Which is best?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
18 posts
4,304 battles

Hello captains

Want your thoughts on which is best?

Błyskawica?   or Leningrad?

as a tier 7 prem DD.With the Blyskawica coming on sale tomorrow i was wondering if it was worth picking up or wait for the Leningrad to come up on sale (if it does anyway).I am grinding the Russain DD;s so a Captain would be handy but ive heard the Blyskawica is a great fun ship? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

Blyskawicza because has no proper ship line has reduced utility as a premium, can not retrain captainz for other ships, you start with a captain with 0 points which gets XP only from a single ship so trains slower. There is no Polish line plannex in the future.

I would get Leningrad.

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles

Lenin is Minsk with 8km torps better guntraverse, less fire range with 0.3km which when u put AFT is 0.4 Minsk is real fun and great ship, Blyska loose a lot of speed when turning her ruder is slower than leningrad, her silhouette is bigger than leningrad so soaks easyer dmg & 4knos slower

+ for grozovoi & khaba u need 2x19points caps

Leningrad

[NEKO]
Players
50 posts
5,408 battles

After WG stealth fire nerf - definitely Leningrad!

Fast, really fast with flag, useful torps, good range, with proper skills and upgrades, has good rudder and OK gun traverse. Lots of fun with it.

Though ... as a disclaimer - also fast into trouble, has large turning circle and capable CV player can get you good. Interestingly enough I have managed to drift, slide into random torps more often than I'd like ...

Blyska on the other hand lost most of fun with invisifire ... it is quite sluggish with 6 sec rudder, bleeds speed in turns and if you get too close to enemy, you get punished. Torping is quite risky, torps are slow as molasses. You'd like to use your guns, therefore no torping, torps are very situational - perhaps an ambush here or there, but that has been very-very rare in those tiers. Good firestarter, although slow with reload. Anyway - I feel the nerf killed Blyska ... she unfortunately rots in my port now. Before nerf was quite fun ship to ride though :(

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
On 7/9/2017 at 1:13 AM, Skye_Tank_Dog said:

Hello captains

Want your thoughts on which is best?

Błyskawica?   or Leningrad?

as a tier 7 prem DD.With the Blyskawica coming on sale tomorrow i was wondering if it was worth picking up or wait for the Leningrad to come up on sale (if it does anyway).I am grinding the Russain DD;s so a Captain would be handy but ive heard the Blyskawica is a great fun ship? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Blyska is better in close combat with other DDs, but will loose to Leningrad in long range combat...

Leningrad is better in long range combat not just with DDs but with all other classes...

so I would say Leningrad is better all around... The captain for Leningrad  does not fit any other ussr DDs (except for Gremy)... so no advantage here relative to Blyska

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,053 posts
29,784 battles

Compared to the Blyskawica, Leningrad has:-

- Faster and more torps.

- It's harder to hit.

- It can reach caps faster.

- Better gun power (130 mm) Vs (120 mm) for Blyska.

- Better concealment by a small margin.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

Hard one OP. I don't have tons of player experience in both ships I must confess. From that perspective here's my 2 cents. For me they actually feel quite the same. My advice would be L'grad if you're grinding the Russian DD line.

Parallel on topic: I haven't played my Russian DD's since the split anymore... I profoundly HATE those splits. Am I the only one?

Sign in to follow this