You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nechrom

HSF Harekaze and Graf Spee in the premium shop

147 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

They are finally here:cap_money:

Three different options for each: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The packs vary greatly with the gold Harekaze pack being a monster €100 deal, while the Graf Spee gold pack is a more modest €40.

Between the packs you'll also get different amounts of skill points for your commander. 12/10/8 for the Harekaze and 10/8/6 for the Graf Spee.

NOTE: Only the Harekaze gold pack gives you a unique HSF (Harekaze) flag. Despite there being a HSF Graf Spee flag in the bundle on the SEA server, it is not listed in the EU Graf Spee gold pack.

Edit: Confirmed as being a typo. The Graf Spee flag is actually included in the Graf Spee gold pack despite not being listed in the shop.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
2 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

Bloated bundles....:Smile_facepalm:

There is really only one problem with these (assuming the lack of Graf Spee flag is just a typo) and that is the fact that you have to pay 100€ for the Harekaze flag. SEA got it for something like 47€.

Aside from that the bundles and "just the ship" options are quite good. We even get some "free" skill points which SEA didn't get with their commanders at the same price.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I just posted that Duca was the only ship available I was interested in right now... I was lying. Harekaze is probably the most interesting premium to date, with 3 different configs. Basically you get 3 ships for the price of one... with a discount. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
6 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I just posted that Duca was the only ship available I was interested in right now... I was lying. Harekaze is probably the most interesting premium to date, with 3 different configs. Basically you get 3 ships for the price of one... with a discount. 

I have her set up as a recon/torp/sneak-bote right now. Mainly because it's the least captain skill dependent so I can train Misaki or any other IJN DD captain in it.

100mm guns just for the AA and close range self defense, with torp reload booster. Since the reload booster seems to be getting a buff next patch it'll be even better then.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I just bought it... will let you know what I do for setup later.

I like it that you can put any captain on my new waifu <3 Wait... can I call her waifu... it's a ship I bought, I will probably not use the captain much if at all, so I basically bought a waifu which I'm not going to wear in at all. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
8 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I just bought it... will let you know what I do for setup later.

I like it that you can put any captain on my new waifu <3 Wait... can I call her waifu... it's a ship I bought, I will probably not use the captain much if at all, so I basically bought a waifu which I'm not going to wear in at all. 

Marvin whats the Camo stats?

Also whats the mission for the HSF ships any idea?

Thinking of the basic one, The caption is a bit of a shame as I am unlikely to use her as I have a 19/17/15 and 14 point IJN DD commanders

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Marvin whats the Camo stats?

Also whats the mission for the HSF ships any idea?

Camos are standard premium bonus (+50% XP) but also +100% free XP and -5% service cost.

The missions are the standard +200% XP on a victory missions, limited to the ship in question.

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

Silver bundle without flag or did they just forget to put it in the add? CAn we have the flag instead of the dubloons? Kindah feel like paying 50 euro for a flag now

girlflag.png

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,064 posts
17,316 battles

How are the anime bitches voices? Annoying?

I did not play the other anime ships because of the annoying camos and th3 annoying voices. At least HSF has no annoying camo....

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
Just now, 22cm said:

How are the anime bitches voices? Annoying?

I did not play the other anime ships bedause of the annoying camos and th3 annoying voices. At least HSF has no annoying camo....

The captains themselves... pretty annoying I have to say. The XOs on the other hand are much better.

So it's all going to come down to how much you like to hear young Japanese girls.

I actually liked a handful of the ARP voices as they occupied a broader spectrum outside the schoolgirl subset of voices.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,064 posts
17,316 battles
Just now, Nechrom said:

The captains themselves... pretty annoying I have to say. The XOs on the other hand are much better.

So it's all going to come down to how much you like to hear young Japanese girls.

Not much... so I will pay for captains with points  that I will never use...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Not much... so I will pay for captains with points  that I will never use...

Well it's the same price the Asian server had to pay for 0 skill points. So I doubt you're paying extra.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,995 posts
7,167 battles

And btw, what is the fate of these flags:

haifuri-flag.png?w=656

blue-mermaid.png

Will we ever see them on EU?

Players
578 posts
5,003 battles

The 100 € bundle is the first time i see 15% flooding chance signalsin the shop ....

I would really like to buy the signals (esp. the flooding ones) - but 100€ for 45 € of dublons i dont need + a ship i will never play.

But i like the trend to sell usefull signals.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
5 minutes ago, return33 said:

The 100 € bundle is the first time i see 15% flooding chance signalsin the shop ....

I would really like to buy the signals (esp. the flooding ones) - but 100€ for 45 € of dublons i dont need + a ship i will never play.

But i like the trend to sell usefull signals.

Personally the only signals that should be on sale in shop are Economic ones. All others should have to be Earned in game.

