IJN_Kitakami

New player here

16 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles

Hello guys, new player here. Nice to meet you.:Smile_honoring:

A bit self-introduction, I am from Asia server with above average skills, I guess? Just wanna loitering here for a change.

A few quick question.

- Is the french cruisers' engine and rudder really weak? Or its because at low-tier everything breaks?

- Any casual clan or anime-based clan that still got empty spots?

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
447 posts
5,814 battles

Hi, Nice to meet you.

Only got to tier 5 on the frenchies, and i wouldn't say that the engines or rudders aren't noticeably weaker than any other similar tier ship. I work by the principle its best to be shot at for the shortest time possible though, so i haven't had many incapacitation's.

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

Welcome in the EU server. Hope you'll have a good time here.

I can only answer your French ship question. I'm not into the clan business. I'm @ Charles Mattel. Took the engine protection. But nearly every shell hit on the nose is a guatanteed rudder. I'm actually seriously thinking of taking last stand on my captain.

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
50 minutes ago, mikelight1805 said:

Hi, Nice to meet you.

Only got to tier 5 on the frenchies, and i wouldn't say that the engines or rudders aren't noticeably weaker than any other similar tier ship. I work by the principle its best to be shot at for the shortest time possible though, so i haven't had many incapacitation's.

48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Welcome in the EU server. Hope you'll have a good time here.

I can only answer your French ship question. I'm not into the clan business. I'm @ Charles Mattel. Took the engine protection. But nearly every shell hit on the nose is a guatanteed rudder. I'm actually seriously thinking of taking last stand on my captain.

Thanks guys, I guess I will grind more to consider LS or AR.

Players
1,648 posts
12,113 battles

Ahoy, welcome to Europe :Smile_honoring:

I guess the engine and rudder on French ships break so easily because they are cruisers. I had the same problem during the grind of my German cruisers - every single HE shell seemed to break the main engine of my trusty Hipper.

As for your clan question, I highly recommend the one and only Pravda Kantai - great people, lots of fun on their Discord. Even if you don't apply or if they have no vacant slot, it is always worth dropping into their channel. Best ask @GenrMcAuliffe1 for an invitation :)

There are some other clans around, of course, but I'd first try to get a foot into PRAVD ;)

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
8 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Ahoy, welcome to Europe :Smile_honoring:

I guess the engine and rudder on French ships break so easily because they are cruisers. I had the same problem during the grind of my German cruisers - every single HE shell seemed to break the main engine of my trusty Hipper.

As for your clan question, I highly recommend the one and only Pravda Kantai - great people, lots of fun on their Discord. Even if you don't apply or if they have no vacant slot, it is always worth dropping into their channel. Best ask @GenrMcAuliffe1 for an invitation :)

There are some other clans around, of course, but I'd first try to get a foot into PRAVD ;)

Thanks mate :Smile_honoring:

Yeah thought so, I want to grind Emile and sees how its going first.

Thanks I have sent application to [HAIFU] already though I waiting for their respond first. I will check out the Discord.

Thanks aye.

Beta Tester
1,021 posts
3,729 battles
13 hours ago, IJN_Kitakami said:

Thanks mate :Smile_honoring:

Yeah thought so, I want to grind Emile and sees how its going first.

Thanks I have sent application to [HAIFU] already though I waiting for their respond first. I will check out the Discord.

Thanks aye.

You are indeed always welcome on our discord, even if you join a different clan people are always up for divisions (or just there for the kancolle pictures hehe) 
Here is a link if you want to come and chat https://discord.gg/VcfqDQK

@deadly_if_swallowed thanks for the recommendation!

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
6 minutes ago, GenrMcAuliffe1 said:

You are indeed always welcome on our discord, even if you join a different clan people are always up for divisions (or just there for the kancolle pictures hehe) 
Here is a link if you want to come and chat https://discord.gg/VcfqDQK

@deadly_if_swallowed thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks man.

I will check it out later.:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Welcome aboard, always room for more players interested on learning game.

On 10.7.2017 at 5:13 AM, IJN_Kitakami said:

- Is the french cruisers' engine and rudder really weak? Or its because at low-tier everything breaks?

On the other hand they don't get citadelled by destroyer HE like Danae...

In fact French cruisers are in certain sense quite forgiving:

Show side and most APs just overpen, including DD APs.

If you show side of Kuma, Phoenix or Omaha to gunboat destroyer who knows what he's doing it's quick return to port.

T4 and 5 French cruisers won't ever suffer from this:

https://youtu.be/tiWwb54AJUY?t=3m30s

https://youtu.be/ehAj_dMrhmM?t=1m24s

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
5 hours ago, EsaTuunanen said:

Welcome aboard, always room for more players interested on learning game.

On the other hand they don't get citadelled by destroyer HE like Danae...

In fact French cruisers are in certain sense quite forgiving:

Show side and most APs just overpen, including DD APs.

If you show side of Kuma, Phoenix or Omaha to gunboat destroyer who knows what he's doing it's quick return to port.

T4 and 5 French cruisers won't ever suffer from this:

https://youtu.be/tiWwb54AJUY?t=3m30s

https://youtu.be/ehAj_dMrhmM?t=1m24s

Thanks man.

French got space-armour where it can stop the short AP fuse on DDs and RN CLs, you still takes massive damage from others.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
7 hours ago, IJN_Kitakami said:

French got space-armour where it can stop the short AP fuse on DDs and RN CLs, you still takes massive damage from others.

Spaced armour negates only DD HE.

APs overpen because those French cruisers are made from tinfoil and there isn't much anything to slow down shells besides citadel being small target.

And RN CL APs have special fuze sensitivity not shared with other ships.

(DD AP overpens below 25mm plated targets including DDs)

Only times I've managed to citadel T4 Duguay in match is from near auto-bounce angle, when effective thickness of armor is higher along with longer shell flight time inside the ship.

Testing in training room at 11km range Soviet 130mm AP has slowed down enough and trajectory is enough downwards that citadel hits are possible from side angle.

At shorter range they just overpen for miserable 250 damage.

Though at shorter range when being able to hit reliably it's possible to citadel Duguay through stern!

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
50 minutes ago, EsaTuunanen said:

Spaced armour negates only DD HE.

APs overpen because those French cruisers are made from tinfoil and there isn't much anything to slow down shells besides citadel being small target.

And RN CL APs have special fuze sensitivity not shared with other ships.

(DD AP overpens below 25mm plated targets including DDs)

Only times I've managed to citadel T4 Duguay in match is from near auto-bounce angle, when effective thickness of armor is higher along with longer shell flight time inside the ship.

Testing in training room at 11km range Soviet 130mm AP has slowed down enough and trajectory is enough downwards that citadel hits are possible from side angle.

At shorter range they just overpen for miserable 250 damage.

Though at shorter range when being able to hit reliably it's possible to citadel Duguay through stern!

Thats alot of info thanks mate.:Smile_great:

[HAIFU]
Players
645 posts
2,106 battles
1 hour ago, CmndrKatyusha said:

welcome to EU server, enjoy your stay awhile learning new things and skills while playing the game with us all :Smile_honoring:

[SSA]
Players
515 posts
16,238 battles

I found the french rudders less sturdy than japanese ones so far (T7) heard it gets better on the Henry though.

Greetings and again welcome to the EU server, hope you have a pleasant time and good luck. :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1