You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Evergreen

Misbehavior in Chat.

71 comments in this topic

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles

In too many matches i see people shout, yell and call names far too often. It realy looks like one needs to wish other players the most worst things.

That's why i asked myself if people could get banned for (example( 24 hours).

Telling people that they should get cancer...The whole family should get cancer and so on is not realy what should be allowed to say in chat.

Those people ruin the gam for sure, and i think they should not be part of this great community.

• Cool 8

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles

I agree. I very rarely report people, only for AFK or when I see people writing things like that. I understand people get pissed and salt happens but there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

If they receive enough reports for "misbehaviour in chat" (or whatever it is called now) they will get a chat ban.

If you think it is something big you can take screenshots and send them to the customer support. They will tell you to use the ingame report function, though.

Edit: But please don't post any names or screenshots with names here. You will only get a warning for naming and shaming.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,001 posts
7,190 battles

Sadly this is the everlasting problem with every multiplayer and internet thingy. Just need to grow a thick skin and laugh at those turds who think they are the most badas5 guys on earth when raging on chat. Reminds me of one ranked match yesterday:

Our Ryujo tells the Bayern not to solo yolo into enemy. Simsala pim!, Bayern solo yoloes into enemy and gets slaughtered. Then this genius in his once so mighty Bayern, nowadays a submarine, starts to cry at our Ryujo for not helping him... No one could have saved him after he went full re I mean full yolo! Then starts the usual "discussion" about manners between these two in chat. Things get even better as Ryujo asks how old the Bayern guy is, as his behaviour was so childish in chat, raging with caps lock on. When Bayern answers he is 21, the Ryujo goes silent. This is when he went full retard the last time. Because Ryujo didn't answer how old he was, the Bayern guy thought that he must be younger than he is! Natural conclusion, isn't it? Anyways, now this Bayern guy JUSTIFIED his bad behaviour in chat, because "I'm older than you haha".... :Smile_facepalm:   As if manners and age would go hand in hand.:Smile_sceptic:

And yeah, contact support if someone really goes over the board in your opinion. Otherwise just better to use the ingame report function as because of that system, support doesn't really handle little chat shltting.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

OP. You and I are from the same country. C'mon: you don't get impressed by nitwits who's calling bad things in words are you? I can't remember ever to have been shouted bad names from fellow cheeseheads ever. So why the heck take it seriously from all people native to secondary naval countries?

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,316 battles

This topic triggers me :cap_fainting:

• Cool 4

Players
3,608 posts
7,323 battles

How hard would it be to put a swear filter into the game?  If they did that then 80% of the problem goes there and then and maybe support could afford to spend some time on the 20% that doesn't.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
2,883 posts
12,106 battles
2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

In too many matches i see people shout, yell and call names far too often. It realy looks like one needs to wish other players the most worst things.

Telling people that they should get cancer...The whole family should get cancer and so on is not realy what should be allowed to say in chat.

Those people ruin the gam for sure, and i think they should not be part of this great community.

I wouldn't mind it. I got triggered into a crapfest a moment ago. I'm done for the night either way.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Ignore the chat. To be offended is a choice.

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles
4 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

Edit: But please don't post any names or screenshots with names here. You will only get a warning for naming and shaming.

I never post names, because that is lowering myself to their niveau. ;)

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles
3 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

And yeah, contact support if someone really goes over the board in your opinion. Otherwise just better to use the ingame report function as because of that system, support doesn't really handle little chat shltting.

When game devolepers would take this problem more serious, and give players a serious ban (24 hours the first time at least) then the player will learn something (maybe).

Imo a 24 hour ban, for the first time, a 48 hour ban for the 3rd time and so on is the only way to have people realise that this is meant serious.

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles
3 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

OP. You and I are from the same country. C'mon: you don't get impressed by nitwits who's calling bad things in words are you? I can't remember ever to have been shouted bad names from fellow cheeseheads ever. So why the heck take it seriously from all people native to secondary naval countries?

I'm not impressed, but it realy starts to irritate me to see people use words as cancer, wishing people to get cancer and so on.

When you let them go on it will be seen as a normal thing to do, while i think it's a way of behaving social to do not.

In our clan people get a single warning when using the C word, and the second time he gets kicked for life.

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles
2 hours ago, Capra76 said:

How hard would it be to put a swear filter into the game?  If they did that then 80% of the problem goes there and then and maybe support could afford to spend some time on the 20% that doesn't.

It woudn't help that much. Peopl should get a serious punishment instead.

