't getting close enough...

They SUCK vs other BB at long range but close to about 10km and you'll find they get the results that 16" guns should, if they're not performing at close range then it's a user issue.

Besides they can't be full fat T7 guns at T6, something called game balance.

Also Warspite is better :cap_cool:

[SLAPP]
Community Contributor
530 posts
12,402 battles

I don't agree with you at all. It's a good ship and the guns are just meaaaaan.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,152 battles

Idk, from what i played her, the guns.... sometimes i get cits on bb's othertimes i get shatters on ca's, theyr not bad but dont expect nagato grade rifles. 

Overall personally i like her, but id agree on the turning, moreso on the responce to rudder, im not taking warspite handbrake turns, but just a wee'lil bit tighter and shes a winner. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

It's a fine ship... when it's not up-tiered, which is never.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
4,738 battles

. Against cruisers - if it hits, its deadly because low pen and short fuse time . Against bbs its a struggle. Ofc there are some bbs with thin upper part of the hull so i can do alot of overmatching , no cits tho.  The only bb that loves mutsu shells is either Dunkerque either other Mutsu. Shooting others theres no point bothering aiming just above the waterline - just aim at center masss and blast it.  Sure , Warspite is miles better. Higher velocity, pen, sigma, way better dispersion , better HE , turns tighter than american sportscar . Only disadvantages she has - low firing range\slow turrets can be mittegated . Not in Mutsu case

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,232 battles

good guns but for best results close the range to atleast 12km and they pen nearly everything for lol results

its a toss up in my view which is the best warspite or the mutsu but both out perform for their tier by a long way

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles

What's wrong with her sigma? It's actually the second best on T6 at a standard BB 1.8, second only to Warspite's 2.0

Much unlike Fuso (sigma 1.5) she hits where you aim at.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Guns feel great to me. Few citadels but usually amazing groups of regular penetrations, 15k salvos on BBs and cruisers not uncommon. Try aiming a little bit higher maybe on the enemy BBs and you'll see what I mean.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,915 battles

This ship is amazing and the guns are really punchy. Did once 30k dmg to broadside Tirpitz with only normal penetrations. 

Players
383 posts
13,111 battles
13 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

This ship is amazing and the guns are really punchy. Did once 30k dmg to broadside Tirpitz with only normal penetrations. 

You are lucky as f**k, so don't confuse people on forum with this 1 in million years stuff :cap_rambo:

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles

Yep Mutsu guns are a joke. They are comparably accurate at long range, but they shatter all the time due to shitty pen values. On the other hand at short range Warspite and Bayerns dispersion is actually lower (due to how the nation specific linear dispersion progresses). So the only selling point to Mutsu's guns are the size, penetration and accuracy is mediocre or horrible even.

As for the ship itself I agree, other than speed its an ugly mess of disadvantage after disadvantage. Yeah sure its decently fast at 26.5 knots, but everything else is downright terrible. Survivability against both AP and HE is bad, AA is by far worst of all tier 6 BBs, turning circle is pretty meh, concealment is absolutely horrid and even the secondaries are complete garbage compared to Bayern or Warspite.

I find both Mutsu and Dunkerque very fun to play, but they trade waaaaay too much just for a couple extra knots of speed. If you want to play Mutsu for great guns just buy Warspite, tbh even Bayern would be better to play for the guns. You only really buy Mutsu for the speed or the uber gimmicky torpedoes.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,232 battles
3 hours ago, Affeks said:

Yep Mutsu guns are a joke. They are comparably accurate at long range, but they shatter all the time due to shitty pen values. On the other hand at short range Warspite and Bayerns dispersion is actually lower (due to how the nation specific linear dispersion progresses). So the only selling point to Mutsu's guns are the size, penetration and accuracy is mediocre or horrible even.

As for the ship itself I agree, other than speed its an ugly mess of disadvantage after disadvantage. Yeah sure its decently fast at 26.5 knots, but everything else is downright terrible. Survivability against both AP and HE is bad, AA is by far worst of all tier 6 BBs, turning circle is pretty meh, concealment is absolutely horrid and even the secondaries are complete garbage compared to Bayern or Warspite.

I find both Mutsu and Dunkerque very fun to play, but they trade waaaaay too much just for a couple extra knots of speed. If you want to play Mutsu for great guns just buy Warspite, tbh even Bayern would be better to play for the guns. You only really buy Mutsu for the speed or the uber gimmicky torpedoes.

shhhhhh don't tell em about the torpedoes cos its fun to see the silly enemy players who either forget about them torps or didn't even realise it had em and they load mega fast due to single launch tubes

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
2 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

shhhhhh don't tell em about the torpedoes cos its fun to see the silly enemy players who either forget about them torps or didn't even realise it had em and they load mega fast due to single launch tubes

Oh yeah and when that devestating torpedo volley hits.... oh wait the damage is abysmal

Still fun though, I remember I got a fire on a Fuso in ranked, he repaired so I went yolo and torped him, got a flood and killed him almost from full with that. That was rank 20 though, none of these games in higher ranks :/

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,232 battles

its mostly the dds that think they can yolo torp you that's fun when suddenly they see torps heading to them instead

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles

i suggest  next time you watch some reviews before you buy a ship

[DREAD]
Players
5,121 posts
5,069 battles

She is a very nice ship but I have seen a lot of guys not like her. Maybe she is kind of special, the guns hit like a truck but dispersion is trolly and pen is rather bad (about Bayern Level so pretty much lowest at that tier). 

I seem to be able to citadel US BBs at long range a lot for some reason but in general she feels most comfortable at mid range. I really like her but I can see why some ppl don't. BBs with "only" eight guns and average sigma&dispersion feel trolley at times. Nagato and Warspite both have a 2.0 sigma which shows in consistency of your volley groupings. Which doesn't obviously matter if you send over a full truckload such as Fuso and Koenig do.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
5 hours ago, Affeks said:

You only really buy Mutsu for the speed or the uber gimmicky torpedoes.

And the fact she's drop-dead gorgeous...

Anyway, the ship feels like a battlecruiser to me and that's great from my point of view. She also has very good turret traverse and decent rudder shift, which make her feel comfortable and responsive. I generally dislike slow BB play but I play the ships that to me look and feel most awesome. So for me a BB that looks great and hits like a freight train but has game play style and comfort more like a cruiser is ideal. Same reason I like Hood.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
12 minutes ago, VC381 said:

And the fact she's drop-dead gorgeous...

You're right, forgot that one

13 minutes ago, VC381 said:

She also has very good turret traverse

*Laughs in Dunkek*

[-T-O-]
2,138 posts
5,915 battles
23 hours ago, _interceptor_80 said:

You are lucky as f**k, so don't confuse people on forum with this 1 in million years stuff :cap_rambo:

You don't even have this ship so please don't put any opinion of yours. Thank you!

Players
383 posts
13,111 battles
4 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

You don't even have this ship so please don't put any opinion of yours. Thank you!

I have Mutsu on my alt acc. and I play this ship enough to be competetive to speak of //stock Nagato// guns performance

[-T-O-]
2,138 posts
5,915 battles

Played dozen of games with this ship in ranked and except from being squishy at close range the ship is really good if you play it correctly. It doesn't give a shite about angled BBs. 

Sign in to follow this