You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
artistar

Intermittent gameplay

11 comments in this topic

Players
557 posts
4,734 battles

Do you mean some nasty lag spikes experienced individually and not by anyone else in the match?

If so.... Yes..... Once or twice but couldn't say if the issue was server side or client side.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
2 hours ago, Spuggy said:

Do you mean some nasty lag spikes experienced individually and not by anyone else in the match?

If so.... Yes..... Once or twice but couldn't say if the issue was server side or client side.

Barring server issues when I have had those lag spikes the reason for it was always router related after it had received an update and needed restarting.

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
12,447 battles

Well, as far as I know the router doesn't need an update/hasn't been updated(BT update there own Hubs, we have NO control over the updates). I've reset my Router, as per the instructions given. I tried some other games: Borderland II, Metro Last Light and Half Life 2 Lost Coast without any spikes occurring. So comes back to WoWS itself.

It's a lag spike every 6 seconds..................which lasts for 4 seconds.........

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
14 hours ago, artistar said:

Well, as far as I know the router doesn't need an update/hasn't been updated(BT update there own Hubs, we have NO control over the updates). I've reset my Router, as per the instructions given. I tried some other games: Borderland II, Metro Last Light and Half Life 2 Lost Coast without any spikes occurring. So comes back to WoWS itself.

It's a lag spike every 6 seconds..................which lasts for 4 seconds.........

The mystery thickens...:cap_wander:

It could be graphics card related if it is an older model or if you are using a old fragmented or worn HDD instead of a SSD as WoWS does require a fast working harddrive or best a solid state disk. It could also be the wrong combination of hardware/software that just doesn't agree with WoWS.

Players
25 posts
12,447 battles

These are my Rig components: Windows 7 64Bit: Asus P8 Z77 V LK- MOBO: I7 3770K CPU @ 4.5 GhZ: CORSAIR H100i AIO: KINGSTON HYPER X BLACK 32GB DDR3 RAM:ZOTAC GTX 780 DUAL SLI: KINGSTON HYPER X 3K 120 GB SSD: CRUCIAL MX100 512GB SSD: WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB GREEN HDD: LITEON DVD RE-WRITER: BDR RE-WRITER. Notice I'm using my 512gb SSD for the games.

Since it's been about three years that I've had this set up playing WoWS, without this obvious problem, I highly doubt it's my Rig that's at fault. Granted, they are an older pair of GPU's in SLI, but GTX 780 can still hold a reasonable 43-56 FPS. 

Having just tried a Broadband Speed Checker it's indicating a supposed 61.6Mb, so can't be their side.............

Players
25 posts
12,447 battles

Tried disabling SLI: FPS went up to 71-76, however, the intermittent gameplay still persists...............

[AWG]
Beta Tester
212 posts
3,814 battles

Next thing to do is a ping plotter as per this KB article - see if you are getting packet loss at the same time as the lag spikes. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/50. And as per Fat_Maniac, remove any mods you have and try again. Also try excluding the WoWs install folder from your antivirus

Players
25 posts
12,447 battles

I had reinstalled the GEMfx mod, after this all had begun to happen.

Also, I excluded the WoWS install folder from antivirus when it was installed.

Have also just updated my GPU drivers.......

Will give this ago(KB article) and see how this goes. Thank you.

I've deleted the mod:

login1.worldofwarships.eu.zip

WoWS_report.zip