Sign in to follow this  
TerTerro

Get Fletcher or Shima?

10 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
255 posts
2,865 battles

So i still have no T10. But have Yugumo and would need to grind it a bit more and spend some free exp, as i do not enjoy the yugumo grind.

So now thinking, should i still grind it a bit and get Shima (i like the idea of having 15torps). But started to think is she worth it? 
Maybe i should focus better to get fletcher? As i like Benson. What i like of course is 12km torps at least. 

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

Take this with a pinch of salt as DD's are by far my worse played line, but from a CV players perspective the Fletcher is pain in the grass.  Finally grinding DD's and the Fetcher will be my end state.  Alot of my Clan mates play this ship with good results, great if div with a CV.  Apparently the Gearing has been nerfed with alot of Gearing players going back back down to Fletchers.

I suppose it depends on your play style and what you want to hunt more. Also if your a team player or a lone wolf. I think you know which ones are better against which ships.  15 torps in the water is mental tho.  Being a cruiser player, i like the team work aspect the fletcher can/could provide.  The Shima seems more like an assassin.

Just my observations m8. 

[LEWD]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,478 battles

If you don't like the Yugumo chances are very high that you will be very disappointed by the Shimakaze aswell.

Fletcher on the other hand is considered one of the best DDs in the game.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles

Fletcher is currently the best torpedo boat in the game. 15 torps rarely do something that 10 torps cannot. And Fletch reloads much faster (you can get your reload down to a hilarious 80 seconds, that's 20 seconds faster than Shima's F3 torps).

On top of that, she's a good knife fighter (and knife fighter only, don't try to engage another DD at range unless you're sure you can kill it quickly) with IJN levels of concealment, decent speed & maneuverability and has the usual USN utility to make her what is currently the most flexible DD in the game.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Fletcher is great. If you like the Benson you will love the Fletcher since its basically a souped up Benson. 

I even prefer to sail a Fletcher in a tier x match in stead of the gearing (bit ironic) 

[IRQ]
Players
2,725 posts
6,638 battles

Shimakaze is an upgraded Yugumo with worse stealth. Fletcher is a straight upgrade of Benson. Playstyles are very similar to their predecessors, but Fletcher actually reloads the torpedoes rather than builds new ones from scratch, so it's far easier to play a hybrid style. Shima does have decent guns, which while they still won't cut in a gunfight against a gunboat, they can do in a pinch, or if you face lower tier Japanese DDs.

Personally I like both Shima and Fletcher, for their different styles, but I also like Yugumo as well, which probably is a requirement to like Shima.

[HEROZ]
Players
45 posts
5,975 battles

Agree Fletcher. It's just great. Shima, either has great games or 0 dmg games. That rarely happens in a Fletcher. 

Sign in to follow this