Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

The weirdness of this ranked season

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Over the last two seasons that I played to rank 1 with about 60% win rate.

With season 7 (my third, I want that flint man) I already hated the tier 6 mm and the I hit rank 9. it took me more than 30 battles to pas it lol. I did'nt wtf was going on.

My win rate was down to something like 43%. THEN I hit rank 8 again. I went from rank 8 with no stars to rank 5 with no stars in 13 battles (thats 12 wins one loss) putting my win rate back to 60%. You can't make this stuff up, no way its random but hey I'll take it.

Anybody else have weird stuff like this during the current season? if so share it.

P.S. I stuck with my cleveland and boy am I glad. By far the most powerful ship I have when it comes to affecting the outcome of the match. (now that i learned how not to get erased in 2 salvos)

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

Yes. Good XP, good damage, 40% wins. Rank 15 and 11 pure joy, 30-40 games each.Then next day mostly wins, as like to compensate me. Annoying because I play mostly DDs, and usually in the loosing team the "top player" was a camping sniping BB, so I almost always lost a star.

[OFFS]
Weekend Tester
136 posts
15,461 battles
2 hours ago, waxx25 said:

(now that i learned how not to get erased in 2 salvos)

How do you do that please?

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles
4 minutes ago, worlok said:

How do you do that please?

this season, you only have so many maps. Each map, regardless of spawn has at least one "perfect" island for the cleveland. I wont give it completely away so find that island then take the "long way" there. Once in position it is just a matter of shooting the enemies as they get spotted. (still boring but at least with IFHE you can do some carrying as the potatoes on your team suicide scout)

[AAA-]
Players
663 posts
5,032 battles

Well I have been stuck at rank 11 for say 4 days is kindah weird I heared this before as well is 11 jinxed? Is there such a thing as jinxed ranks?

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles

rank 6 3stars 130battles...

...that 1 star costs me 90:Smile_hiding: battles, sanity and near to get chainsaw and start defending world from zombie invasion on the streets.

the idiotism and starsaving tardness is at its best nature and pure form between ranks 10-6

at rank5 we again get chase the victory no matter her cost no starsaving-tardness lets see how long will keep that way.

as a compare season6 220 battles rank23-2 than 200bttles to get the last 5 stars

so MM works as intended pure-cancer-carrot-chasing

will see that from monday hope not to much infestation

now im going to defend the world from zombie invasion in random all are welcome to join the resistаnsе:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles
1 hour ago, SteDorff said:

Well I have been stuck at rank 11 for say 4 days is kindah weird I heared this before as well is 11 jinxed? Is there such a thing as jinxed ranks?

for me the jinx usually happens at rank 10 and 5 not like rank 9 this season

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

All this talk about the 7vs7 format meaning your own skill is much more important to win is just ignorantly glossing over the fact that any potato on your team is having the same greater impact, just negatively.

Ranked is the same as Randoms, it essentially boils down to which team has the least amount of potatoes. And when teams are miraculously evenly matched with competent players, it essentially comes down to whichever team loses a ship first and it snowballs from there.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
190 posts
8,106 battles
5 hours ago, waxx25 said:

Over the last two seasons that I played to rank 1 with about 60% win rate.

With season 7 (my third, I want that flint man) I already hated the tier 6 mm and the I hit rank 9. it took me more than 30 battles to pas it lol. I did'nt wtf was going on.

My win rate was down to something like 43%. THEN I hit rank 8 again. I went from rank 8 with no stars to rank 5 with no stars in 13 battles (thats 12 wins one loss) putting my win rate back to 60%. You can't make this stuff up, no way its random but hey I'll take it.

Anybody else have weird stuff like this during the current season? if so share it.

P.S. I stuck with my cleveland and boy am I glad. By far the most powerful ship I have when it comes to affecting the outcome of the match. (now that i learned how not to get erased in 2 salvos)

Do you play most of your random battles in divisions? I guess so, because huge loss or win streaks are not rare for a single player. In your ranked battles you are basically experiencing what I get in randoms (and ranked ofc) all the time.

I rarely had game sessions that ended anywhere near my average win rate. Usually I have 1 or 2 days with abysmal win rate and then there are days where I win almost everything despite derping hard in some games.

In the end it all evens out.

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

I am comparing this to my previous ranked seasons. In total I have around 300 battles from the previous 2 seasons and I never experienced loss/win streaks like this. Yes I realize its a bit of a small number.

Beta Tester
190 posts
8,106 battles

Ok,maybe you were more consistent and less overconfident in previous seasons:Smile-_tongue:. I'm currently on a winning streak and willl quit :etc_swear:ranked when it changes like I always do

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
901 posts
11,205 battles

Like all previous season ,you hardly depend on your teammates.

You can lose only because 1 of your teammate makes a little/huge mistake.

Any solution ?

-yeah, try to carry harder and save your star on defeat (cap/shoot DD for exemple ) .

But yeah if on each game 1 of your teammate makes a mistake or throw you can have some insane loss streak

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles

I'm obviously a noob so I'm still at rank 8 with less and less nerves to press "Battle" button.

Sign in to follow this