Dan_VP

Fuso's best skills for ranked

24 comments in this topic

[JB]
[JB]
Players
16 posts
12,997 battles

I have 13 skill points now. Already got Expert Loader (often change AP with HE), AR (to maximize firepower, EM (mandatory) and SI. What should I do with the last 5 points? I play it usualy as a sniper, but I want to be prepared for DD survival hunt too. CE, RL, Fire Prevention, PT, Bos, Vigilance maybe?

[JB]
[JB]
Players
16 posts
12,997 battles

Well, I've made my way sniping till rank 10 for now. I've chosen RL to deal with pesky dd. Next, vigilance I think.

[IRQ]
Players
2,725 posts
6,638 battles

For how you position yourself, I'd recommend Air Supremacy and Aircraft Servicing Expert.

• Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Expert loader is a waste since firing HE with BBs is pointless. A good salvo of AP on a DD and those overpens still add up to half his HP, and 14 seconds is still too long to wait for a switch and too much time spent not firing. But if it suits you then go with it, guess it's only one skill point wasted.

What I would recommend for you last 5 points is stuff like High Alert, Jack of All Trades, Basics of Survivability and/or maybe Priority target. Some combination of the first three help you tank much better and the last one helps you know when you're focused and need to try to work out where to angle from or run to an island. Since Fuso is spotted from the moon there is absolutely no point trying to buff its concealment, but it's very nice to know when people you can't see are targeting you or when you're being ignored. My pick would be PT, HA & JoaT for 5 points.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles

i would go with either fire prevention or CE  then for that last point preventive maintenance would be best i think and the other 1 point should be direction center for catapult fighter.

expert loader is not worth it these days.

and sniping with a bb in ranked will not get u further.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,134 posts
5,893 battles

Check out Flamu's recent build for current ranked season. It's a good one. I don't know why are you using expert loader as it's toatlly useless and waste of a point. And yes! Don't snipe with it pls.

[JB]
[JB]
Players
16 posts
12,997 battles

SI,AR and HE kiting help a lot in games end to keep the star when u get in a tomato team,  which is the simplest way to get to rank 1. Cinical but true.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles
19 minutes ago, valdan71 said:

SI,AR and HE kiting help a lot in games end to keep the star when u get in a tomato team

myes well but considering u think that way u always have 1 potato in the team who is sailing a bb so i dont really think this counts.

but annyway ur asking for opinions. u get some really good ones from ppl who actualy understand builds as i read it.

and u ignore it annyway or am i reading this wrong?

[JB]
[JB]
Players
16 posts
12,997 battles

I've used another build till today, with CE and 2 planes (following Flamu). Much more satisfied with the current one. The build depends on playstyle and points to spend. I'll post again if I'll reach rank 5.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles

mye flamu's build is a build for the ppl who play bbs like bbs should be played in ranked. you take the ce to sneak up as mutch as possible to get a suprise shot off at an unsuspected target.

u use the double planes to see behind smokes and islands Or spot dds if lucky.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles
2 minutes ago, valdan71 said:

Sneaking is no bb style, cruisers and dd do that.

missing the point but no mather :X

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
16 hours ago, valdan71 said:

Sneaking is no bb style, cruisers and dd do that.

Completely up to player choice. For Fuso I guess you don't really have that luxury, which is why I said CE is a waste to improve something that's so bad anyway. But Warspite can get her concealment under 12km, which is better than most of the cruisers at that tier (without CE) and if they get CE, they usually don't have more than about 1km on you. That is downright dirty, and very effective for getting into aggressive position, surprising people, dis-engaging and re-engaging on your terms.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,134 posts
5,893 battles

For Fuse CE is waste alright as it has inferior concealment comparing to other tier VI BBs and even to higher tiers. So, you'll be spotted mostly first anyway even with it. Fire prevention would be much better choice as 4th skill (as Flamu said also in recent video of his).

[K_N_M]
Players
294 posts
5,673 battles

Dont do CE. Fire prevention is good for random, although I suspect not as useful in ranked as there are not that many HE spamming cruisers. Anyway pretext... Solo Warrior!

[AAO]
Players
399 posts
7,137 battles

EL is waste of points, it doesnt reduce reload enough to be usefull, AP will do better vs DDs in majority of salvoes.

Why do you play fuso as sniper ? It exels at mid range where dispersion isnt that bad with so many shells, i played nagato at mid / close range last season and its true sniper conpared to fuso.

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,189 battles
On 2017-07-08 at 11:40 AM, valdan71 said:

Yeah, that's deleted cruiser's captain talk.

Like others have said but it is worth saying again, it is the talk of people who actually realise that the Fuso is unrivaled at 14-15 km range where it both can tank and smash anything with the DPM it has.

On topic CE is not that useless, atleast not in randoms. Fire Prevention is arguably the more point effective tier 4 skill, but considering that in ranked battles HE spam is very very rare this season. These are my current skills for the Fuso, and so far I found that more lower point skills tend to give you more bang for your buck so to say. 

Spoiler

ea2d3635fe.jpg

[AAO]
Players
399 posts
7,137 battles
1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

Like others have said but it is worth saying again, it is the talk of people who actually realise that the Fuso is unrivaled at 14-15 km range where it both can tank and smash anything with the DPM it has.

On topic CE is not that useless, atleast not in randoms. Fire Prevention is arguably the more point effective tier 4 skill, but considering that in ranked battles HE spam is very very rare this season. These are my current skills for the Fuso, and so far I found that more lower point skills tend to give you more bang for your buck so to say. 

Reveal hidden contents

ea2d3635fe.jpg

Also if you continue the line CE is priceless.

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,189 battles
14 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Also if you continue the line CE is priceless.

True. But since this is a dedicated Fuso captain I still ended up with CE after getting a bunch of tier 8 games in a row. Now 15.8 km detection range is still bad, but atleast it stops you from getting targeted within the first minute by a bunch of North Carolinas.

Sign in to follow this