You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

Duca D'Aosta in shop 50% off

43 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
2 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Duca D Aosta in shop 50% off

Thnx a bunch man, I wanted that ship and the discount is solid.

Strange, I entered the shop this morning and only saw the 2 HSF ships.

Shoutout to you.

Players
1,648 posts
12,113 battles

Worth it? I know Flamu's commentary from the time of her release, but I also know how fragile this boat can be. I tend to collect all sorts of stuff but this one does not stir up the urge that I have with other ships.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,216 battles

The boat is fragile as any CL (well not Nurnberg fragile), bit it is a really fun ship to play : faster than T6 DD, guns with flat trajectory but rather short range, godd AP, ok HE, with CE you can even stealth torp ...

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles
34 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Thnx a bunch man, I wanted that ship and the discount is solid.

Strange, I entered the shop this morning and only saw the 2 HSF ships.

Shoutout to you.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,746 battles

@work:  How much gold you get for buying duca? (When you have it already)

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,167 battles

will give her a miss - I already have 3 ships that are not part of a line, and Captain xp grinding is...slow (just need to spend more time in the ships which given that there are 'progressive' lines, won't happen).

[Same with the Polish DD and also ARP etc ships)

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,996 posts
7,167 battles

Someone just has to test it, because wiki doesn't tell her price :cap_hmm:

De Grasse and Molotov prices vary between ~4500-5500, so likely something around those numbers.

[NKK]
Beta Tester
615 posts
6,287 battles
4 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Not sure, I bought it and got a bit more than 5k.

[HOME]
1,996 posts
7,167 battles
Just now, valrond said:

Not sure, I bought it and got a bit more than 5k.

Do you remember the exact amount / have a screenshot? Could be helpful for those who are interested as wiki doesn't show her price.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

She's worthy of purchase.
Her performance alone is no reason to buy her since her DPM, range and fire chance are low, but more importantly she is fun and unique.
She's has the highest top speed and longest torpedo range of any cruiser in-game (36,5 knots and 12 KM).
A well-played Duca is very difficult to kill because of her slim profile, great maneuverability, high speed and good concealment, even at the relatively short ranges she has to operate at to properly utilize her AP and stay in range of her main guns.
On top of that it's a very sexy ship.

I put her in the same category as the Perth and Atlanta. A demanding ship that is enjoyable to play and performs well in experienced hands.

Edited by Kurbain
  • Cool 2

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles
10 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Someone just has to test it, because wiki doesn't tell her price :cap_hmm:

De Grasse and Molotov prices vary between ~4500-5500, so likely something around those numbers.

GM3D list it as 4700 gold.

[HOME]
1,996 posts
7,167 battles
2 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Interesting, then valrond said to have got "a bit more than 5k". Would need to see a SS now.

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
447 posts
5,820 battles

I couldn't resist. was trying to hold out until the Atlanta came up, and i am also waiting for the Gallant. But i needed a premium time top up, and i do love my cruisers, especially ones with a bit of history and a jazzy paint job! I hope i don't regret it!

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles
21 minutes ago, philjd said:

will give her a miss - I already have 3 ships that are not part of a line, and Captain xp grinding is...slow (just need to spend more time in the ships which given that there are 'progressive' lines, won't happen).

[Same with the Polish DD and also ARP etc ships)

It depends on how much you like a ship and your time perspective - in the end the best way to grind captain XP right now is not with underage captains on stock ships but in your premium ship of choice with 19 point captain :cap_haloween: And Aosta (unlike Błyskawica or ARP ships) is a ship that's likely to become part of a tree in foreseeable future.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
1 hour ago, Sams_Baneblade said:

I was logged in,seems like the Duca offer was online about half an hour later than the HSF.

Also a strange thing happened, I managed to grab an offer for Duca, 1 slot and 10 x2 missions for 10 euros that was replaced after a while for the current one which gives Duca,slot, 30 x3 missions and some flags for 17 euros.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
35 minutes ago, SexyCroat said:

general opinion on DUca? is it worth a buy? why?

She's quite fun, as if she were a light cruiser with some DD DNA in her.

In fact, you can stealth torp with a decent captain, and she has the speed to catch all non-Russian DDs off-speed boost without even using the speed flag.
And her fast AP...lovely.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
35 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Around 5.000 dubloons, it does not have a value in the WOWS wiki as it says "promo" but should be the same as ,say , the Molotov, a t6 CL.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
44 minutes ago, SexyCroat said:

general opinion on DUca? is it worth a buy? why?

Played 3 Ranked battles in it this morning with low skilled captain and got 3 wins in the R10-R6 and R5-R2 brackets. (I know the sample has too few battles)

It handles pretty well and feels strong if u can use island cover and pelt BBs plus overconfident DDs.

Guess if u have the Budyony u can do even better.

Players
1,473 posts

For the price i had to buy this, seems decent. Short range for main guns but the reload is quite good. Very agile and turret turn is decent. I also noticed the HE inflicts a lot of fires on BB's

Well worth the money paid

Not as fragile as i expected, if you turn any cruiser broadside then you can expect heavy damage, keep this ship angled and you will be ok

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,358 battles
37 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

I can confirm that it's 4700 gold.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,746 battles

Ok, so in short... if you already have duca. By buying it again, it will cost you 10 euros to transform one of your T10's into a "Premium moneymaker"... if you buy that T10 camo (cost 5k doubloons). Only downside is you need dedicated captain for it.. but it's T10.... shouldn't you already have great captain in it...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
85 posts
4,075 battles
34 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Ok, so in short... if you already have duca. By buying it again, it will cost you 10 euros to transform one of your T10's into a "Premium moneymaker"... if you buy that T10 camo (cost 5k doubloons). Only downside is you need dedicated captain for it.. but it's T10.... shouldn't you already have great captain in it...

Yes, if you wish.

I bought both Belfast and Blyskawica (while I had both ships earlier) and now I have 13k+ doubloons for 25€. I'm now waiting for a six month premium sale and it'll be rather cheap half a year premium account for me.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,167 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

It depends on how much you like a ship and your time perspective - in the end the best way to grind captain XP right now is not with underage captains on stock ships but in your premium ship of choice with 19 point captain :cap_haloween: And Aosta (unlike Błyskawica or ARP ships) is a ship that's likely to become part of a tree in foreseeable future.

My closest Captain to 19 is 13.... so not currently an option :)