Buying things like No detonation is pay to win

• Cool 5

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

I have couple of thousend of signal flags from yust playing I only use them for ranked and even there I might as well go without. That is why I don't need them in a bundle like this.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

They are finally here:cap_money:

Three different options for each: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The packs vary greatly with the gold Harekaze pack being a monster €100 deal, while the Graf Spee gold pack is a more modest €40.

Between the packs you'll also get different amounts of skill points for your commander. 12/10/8 for the Harekaze and 10/8/6 for the Graf Spee.

NOTE: Only the Harekaze gold pack gives you a unique HSF (Harekaze) flag. Despite there being a HSF Graf Spee flag in the bundle on the SEA server, it is not listed in the EU Graf Spee gold pack.

Edit: Confirmed as being a typo. The Graf Spee flag is actually included in the Graf Spee gold pack despite not being listed in the shop.

How long do you think they'll be in the Premium shop? I'm kind of out of mon€yz right now.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
8 minutes ago, lup3s said:

How long do you think they'll be in the Premium shop? I'm kind of out of mon€yz right now.

you have a while... they are in shop for 81 days

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,064 posts
17,316 battles

The HSF captains have any bonus, like the cook Steven Seagal, or just the annoying  voices?

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I'm a bit disappointed with the Harekaze personally.
The option to choose between three different gun loadouts is unique and should be a great selling point, but only one of the loadouts is actually worth using in my opinion.

If the IJN 127mm guns are equipped, she is just a weaker version of a mediocre ship, the Kagero. The only strength of the Kagero is its amazing concealment, but there is so much hydro and radar around that it's difficult to use it and getting spotted 6 KM from the enemies can easily get you killed in the Harekaze considering its small health pool.

The US 127mm guns are surprisingly strong, but there are only 3 of them firing every 4 seconds. The DPM is lacking. AA is not great either.

The 100mm guns are the only ones with good DPM and acceptable AA power, but utilizing those correctly requires a high-level captain. At least 14 points, preferably more. (DE+IFHE+AFT+CE/SE)

For anybody that got a high-level captain ready for her and intends to use the 100mm guns I can recommend a purchase, though.
A 100mm Harekaze with an 18-point captain is definitely fun to play.

Of course she can be played as a torp boat, but I wouldn't bother. Playing a high-tier torpedo boat is an exercise in frustration these days, trying to dodge all the radars, hydros and planes. Few torpedo boats got the required power and/or utility these days to be effective (Kamikaze/Fletcher/Shiratsuyu/Shimakaze/Z-52) and the Harekaze is unfortunately not one of them.

The loadout issue aside, the camos are nice, have good bonuses and her voice-over is unique. Excerpt from LWM's review:

When use Akeno Misaki, the in game voice changes not only for your ship but for all voice overs in a given match.  Instead of a single commander's voice, you hear the voices of the whole crew for different aspects of the fighting.  This means you can hear different girls reporting things like aircraft movement, congratulating you on landing solid hits or reporting problems.  It also means that any voice communication from your allies and enemies will be delivered in these same voices, giving the illusion that the entire fleets are made up of characters from the show.

It's a cool feature which makes even me want to use her, even though the voices of young Japanese anime girls can be pretty annoying.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,544 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Personally the only signals that should be on sale in shop are Economic ones. All others should have to be Earned in game.

Buying things like No detonation is pay to win

Aha so buying extra Juliet Charlie to be competetive in ranked and not get flamed by the whole team because you ran out of them means i pay to win?

On Topic: Hightier IJN Premium DD? Versatile in a way that i can put ANY IJN DD captain on it (even the Aki one)? And HSF themed with voicepack and all included? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY :cap_money:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
11 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Aha so buying extra Juliet Charlie to be competetive in ranked and not get flamed by the whole team because you ran out of them means i pay to win?

Also NA Server are most filthy dirty P2W scrubs.... I KNEW IT! :Smile_teethhappy:

On Topic: Hightier IJN Premium DD? Versatile in a way that i can put ANY IJN DD captain on it (even the Aki one)? And HSF themed with voicepack and all included? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY :cap_money:

Yes it is pay to win.. OK i play a lot of DD. I only put that flag on tier 8-10 or when playing ranked. I have over 300. But yes if they allow people to pay money to avoid detonation/have higher chance of fire or get a 20% increase in repair recovery in the form of flags its most defiantly pay to win. Only way they can avoid this accusation is if they allow flags to be purchased in game for credits.

On topic Yep this DD realy looks  great.. So want her. But also want the gallant and just spent 20€ on 6 months Prem time.. Not sure I can justify another 50€ (Gallant and Harekaze)

I have so many Prem ships I hardly seem to play non Prems any more..

• Cool 1

[TFZ]
Players
58 posts
5,165 battles

My biggest disappointment with all this is the flags only is available is the (overly expensive) gold packs. :(