Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

new player looking for advice

20 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,280 battles

Hi guys .

This is my first topic here , because i am new player the last time i played this game was in test server long time ago .

my question is , what should be the first line that you recommand a new player to grind , and do you have any link for usefull tutorial for begginers ( youtube video ) 

• Cool 1

Players
69 posts
6,405 battles

Depends on what you like to play DD, CL, BB or CV but i found i rather liked the american line simple and easy to grind. Not that they are uber you have to find that out yourself what you like.

As tuterial vids i could advise Ichase and Notser on youtube as they played all different ships and give suggestions how to play and build.

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I'd advice to start a line of every class up to, let's say, tier V so you can get a first impression what the classes have to offer in general and what playstyle suits you. On this basis you can specialize if you want or stay with different lines.

However, ships of the same class can play very differently. Maybe it is better if you try some ships first, find your preferred playstyle and then ask what ships you should try.

• Cool 5

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

Begin by try some different classes and if u like see some vids on youtube, once u made an opinion grind what u have succes with, or fun. To me the most fun was the rusky DD line, and nice results also, it's really personal, lines are overall balanced IMO

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

I typically recommend playing cruisers first since they're pretty adaptable and teach a lot of good habits (read: brutally punish bad habits).

All in all it's for you to decide which you like though I can say the US and IJN cruiser lines are probably the easiest to get into with quite strong ships all around that make for a smooth learning curve (IJN can be a bit tricky as it does the jump to heavy cruisers quite early at tier V).

I do recommend playing the common classes (cruisers, destroyers and battleships) at least to tier V. For one that means you get a decent outlook on what you might prefer playing (though I still recommend diversifying and lot only play a specific class/line of ships) and the second, and arguably most important, reason is that you get a feel of how each of those classes play like.

Particularily helpful is that playing a specific ship class conversely also teaches you how to play against it. Experiencing firsthand what works and what doesn't can be directly translated into countermeasures to use against the enemy.

As a good example: an experienced DD player will be able to predict where the enemy DDs are going, which ships they're most likely to target and where you should expect an ambush. Seeing how devastating getting caught pants down by a DD is (a couple torps will sink even full health ships at most tiers) knowing how DDs play, how DD players think let's you predict and easily evade possible attacks which is an invaluable help ingame.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
808 posts
7,984 battles

Battleships are the generally the first line you want to start with. It can be the most forgiving if you don't sail in straight line or show enemy battleships your broadside. Also it depend on your playstyle. Do you like stealth? You like to set things on fire?

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

I see you're already diversifying: Japanese Cruisers and BB's. Excellent choice. IMO they are the best "allround" lines in the game. Advice: don't rush the tiers and take your time to grind. Start low, go slow. That's how you'll get the most out of the game. When you passed the 100-ish games mark you might want to consider trying a DD as well or CV.

Oh. I can see that info here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/512516634-wot_chikor/!/pvp/overview/

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
10 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Look for a guy called Flamu on youtube. I found his videos very useful

Better still try Notser or iChasegaming with Captains Academy on YouTube, they tend to be better at advice for new player, one of them has a great aiming YT video's HERE and HERE and HERE, excellent on learning where and when to fire a salvo, also flick through other Video's they offer on learning that will help you improve.

Good Luck. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,665 posts
1,453 battles
3 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Better still try Notser or iChasegaming with Captains Academy on YouTube, they tend to be better at advice for new player, one of them has a great aiming YT video's HERE and HERE and HERE, excellent on learning where and when to fire a salvo, also flick through other Video's they offer on learning that will help you improve.

Good point, ichase has some great guides

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
Just now, fallenkezef said:

Good point, ichase has some great guides

Flamu is great, but I think he tends to cater more for players that have experience.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,166 battles

Hello, for me the best lines for a beginner are (I consider them more forgiving) the Japanese Cruisers, the American Destroyers andd the German Battleships.

Play some PVE first to get a feel of your aiming.

Flamu, Notser, IChase and Aerroon are all solid youtubers, look at their guides, they may be a couple of years old now but still worth it.

For me I consider Flamu and Notser top players but IChase and Aerroon ,while also strong, are better teachers for starting players.

You can go back to F's and N's vids when you become a veteran.

Cheers

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,186 posts
2,402 battles

Noob here too. Watch as many vids as you can just to get a feel for different playstyles.

Try as many ship/classes as you can to get a feel for them.

Bare in mind the game changes when you get to T5, New maps, experienced  player base, and ships at T7 that can overmatch your armour. It's a huge step change.

Also be aware that ship classes can change as well. For example IJN cruisers to T4 are CL's. T5 and above are CA, so the way you play them changes.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,186 posts
2,402 battles
Just now, wot_chikor said:

well thank you all guys , for the help and advices . i appreciate it .

Forgot to add.

If in doubt just come here and ask. Lots of people willing to help.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,280 battles
4 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Forgot to add.

If in doubt just come here and ask. Lots of people willing to help.

i noticed , witch is great :) 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,243 battles

carriers to start and then you will realise how shitty they are now compared to what they where in closed beta

once you got that out your system take a bb line and lol pen everything and lol smash every plane out the sky and you will remember then how hard they where to play in cbt and realise where this game has gone in the last 2 years

or ignore my saltyness and pick either german bbs (fun) or british cruisers (fun after tier 6) but whatever you choose take your time in the lower tiers as they can be the most fun and certainly best place to learn the game again

• Cool 2

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

Cruisers are maybe best way to learn game cause u in between classes. ALl u learn on a cruiser coulb be usefull in both DD and BB.
Now easy mode is maybe BB but if u want to learn and grow like a player cruisers is may best way 

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

Tungstonid has the right plan. with a few exceptions its around tier 5 where the prevailent national traits tend to be more developed

ideally by the time you have ground your way through and elited each tier 5 ship you should have a inkling into whether that ship line suits your play style

that theory is not perfect however it must be stated

* the Emerald is the turd of the RN cruiser line, the Leander is where the British trait becomes more defined

** the Omaha is the last US Cruiser to have torpedoes (for now) the Cleaveland is where the US trait comes to the fore

*** both Carrier lines are current hamstrung up to tier 5 to keep the BB-babies happy so you'll need to get to Tier 6 in order to make use of their full capabilities (manual drops, strafing etc)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this