Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Babykim

A few good mods

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

It is 100 percent legal. The popular mini-map mod, which is included in the official WG mod pack, got a new useful feature. A cross that shows the range of the main guns on the map.

This mod help shooting targets in smoke. A target in smoke is difficult to hit for several reasons. You need to find the correct range, lateral position and have a lot of luck since without a target set the salvo will be very inaccurate. Now you can reliably get the range, especially if the target was spotted before disappearing in smoke. Just superimpose the range cross on the last known location and hope that the RNG is on your side. With a stationary large target (say a British cruiser), you chances to hit increase significantly.

I will try it out. How about you?

Other mods that I recommend: navigator, running lights, and especially the one showing who just used which consumable (nice for carriers and HE cruisers for permanent-fires, salty quits guaranteed).

EDIT: Ok, useless because it works on allies only. The mod shows fires on enemies. Not really usefull either cause you can see them anyway.

Russian video:

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/89845-мод-на-прострел-дымов/

Sorry if this is well-known.

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts
7,167 battles
40 minutes ago, Babykim said:

Other mods that I recommend: navigator, running lights, and especially the one showing who just used which consumable (nice for carriers and HE cruisers for permanent-fires, salty quits guaranteed).

Wut, something like this exists? Geez. Even running lights is imo something not needed at all.

Heck, even the incoming fire alert is so useless skill imo, waste of points for good players but making it easier for bad players to hit A/D thanks to the sign "EVADE FFS YOU ARE SHOT AT" popping up on screen. During the good old times we had no captain skill like that and you had to check the horizon yourself to see if someone had shot at you.

No, you won't "instawin" with certain skills and mods, but they do make life a bit easier for "certain players" as they don't need to do so much things themselves. Like check surroundings for incoming fire, watch the smoke from smokestacks/ use torpedolauncers to see how target is moving or spot themselves who used damacon and who didn't.

I'll use just vanilla client* as my personal opinion is that these kind of mods are not needed. To each their own I say.

* Only mod I use is the politically incorrect naval ensigns, after the SweetFX shader stopped working.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I'm not even bothering.

I don't see this being really effective against anyone you couldn't shot in smoke without it because they just park in smoke and don't move at all, the moment they just move inside the smoke so just placing the cross over the last seen position on the minimap doesn't work you're again shooting blind like usually, but meh. Maybe it gives someone the placebo effect of doing something against potatos in smoke and that makes them happy but I don't see that much going to that mod.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

I don't like cheating in a game.

Doesn't matter what WG has said about it. If they consider it so good, put it in the game so anyone is fighting with the same tools. Otherwise... CHEATING.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,351 battles

I stick with aslain mods for years now. Using historical icons, minimap, detection icons, shell coloring, more visible torps, more visible controls, smoke counter, navigator, training room, moving lights and some ports.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,807 battles
1 hour ago, Babykim said:

the one showing who just used which consumable (nice for carriers and HE cruisers for permanent-fires, salty quits guaranteed).

AFAIK it only shows which consumables your allies use/used.

correct me if i am wrong

:Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles
Just now, MaxxyNL said:

AFAIK it only shows which consumables your allies use/used.

correct me if i am wrong

:Smile_honoring:

Corrected, you are wrong :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,807 battles
Just now, Babykim said:

Corrected, you are wrong :Smile_smile:

The one in the WG Modpack?

If i use the English setup, the mod info clearly states ït works for allies, it does not mention anything about enemies.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles
13 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

The one in the WG Modpack?

If i use the English setup, the mod info clearly states ït works for allies, it does not mention anything about enemies.

OK let me check in battles, cause maybe I am wrong :Smile_smile:

Checked! Thanks God I was wrong! Edited the OP.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,994 posts
7,167 battles

Good to see that mod didn't work as originally stated.

Sign in to follow this