Sign in to follow this  
Likatare

Dedicated captain for the Belfast?

9 comments in this topic

[CWOWA]
Players
35 posts
9,722 battles

So the Belfast was on sale and I got it.

Since it benifits nicely from IFHE I wondered if the rest of you have a dedicated captain for it?

Was thinking of using my Minotaur captain and just accepting him having IFHE.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Don't waste IFHE on british cruiser captains.

The Belfast works well even with 1 skill captain but only really requires Concealment Expert in order to activate the 8.7km detection range which is the highest priority skill for any captain in the current british techtree.

You can ofcourse make a dedicated Belfast captain but since demolition expert and IFHE have zero value for RN cruiser captains that captain will have to be retrained and respecced if you want to use him on another ship at a later point.

[BYOB]
Players
3,079 posts
11,094 battles

The first 10p for every RN captain are the same, so there's little need to get a dedicated captain.

[BW-UK]
Players
38 posts
13,214 battles

I got a 19 point captain for Belfast only and haven't looked back. If you want to use her full potential there is no alternative:cap_cool:

PS. I also got a 19 pointer in my minotaur so I got the best of both worlds :cap_rambo:

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

Yes, it s better to have a captain with IFHE, but IFHE is useless for the british cruisers, and also for the other British premiums (Campbell, Hood, Warspite). So you need a dedicated captain only for Belfast, with at least 14 points, with CE and IFHE.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
5,167 battles
On 09/07/2017 at 1:19 PM, 22cm said:

Yes, it s better to have a captain with IFHE, but IFHE is useless for the british cruisers, and also for the other British premiums (Campbell, Hood, Warspite). So you need a dedicated captain only for Belfast, with at least 14 points, with CE and IFHE.

IFHE works on secondaries though, so Warspite secondary spec with IFHE, that works.

IFHE might be useful for the DD line when if comes out.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
6 hours ago, philjd said:

IFHE works on secondaries though, so Warspite secondary spec with IFHE, that works.

IFHE might be useful for the DD line when if comes out.

Not really. IFHE reduces fire chance, so you need DE as 3 points skill on Belfast, while on Warspite you need BFT or SI or Vigilance.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

I have a dedicated 19-point captain in my Belfast.

PT  //  JoAT + AR  //  SI + DE  //  IFHE + CE

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
Players
53 posts
8,741 battles

CE and IFHE dedicated captain definately. Why wouldn't you want the very best from this ship, you can still swap other captains into it to boost XP if you wanted, you just wouldnt obv have your neptune captain with same specs. I specced my minotaur and neptune captains AA spec but have used in belfast now and then just for a bit of extra xp.

i have a dedicated captain in the belfast now with IFHE and CE.

PT,  AR, DE + SI , IFHE + CE

if had 19 point would get the JOAT also.

MAkes sure to get in habbit of using hydro when smoked, number of torps that will come your way !

Sign in to follow this