You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
krautjaeger

[MOD] HSF to regular commander pictures

15 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles

Small mod that changes the anime pictures of commanders for HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee to regular Japanese/German commanders for those that want the ships with normal looking crew. This mod will be compatible with any foreseeable upcoming version of the client.

Unzip the file to ..\res_mods\<version number>  (where version number is the current client build)

HSF_to_regular_commanders.zip

• Cool 1

[BRIT6]
Players
122 posts
3,569 battles

could the sound also be changed? Honestly I bought the packs for the ships and having that screeching Japanese anime voice (I don't speak Japanese so the shout outs warn me of nothing sadly) all the time is rather unpleasent for my head :/

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles
33 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

could the sound also be changed? Honestly I bought the packs for the ships and having that screeching Japanese anime voice (I don't speak Japanese so the shout outs warn me of nothing sadly) all the time is rather unpleasent for my head :/

I reckon it can be change like the others, with renaming these two files under ..\res_packages\    sound_mods_official.idx and sound_mods_official_0001.pkg. Just adding a '-' at the end of .pkg would do it, thus .pkg-

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,571 battles

Why do people even bother to buy those weeb ships just to use mods for standard captains? This is beyond me tbh. But I've seen enough in randoms to not question this playerbase actions.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles
31 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

Why do people even bother to buy those weeb ships just to use mods for standard captains? This is beyond me tbh. But I've seen enough in randoms to not question this playerbase actions.

It's so beyond you that even though you know better than to question the playerbase's actions you still had to post here, knowing better. Makes sense. Feel better now? :Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy: These ships can have regular camos, looking like regular ships, with bonuses (unlike ARP) and the only thing then left was the commander-toon. Pretty much that.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,571 battles
16 minutes ago, krautjaeger said:

It's so beyond you that even though you know better than to question the playerbase's actions you still had to post here, knowing better. Makes sense. Feel better now? :Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy: These ships can have regular camos, looking like regular ships, with bonuses (unlike ARP) and the only thing then left was the commander-toon. Pretty much that.

The post was just an expression - so why wouldn't I post that.

Besides why use that HSF commander at all? Any other commander of the ship's nation would work.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles
3 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

The post was just an expression - so why wouldn't I post that.

Besides why use that HSF commander at all? Any other commander of the ship's nation would work.

Some people may only have one Jap DD commander and want to have one with a different skill-set thus no need levelling it to 8-12, also especially if they're new players (because they will buy these ships as well) which may not have a Jap DD commander at all. You could've figured that one out yourself though.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,571 battles
36 minutes ago, krautjaeger said:

Some people may only have one Jap DD commander and want to have one with a different skill-set thus no need levelling it to 8-12, also especially if they're new players (because they will buy these ships as well) which may not have a Jap DD commander at all. You could've figured that one out yourself though.

I see. For me 12 point capt. is like 1 day of gameplay but I get the idea now.

• Cool 1

[BRIT6]
Players
122 posts
3,569 battles

@Geralt_z_Rivii365 I bought the Spee as I like the ship and missed the old Spee campaign so this was my only access to it (also I wouldn't mind having two of those^^). And the Harekaze is an interesting Kagero DD modification and although not historical an interesting gameplay. 12 points commanders are not that accessible for everybody. I mean in the Japanese line I have one on my mogami and the mutsu and Atago but prior to the PvE missions it took a while to get them. So yeah considering it is possible to play them as normal ships why not. I would just prefer to take that 'normal' experience all the way and not just on teh hull paint.

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
4,887 battles
On 7/10/2017 at 2:51 PM, krautjaeger said:

I reckon it can be change like the others, with renaming these two files under ..\res_packages\    sound_mods_official.idx and sound_mods_official_0001.pkg. Just adding a '-' at the end of .pkg would do it, thus .pkg-

I tried this - with rather undesirable results :-)

I bought the Harekaze on NA (I use the same client for both NA and EU) and was a bit surprised to not only get the screechy voice but also having the voiceover switch to Japanese. I decided to try to remove the voicepack as per your suggestion.

