Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

Karma and Ranked

31 comments in this topic

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles

just wanted to share some facts because i wondered if anyone had the same problem ^^

- every ranked season so far my karma increased substantialy

[season 4,5 & 6 (4 and 6 to rank 1); increas was significantly more than in random battles on a per battle basis]

- this season im ranking even faster playing the fuso 

- this season my  karma drops significantly through the season

guesss BB's arent well liked :Smile_trollface:

[edit]

to provide some numbers:

in previous season i got like 10-20 karma (effectively dunno how much i lost) per season from ranked battles

this season i lost atleast 10 karma (cant account for all lost due to the fact i dont know how much i gained in the same time in normal and ranked)  from rank 13 to 6 alone

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles

I've gone from 7 to 1 as well, don't know wtf for. Only had one battle that I could really call potato standard.

[ONIX]
Players
1,086 posts
9,030 battles

Have you reported anyone? You know, that DD that didn't scout and died 10 seconds in or did nothing during the entire match. Good chance they reported you back? 

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

Karma is a waste of time and not worth worrying about.....when i see clan players that play a lot of division countdowns all with massive amounts of karma where they give them to each other then have them brag about their high Karma scores it just makes me laugh....coupled with the 'everyone report that DD guys, he looked at me in a funny way' resulting in double figure neg reports on someone, makes it a stupid system.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,611 posts
5,167 battles

Always nice to get feedback other than the semi-normal rants - people seem to dish out compliments/complaints more frequently in ranked than otherwise, I think because everyone on each team is more of an individual instead of 'part of the blob'.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

To add to my earlier post......my current Karma is at 13. I never rant in chat, always compliment good play in chat and via karma. Play some pretty decent games now and again and swinging battles once in a while but don't get many karma points. I do get reported for killing enemy ships, especially 2 or 3 man divisions now and again :Smile_Default:.

I also never play countdown divisions in my clan as I fkn hate it so don't get any clan karma even for playing shite :Smile-_tongue:. Mainly i check it now and again as a sort of social experiment just to see how a non ranting player who plays OK mostly gets on. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
10 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

just wanted to share some facts because i wondered if anyone had the same problem ^^

- every ranked season so far my karma increased substantialy

[season 4,5 & 6 (4 and 6 to rank 1); increas was significantly more than in random battles on a per battle basis]

- this season im ranking even faster playing the fuso 

- this season my  karma drops significantly through the season

guesss BB's arent well liked :Smile_trollface:

[edit]

to provide some numbers:

in previous season i got like 10-20 karma (effectively dunno how much i lost) per season from ranked battles

this season i lost atleast 10 karma (cant account for all lost due to the fact i dont know how much i gained in the same time in normal and ranked)  from rank 13 to 6 alone

Hello. Was there a Karma indicator the previous seasons? I thought it was a new thing a few weeks or months old with one of the previous patches.

My Karma went from zero to 14 now after 110 battles of Ranked.

But I mostly play Anshan and Farragut so I am getting more love than you in your BBaby.

:Smile_hiding:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

I lost about 7 karma points just by playing CVs for 10 matches.
You bomb them, say nothing in chat except "I'm going to try to hit X", and you look at the end of it, -1

Meaningless.

• Cool 1

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles
4 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Have you reported anyone? 

i rarely report bad play, i never rant in chat, i never ever do verbal abuse.

35 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Was there a Karma indicator the previous seasons?

what do you mean by that? you mean in the general overview or in the notifications?

i cant place it exactly, but carma was there from atleast season 5 onwards

(getting notifications  is still wiered)

33 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I lost about 7 karma points just by playing CVs for 10 matches.
You bomb them, say nothing in chat except "I'm going to try to hit X", and you look at the end of it, -1

Meaningless.

well exactly  my experiance "nice" to see BB's arent the only class affected.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

i rarely report bad play, i never rant in chat, i never ever do verbal abuse.

what do you mean by that? you mean in the general overview or in the notifications?

i cant place it exactly, but carma was there from atleast season 5 onwards

(getting notifications  is still wiered)

well exactly  my experiance "nice" to see BB's arent the only class affected.

I mean the Karma indicator when u go to the "Profile" and then to "Summary" ,that white number to the top right of your name was not there I think the previous seasons.

Maybe I am wrong though,it could be there for a long time and just noticed it more recently.

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles
4 minutes ago, tank276 said:

I mean the Karma indicator when u go to the "Profile" and then to "Summary" ,that white number to the top right of your name was not there I think the previous seasons.

Maybe I am wrong though,it could be there for a long time and just noticed it more recently.

youre wrong its there since atleast season 5 like i wrote (unsure about 4 but it might have been)

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

Karma? What is this "karma" you speak of?! :Smile_trollface:

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles
6 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Have you reported anyone? You know, that DD that didn't scout and died 10 seconds in or did nothing during the entire match. Good chance they reported you back? 

I only report AFK in ranked, thing is I usually get a notification when I am reported I think. I pissed off a certain member of a prominent clan, blocked him when he overshot his smoke and probably was the cause of him getting torped. I apologized but then withdrew the apology after the amount of salt he threw at me (was more pissed off he was telling everyone I pushed him out when he just overshot and then backed into me tbh). Anyway back to port and several notifications saying I'd been reported. But I never seem to get any of these yet karma has still been dropping like a stone. The strangest thing is, yes I have been bringing Fuso a lot but I certainly haven't been camping and have often been making major contributions including some high calibres. I wonder if it's people playing for the best looser reporting people if they lose a star. Anyway I've quit ranked for now, just too frustrating when you get a crap player or AFK.

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles
14 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

Hit DD with a BB -> get reported

Rinse and repeat.

Ah that is likely it. I've been nailing quite a few with my evasive maneuvers prediction hax. I sometimes think they are harder to hit when they sail in a straight line.

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles

After reaching Rank1 (~150battles, first match for rank1 after 130battles) heres how my karma went:

started at 76

in bettween i got about minumum of 8 karma

ended at 70

so i lost  more than 14 points of karma in ranked, doing so with a good winrate not raging not doing stupid stuff...

compared to a ~16p gain in season 6  thats ridicolus 

[edit] to make it clear i never ever am toxic in ranked chat its just cause people dont like your ship and or you killed them....

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
6 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

After reaching Rank1 (~150battles, first match for rank1 after 130battles) heres how my karma went:

started at 76

in bettween i got about minumum of 8 karma

ended at 70

so i lost  more than 14 points of karma in ranked, doing so with a good winrate not raging not doing stupid stuff...

compared to a ~16p gain in season 6  thats ridicolus 

[edit] to make it clear i never ever am toxic in ranked chat its just cause people dont like your ship and or you killed them....

Jesus Christ dude,you ranked out in only 150 battles? I ve played 250 this Season, reached Rank 4 and I think I had enough.

The frustration is real, have not touched it in about 1 week now and feel much happier playing Randoms.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
30 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

(...)

150? Gratz, mate.

Karma's pointlessness aside, the way I see it, at tier 6 there is still a lot of unexperienced blood with sky-high expectations and lack of understanding what to do, hence more frustration (#SaltyTearsDownpour).

Players
2,236 posts
14,317 battles
On 7/8/2017 at 9:10 AM, bushwacker001 said:

...Karma is a waste of time and not worth worrying about...

For me mostly true, but it is nice to have a game in which you help your team mate: such as defensive smoke; and then see them increase your karma. It gives me hope that some understand the team play concept.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
8 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

For me mostly true, but it is nice to have a game in which you help your team mate: such as defensive smoke; and then see them increase your karma. It gives me hope that some understand the team play concept.

Yep, that is true but if you kill a couple of salty bb's with torps in the same battle it tends to go down a tad. :Smile_Default:

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,264 battles

Sailed almost exclusively cruisers, got to Rank 9 and had had enough - however Karma up to 115 - I reckon all the Fusos that one shotted my Leander gave me Karma for pity! :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
49 posts
8,555 battles

karma staus zero and never knew there was karma in the game or you could compliment or report a player :)

Cant find a reason to even give a compliment to a person.   They are players like you and me and they wanne play a game

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles
40 minutes ago, cosworth1977 said:

They are players like you and me and they wanne play a game

yes,

i dont give too much about karma since it does nothing, but im generally a good player who tries to make the team win and i behave in chat.

since the mechanic exists with good intentions, i just find it curious how how it functuions diffrenty under normal and ranked battle circumstances.

even if karma does not say something about me as a player the way it functions says something about the player base and how they use it...

(which in case of ranked seems to be to work like "likes" for something controversialy on a portal like facebook or youtube......)

Sign in to follow this