Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HexOmega

Ranked games - cancer treatment

How would you like the ranked games to be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the ranked games to be?

• Keep them they way they are now
    • Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • None of the above (write a comment)

6 comments in this topic

[EMU]
Players
27 posts
12,481 battles

Dear Wargaming,

1. Introduction and assumptions
I've played the 6th season of ranked games and I'm playing this one as well. The previous season I thought "this is the way it's meant to be". This time, I'm thinking "WG didn't plan it thouroghly and now we are stuck in this crap". The frustration from loosing a game due to "weekend warriors" or "yolo style" or "team killers" makes one go crazy. I am not the best player myself, but what I've came

across made me feel like flamu or aerroon. This has put me to write this long post, which won't be just moaning about ranked games, but, in my opionion, a cure as well.

First of all, we must ask ourselves one, very important question:

Should the RANKED games reward teams or individual players?

How is it now? Well..

Arguments for "teams":

• the winning team get's a star,
  • the loosing team loses a star,
  • team play is very important.

And I'd say that's it. Now why "individual players"

• teams are constantly chaning,
  • each player must reach rank 1 individually,
  • no divisions allowed,
  • the best player in the loosing team doesn't lose a star,
  • a very skilled player can carry the whole team.

So I'd say: "RANKED GAMES are for INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS". Ranked battles are not team battles! Ranked battles should focus more on rewarding each player individually, rather then punishing the whole team for not being able to cooperate after 1-2 min discussion whether it's A or B.

2. Cancer treatment
So once we know what the ranked battles should be like, let's make them in that fashion. If you (WG) want to keep the current style of ranked games - no problem, no major changes needed (but if you want a whole new approach to it I also have some ideas). I came with 3 options to cure the cancer in ranked games. They will still contain the "mild cancer", but will shift the focus from teams to individual players. This should remove the salt from the eyes of many and bring more people to ranked games.

OPTION 1:

• make the top 3 players in loosing team not loosing a star

Simple as that. Check the stats and you'll see, that it is very common for top 3 players to be "the carrying team" and they shouldn't be punished with loosing a star. This option is pretty straight forward, for more complicated one check option 2 and 3.

OPTION 2:

• the best player in the winning team gets 2 stars,
  • the worst player in the winning team doesn't get a star,
  • the best player in the loosing team gets 1 star,
  • the 2nd and 3rd player in the loosing team doesn't lose a star
  • in order to compensate the additional stars, the total number of stars must be increased by 10%.

This will feel so much more rewarding for the players, like you can't imagine how much. Just ask them and they will tell you.

OPTION 3:

• all players in the winning team gets 1 star,
  • all players in the loosing team lose 1 star,
  • there a tresholds of base XP for additional stars, for each individual player:
    •  in the winning team: 1800+ XP give 2 more stars, 1300+ XP give 1 more star
    •  in the loosing team: 900+ XP give 2 more stars, 650+ XP give 1 more star

Tresholds may be different.

Now this will make up for loosing and will make up for carrying the whole team. This will give a feeling that not only Rank 1 matters, but the time you get to the top as well. Maybe additional reward for that? Rank 1 shouldn't be the only goal. The leaderboard with overall score should be as well. It's like reaching level 99 in Diablo 2... everyone will get it, eventually, if one has no life, but

everytime they reset a ladder, it's a race. Make it more like it.

3. Summary
I know you listen to "vox populi", so let the people speak freely here on how they feel about the ranked games. Maybe give option 1, 2 or 3 a try (2 and 3 are my favourites). The current rules of "ranked games" do not work. Getting Rank 1 feels like a strugle and lottery, rather than accomplishment and a reward.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
349 posts
10,181 battles

Comparing a problem in a videogame to that disease made this topic completely retarded.

• Cool 2

[-TXG-]
Players
2,366 posts
54 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Comparing a problem in a videogame to that disease made this topic completely retarded.

Yep totally agree so avoiding due to OP ignorance.

[IRQ]
Players
2,723 posts
6,638 battles

Winning battles should determine stars. Experience should not. Anything that promotes selfish play over teamplay should be removed.

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
239 posts
12,388 battles

On WoT side best 3 of losing team get "chevron" and three last of winning team do not get "chevron". This has resulted in massive camp fest where people do not fight for a win, but just for personal performance and are very willing to sacrifice team mates for better personal performance.

Please keep this kind of structure faaaaaaaar away from this game. 

I know it can be frustrating to lose because of bad team or see some total failure get a star because team carried him, but I think that is much smaller problem than having whole game meta changed to sacrificing team and victory for personal performance.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts
5,893 battles

Why?

Sign in to follow this