Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

light cruisers up ahead

10 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,294 battles

allow full access to tier 4 to 5 ships to  missions that are not possible now (science of victory, honourable something, this last one is only for tier VIII upwards, well, the campaigns) being able to finish the campaigns and challenges with tier 4 and 5 ships  and ranked battles.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

If the wiki is correct then Science of Victory can be done with at least tier V ships or even lower tiers for the first few missions.

Honorable Service is (or should be) a campaign for more experienced players. The restriction for high tiers probably shall prevent players with a higher skill level to complete some of the tasks in lower tier battles, like getting a Kraken, Clear Sky, etc.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,294 battles

campaigns start with a tier than finish with other tiers, why?

why you can't complete a campaign or challenge with the same boat?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
752 posts
18,325 battles
30 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

To motivate new players to progress and bad players to pay to progress!?!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

What exactely do you mean?

The campaigns shall provide an increasing level of difficulty and - as Profilus mentioned - either motivate players to progress or make sure that players with only tier III ships can't suddenly sail a tier VI premium.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,994 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Science of Victory is specifically made for newer players to familiarize themselves with different aspects of the game, including different ship classes.

It's not designed to be done with one ship, or if you do it's going to be more difficult.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,563 battles

Science of Victory can be completed with a tier V ship afaik. Most of the early missions as low as tier III ships. If a player were to stick to one line and just play normally, any halfway decent player will be able to grind up to tier V ships in less than a week.

The Honourable Service missions are designed for advanced players and as such are limited to tier VIII ships or higher (also no doubt intended to populate the high tier MM and not have everyone shipping about in the midtiers). You also get a tier solid VI premium ship for completing it, which should provide some measure of motivation for people to grind their way up to the high tiers and then through the missions.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,294 battles

Battle of Calabria and many others, I started with my tier v ships, but the last two stages I have to finish with tier VI minimum.

Why is that?

Why I can't start and finish with a phoenix, Omaha, or emile.? my A team.

why I got to go for the cleve or la galion something? B team

I've the Pensacola to.

the problem for me it's a player don't have a single type of ship trough out a tier tree. it very hard to find motivation with a ship that is still strange to us

I'm a grinder, and I grind myself up to Pensacola for the moment, through the random battles.

I'm grinding the U.S. Line cruisers and destroyer line (Clemson, Nicholas almost there)

I'm grinding the French line cruisers (going after la Algerie now)

I'm starting again the U.K. line cruisers. (Caledon upwards)
and stopped the german bb line, for the moment.

you see, the problem is the right ship for each one of us it's not always the highest tier we've got.

tier III owners can still sail tier VI ships, they can buy them, tier VI, VII, VIII, etc.

And the rewards are not ships, it's a parking spot or a camouflage or a flag.

so why?

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles

To make the missions more challenging and protect inexperienced players.

If the task were to get a Kraken with Tier IV+ ships, many players would try it at Tier IV (quite easy).

When I put the task on Tier VI+ ships, the task becomes harder and I protect Tier IV players from more experienced players.

Sign in to follow this