First I added the hyphen only to the .pkg file, the game wouldn't run (crashed on startup). Then I added a hyphen to the .idx file as well, the game started but wouldn't connect, claiming that the client was older than the server (it isn't). Renamed the files back to their original name, still the same refusal to connect. Rebooted, no change.

Meanwhile I can connect to the EU server where I don't own the Harekaze without any difficulty.

I know that the logical next step is to reinstall (from na.wargaming.net I guess) but was thinking of waiting till tomorrow - hoping that a new patch might  drop and resolve my problem. If worst comes to worst, perhaps buying the thing on EU as well might help I suppose ...

Any other ideas?

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles
45 minutes ago, ABDAfleet said:

I tried this - with rather undesirable results :-)

I bought the Harekaze on NA (I use the same client for both NA and EU) and was a bit surprised to not only get the screechy voice but also having the voiceover switch to Japanese. I decided to try to remove the voicepack as per your suggestion.

First I added the hyphen only to the .pkg file, the game wouldn't run (crashed on startup). Then I added a hyphen to the .idx file as well, the game started but wouldn't connect, claiming that the client was older than the server (it isn't). Renamed the files back to their original name, still the same refusal to connect. Rebooted, no change.

Meanwhile I can connect to the EU server where I don't own the Harekaze without any difficulty.

I know that the logical next step is to reinstall (from na.wargaming.net I guess) but was thinking of waiting till tomorrow - hoping that a new patch might  drop and resolve my problem. If worst comes to worst, perhaps buying the thing on EU as well might help I suppose ...

Any other ideas?

Sure you didn't accidentally delete a file you shouldn't have? Tried running an integrity check through the launcher? I run two clients as well, one NA and one EU, and both places I have these files renamed to sound_mods_official.idx- and sound_mods_official_0001.pkg- respectively and it works.

If you are running the all-servers XML mod and just using the EU client, remember that NA is getting the 0.6.7.1 update today and this will give you an error upon logging in. We get that update here tomorrow.

Players
45 posts
4,887 battles

Nothing deleted. There is a difference between our setups - you run two clients - I was running only one for both servers - I used Aslain's mods to switch servers, same email and same password on both. Worked like a charm until this strange occurrence but I have now installed a separate instance of the client for NA (it IS more robust if server updates are not completely synchronous). I note that the fresh NA install seems to be 0.6.7.1 - my previous (combined) version was 0.6.7.0.1 so maybe there WAS a mismatch.

Players
45 posts
4,887 battles

Yes, it seems it was pure coincidence that I happened to be fiddling with files - the problem seems to stem from the fact that the current EU version is 0.6.7.0.261848 while the NA one is 0.6.7.1.264469.

Had I known I'd probably have stuck with my previous setup (saving 40-ofdd gigabyters of space) and accepted that every now and then I'd be locked out of NA for a while :-)

You live and learn ...

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,350 posts
3,346 battles
51 minutes ago, ABDAfleet said:

Nothing deleted. There is a difference between our setups - you run two clients - I was running only one for both servers - I used Aslain's mods to switch servers, same email and same password on both. Worked like a charm until this strange occurrence but I have now installed a separate instance of the client for NA (it IS more robust if server updates are not completely synchronous). I note that the fresh NA install seems to be 0.6.7.1 - my previous (combined) version was 0.6.7.0.1 so maybe there WAS a mismatch.

41 minutes ago, ABDAfleet said:

Yes, it seems it was pure coincidence that I happened to be fiddling with files - the problem seems to stem from the fact that the current EU version is 0.6.7.0.261848 while the NA one is 0.6.7.1.264469.

Had I known I'd probably have stuck with my previous setup (saving 40-ofdd gigabyters of space) and accepted that every now and then I'd be locked out of NA for a while :-)

You live and learn ...

I got two clients, but I also use the all-servers XML mod (which Aslain also has), that's why I said it at the end of the post that NA got an update today. NA almost always get the update one day before EU, thus you can not use that mod to log in unless both servers have the same update. :Smile_Default: