You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AndyHill

Bunch of flags and a day of premium, why?

28 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

I just got a bunch of flags (5 of each except the new ones) and a day of premium and I don't know why. I bought the Saipan package, but the cheap one didn't include any flags and I haven't yet received the test server rewards (and aren't those supposed to be 2x3 flags of each and I don't think I did the premium day mission). I also really doubt this was any kind of a mission since I've finished both campaigns and the weekly doesn't offer this kind of a bunch of flags.

Is this by any chance compensation for the server crashes in the last few days? If so, it's a nice gesture and greatly appreciated, but can I also have my ranked stars back? I haven't accepted any gifts recently (if ever) to the best of my knowledge but please let me know if I need to thank someone specific for the rewards. 

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,037 battles

Did you played one ranked battle? Because I also got this reward.

In fact, last season, I reached rank 10. I started at rank 16 this season (instead of starting at rank 23) and got all this stuff immediately after winning my first S7 Ranked battle, which is the sum of the rewards of all the ranks I skipped.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

Well there's the problem, I've done nothing for the last couple of days except buy the Saipan package today. I stopped playing after losing ranked stars due to server crashes a few days ago and only tried the test server yesterday.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

And I've played lots of ranked games this season and this is not a ranked reward, if for some reason I would've progressed sleep-playing I would've got 15 camos of some sort instead.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

21 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

I just got a bunch of flags (5 of each except the new ones) and a day of premium and I don't know why. I bought the Saipan package, but the cheap one didn't include any flags and I haven't yet received the test server rewards (and aren't those supposed to be 2x3 flags of each and I don't think I did the premium day mission). I also really doubt this was any kind of a mission since I've finished both campaigns and the weekly doesn't offer this kind of a bunch of flags.

Is this by any chance compensation for the server crashes in the last few days? If so, it's a nice gesture and greatly appreciated, but can I also have my ranked stars back? I haven't accepted any gifts recently (if ever) to the best of my knowledge but please let me know if I need to thank someone specific for the rewards. 

I got it as well... nice surprise... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Maybe some kind of compensation for the server hiccups of these 2 last days? I was surprised to find the Premium time, even though will probably go wasted.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I got it as well... nice surprise... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

same here probably compensation as JapLance suggests

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

Nope, Smith missions don't have rewards like that - besides, I got mine before I played any Smith mission games. In fact I got the rewards before I played anything for a while.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,910 posts
3,824 battles

Did you get 5 stars on a operation?

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

I five-starred last week's operation on the first try the day it came out and haven't played it for a while. 

And I just got another bunch of flags when I logged in. I did buy stuff from the sales on both days before I got the flags, but it's VERY hard for me to believe that WG would offer this kind of a bonus without telling anyone about it. Imperial, did you buy something from the store? 

shot-17.07.08_16.04.21-0803.jpg

(The first few lines are from the Belfast purchase and what I expected to get, the rest are surprise flags & prem)

Players
1,020 posts
5,460 battles
14 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

I five-starred last week's operation on the first try the day it came out and haven't played it for a while. 

And I just got another bunch of flags when I logged in. I did buy stuff from the sales on both days before I got the flags, but it's VERY hard for me to believe that WG would offer this kind of a bonus without telling anyone about it. Imperial, did you buy something from the store? 

shot-17.07.08_16.04.21-0803.jpg

(The first few lines are from the Belfast purchase and what I expected to get, the rest are surprise flags & prem)

Nothing recently.

Players
382 posts

Also got free stuff. 24-hour premium account and some flags yesterday, which was a puzzle. Then again today. Tried logging out and in to see if was a bug on logging in, but didn't get a third set. Glad for premium time and flags, but hadn't done anything with scenarios, missions, or campaign tasks to account for it and was up to date with claiming rewards from Public Test (hadn't been e-mailed, but had checked and claimed).

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

My guess is compensation. I got one lot but was only playing on one of the crash days. I checked my other account and got none but wasn't playing that one at all last week.

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles
1 hour ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

Who cares.... free stuff! :cap_like:5960e6c4a47ff_navyleapfrog.jpg.be8e2ba332f188d45e6c4ab30ecaf8ae.jpg

That image is scary if you've played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

2 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Just got another 1 day of Premium and another 5x flags each!

What is going on? :cap_win:

Same here... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

Someone posted this on Reddit:

WG sent an email about it:

"Ahoy Captain, We would like to inform you that you have been identified as one the people who suffered from a drop due to network connectivity issue that occurred July 4th, between 18:00 and 19:30 on the EU World of Warships server. We're committed to providing the best experience possible for everyone playing our game, and thus, we would like to credit you with a small compensation, which will be credited to your account. Process should last between 14:00 - 15:00 CET, July 8th. No additional action from you will be required to receive the compensation. The compensation will include 24h of Premium (active from moment of crediting July 8th) and a set of signal flags - x5 of all standard battle and economical flags. Have a great weekend, The World of Warships Team"

It sounds legit but I didn't get the e-mail (I was on-line when there were server outages though)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

No email for me either but I did recieve the two set of signals and premium time. I am as clueless about it as everyone else but chose not to look the gift horse into the mouth to deeply.

Enjoy your weekend. :cap_win:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,985 battles

I just got the email about 1 hour ago.

But I also got the mentioned compensation twice. So something went "wrong". :cap_win:

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

Yeah I got the email too so the mystery seems to be resolved. Could've used those ranked stars as well, though.