Sign in to follow this  
Furzy

Gaede Season 7 Ranked

9 comments in this topic

[BRIT]
Players
4 posts
10,515 battles

The Gaede is a funny boat. True jack of all trader. I am doing well in it even though I am a below average player overall. I find it can disrupt enemy plans from the start by really scaring the crap out of other DDs. Ive just reached Ranked 9 using Gaede, 31 games, 21 victories to 10 losses (WR 68%). As a comparison my Shinonome has 42 games, 19 victories to 21 losses (WR 45%).

The Hydro means torpedobeats at initial cap and aggressive drive into enemy smoke usually follows with enemy dds death, but often mine too. However the cap is usually ours and the win. If I survive, the guns and torps are as good as most dds without competition. But usually I die early, but in the first 4-5 mins the battle is pretty much won by denying caps and/or death of their dd(s)

My builds a wee bit strange. Ive never wished I had last stand, seem to always have a dcon ready. SI too is rarely relevant as hydro lasts a long time, and smoke is german (which is a bonus I think, rely on it less). I think 150s are the better gun as the 128's are anemic with 300 dmg salvos.

Gaede.gif

[BRIT]
Players
4 posts
10,515 battles

Retracting my position now, after a bad day in ranked. Two detonations, some good, some bad games and I am reverting to the mean. Its a good boat but not powerful.

Damn ranked is frustrating. 

[1ST]
[1ST]
Beta Tester
55 posts
4,226 battles

Geade is good ship, mostly undervalued this season. I play a Faragut myself, while I don't fear a Geade, Ill keep a healthy distance to it, since the hydro is really usefull, if used correctly. Had a great game yesterday were me and a Geade capped, the Faragut smoke and Geade hydro combo was outclassing shino/fubuki combo.

Since that experience, I have decided to give the German DDs a new try, gave up at the tier 5 last time.

Wouldn't http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000000011011001000000000119 be a better build?

Radio location is situational IMHO while Superintendent in long fights are very good.

[BRIT]
Players
4 posts
10,515 battles

Ive found radio location and hydro handy for charging down DDs in long smoke streams. I can then pinpoint their location ind hammer them them helpless with hydro or hijack their smoke if they run. 

Yeah radio is situational, but if you aim to get yourself into those situations you end up using it as a primary tool. :)

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles

To be honest it is worst dd for ranked. 

Ijn outspot it for safe margine to keep it a pored and not show themself. 

USA has same stealth but better dpm and more importan usa smoke while gaede has crapsmoke and can not play smokegame with it. 

Anshan beats It on any front 

Ru will not mention for ranked

[BRIT]
Players
4 posts
10,515 battles

Id disagree about worst. The IJN margin is closed in seconds when you know where they are with radio. Dosnt matter what smoke there is with hydro closing fast, and you can hijack their nice smoke. Anshan no Hydro.

I admit my crappy stats show that it dosnt always work, but if there are CL's and BB's aware of whats happening and ready to fire, then it does root out enemy DDs. This clears out Cap points and caps  win the game.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles
1 hour ago, Furzy said:

Id disagree about worst. The IJN margin is closed in seconds when you know where they are with radio. Dosnt matter what smoke there is with hydro closing fast, and you can hijack their nice smoke. Anshan no Hydro.

I admit my crappy stats show that it dosnt always work, but if there are CL's and BB's aware of whats happening and ready to fire, then it does root out enemy DDs. This clears out Cap points and caps  win the game.

well higher the rank, more dd job is spot + smoke.....and KM dd can not do either of jobs......hydro is bad/short range.....also smart ijn will be close to his fleet and your rush will end you die......they just made a mess of lower tier KM dds for kompetitive play.....higher you go, hydro gives more range + stralth is better

[CLADS]
Players
151 posts
9,962 battles

For a really not-suitable-for-ranked-destroyer like the Gaede, you are indeed doing well in it with 50% winrate. Imagine what you could do with a capable destroyer once you learn how to use it. 

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles

Ernst Gaede is a fantastic DD for ranked. It's got the best torpedoes at tier 6 and you can bully DDs out of caps with hydro + high HE pool. 6.6km is very usable.

I've been really impressed with it (19 point random battle IFHE seal clubber captain)

Sign in to follow this