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles

I just ignore that kind of chat, not caring of sutch behaviour usually pisses the color chatter off even more, and that i call a victory, not lowering yourself to sutch a level. :Smile_Default:

[BNI]
Beta Tester
253 posts
12,480 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I just ignore that kind of chat, not caring of sutch behaviour usually pisses the color chatter off even more, and that i call a victory, not lowering yourself to sutch a level. :Smile_Default:

I never lower myself to such level, but imo for this kinda s@#t should be a serious rule, with concequences.

IRL people ignore too much allready, and let things happen to easy.

Players
3,608 posts
7,323 battles
11 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

It woudn't help that much. Peopl should get a serious punishment instead.

As I said, if you can take 80% out with a swear filter maybe support would have time to deal with the serious cases properly.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,712 battles

iu cna disable text messages from players tho thats the fastest way to deal with it

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles

I can relate. 

I played a battle in my Mutsuki. And just for fun I said "Mutsuki Chan is here for duty" (or something like that IDK)

and some premium oversmart noob in a molotov said "KYS weeb"

I didnt really take that hard becuz I faced worse in WoT.

I thought since this game is young, salt isnt going to be much like in WoT.

Apparantly this guy is one of them tryhards who blames things on their team

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Beta Tester
229 posts
6,457 battles
4 hours ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

I can relate. 

I played a battle in my Mutsuki. And just for fun I said "Mutsuki Chan is here for duty" (or something like that IDK)

Age of this game has kept it better than most.

But sadly as the game is aging, it's also getting saltier.

report plus ignore are my reactions, here's hoping my ignorelist is huge enough :/

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles
7 hours ago, atomskytten said:

Ignore the chat. To be offended is a choice.

Yes. It´s the best. But if you have struggled with cancer so isn´t so easy to just ignore that. Then it´s not that easy to no to think abut it. I know. Have been ther. Still there. Ha det bra :)

• Cool 1

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles
6 hours ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

I can relate. 

Nice intro then you spoil your post with that kind of nonsense.

First I already had you once on my team in random battles.

This does not excuse the rudeness of the molotov but you are obviously almost at his level (reason why I don't read the chat anymore), having a premium ship does not make someone a noob and moreover you are not well placed to call people noobs.

6 hours ago, aidenthedestroyer said:

I do believe you are the salty one as you make several assumptions and here you are trying again to blame others.

This is a free game so everyone is free to play the way they like but:

When someone is a tomato and is being told they did something stupid, then they should accept it and get better (or not) but at least no come cry on the forums..........

[NORKS]
Players
19 posts
2,940 battles

The only real thing that annoys me in chat is that people don't respond.  I realise that English isn't everyone's first language but I suspect some people haven't even worked out how to use chat.

"We are in a ranked battle - why do 4 of you not have any camo?"  Nothing

"A or B?" Nothing

"Carrier - why did you just let his torps and dive bombers attack me whilst your fighters sat 5km back not moving?" Nothing

"Sorry team our other carrier didn't launch any planes for 5 minutes, I've lost most of my planes and the game is lost.  Please report him" Nothing

"Two of us have just engaged 8 enemies at C.  How the f*%# have you managed to let the enemy cap A+B?!" Nothing

[BUSHI]
Players
3,044 posts
16,292 battles
18 minutes ago, prj1865 said:

The only real thing that annoys me in chat is that people don't respond.  I realise that English isn't everyone's first language but I suspect some people haven't even worked out how to use chat.

"We are in a ranked battle - why do 4 of you not have any camo?"  Nothing

"A or B?" Nothing

(...)

It's normal. Nowadays still a lot of people no hablo inglés. Even youth learning it in school ...

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
10 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I never lower myself to such level, but imo for this kinda s@#t should be a serious rule, with concequences.

IRL people ignore too much allready, and let things happen to easy.

But it is not real people the players are speaking to when they wish cancer etc. etc. - it is the anonymous player handle that they speak to and that is what people forget and if that is taken serious and personal the problem lies with that person and not the one sending the insults or worse.

No one knows one another or knows the true identity of others in online gaming thus insults can never be personal as that requires that the insulting person knows the identity of the receipient of the insult. Thus taking offence of ingame insults is a choice and an even more infantlie and ridiculus choice than the insults themselves.

A player identity can not be offended because it is made up and and a player can not be offended on behalf of his or her player identity unless they have issues that require professional help.

So long story short: If a player feels offended over ingame chat he or she is the one that need to look at him or herself and learn to ignore the toxic chat, which is just normal human behaviour when people are venting due to frustration - If you take offence of toxic chat you are the problem.